• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimius

Fuck. I hadn't noticed they'd get that far in AE. I've subbed on the streams, and it says something about archives. Any way to re-play yesterday's stream?

EDIT: Yaaay, I found it!

Nose Master

Just bad reads would be my guess. Sometimes you just think "well this time he'll think I'll finally block but I'll surprise with another wake up DP". Daigo channeled his inner Jyboin, unfortunately it didn't work out for him.

Holy shit. Just watched this. Jyobin is the smartest man alive.

Is the 3v3 done for good, or can they do it tomorrow after Marvel?

jbqUaS0RZ1TA4B.jpg

Too bad Jyobin is free in tournaments. He looks cool as shit though.

Tizoc

So who won the TTT2 tournament and what characters did they use?
Also did the Smash Tourney end? If so who won and what character did they use?

What was the peak for the main stream today? I think I saw it at 65k, did anybody see it higher? And does anybody know how many were watching the Nico restream of the main stream? With it being EVO and having so many Japanese competitors, I figure they have to contribute at least 10k or more.

65k day one is pretty ridiculous. What were the numbers around last year day one?

Peaked around 55K according to

http://beastnote.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/evolution-2012-day-1-summary.html

So yeah, the niconico stream numbers will be key to seeing how good everything was going. Clearly "better" but not sure by how much.

<pointless speculation>
On day 2, Marvel was apparently at around 45k. So if we speculate about 10-15k Japanese who didn't give watch Marvel, maybe we were getting up to around 80k viewers today and might hit 120k during finals.
</pointless speculation>

GamerJM

Banned
My prediction: Infiltration loses to PR Balrog in grand finals.

This is kind of a stretch but it's really what I want to see happen after today.

Peaked around 55K according to

http://beastnote.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/evolution-2012-day-1-summary.html

So yeah, the niconico stream numbers will be key to seeing how good everything was going. Clearly "better" but not sure by how much.

If their is one negative of the Japanese restream, it's the fact that it doesn't allow us to know the exact head count since their must have been thousands of Japanese only watching the Nico stream but they don't show the number of concurrent viewers. I'd say over 70k is a safe bet and over 100k will definitely happen by Sunday night as long as it rides on great momentum and ends around 1-2AM EST instead of starting that late like last year.

Garou

Evo is as enjoyable as ever, but Jesus, the technical aspect of the presentation/information relay is atrocious.
It is unnecessarily hard to follow up on brackets, who plays when, who is out, etc. Even the announcers often say stuff like "Is that guy still in? Is he out?".

They really need stuff like player-profiles, interactive realtime-brackets, and a better information relay on what is going on in the streams.
For starters: Every match should have a unique match-ID, which refers to which day/game/round/players and that ID should be displayed in the stream-window at all times. Then if I later check out some archives I should be able to take that ID and see what the matches before/after were and what happened to the players.

Busaiku

If their is one negative of the Japanese restream, it's the fact that it doesn't allow us to know the exact head count since their must have been thousands of Japanese only watching the Nico stream but they don't show the number of concurrent viewers. I'd say over 70k is a safe bet and over 100k will definitely happen by Sunday night as long as it rides on great momentum and ends around 1-2AM EST instead of starting that late like last year.

It's not that crazy.
Probably around 10k or so today.

Just another sign:

EVO 2012 thread 1, 18,866 posts and 516,372 before it was locked towards the end.
EVO 2013 thread 1, 10,800 posts and 437,601 views at the end of day 1.

There be interest.

Clawww

Evo is as enjoyable as ever, but Jesus, the technical aspect of the presentation/information relay is atrocious.
It is unnecessarily hard to follow up on brackets, who plays when, who is out, etc. Even the announcers often say stuff like "Is that guy still in? Is he out?".

They really need stuff like player-profiles, interactive realtime-brackets, and a better information relay on what is going on in the streams.
For starters: Every match should have a unique match-ID, which refers to which day/game/round/players and that ID should be displayed in the stream-window at all times. Then if I later check out some archives I should be able to take that ID and see what the matches before/after were and what happened to the players.

The ID system definitely would be sick to see implemented, but yeah FGC tourneys are not exactly technologically adapted (productions are nonetheless fantastic/entertaining). Tonamento, a system that sent players text messages about their bracket/matches, never really caught on in terms of use, not sure why though (anyone know?).

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Most majors still seem to use paper brackets. There have been issues with laptops crashing in the past and most just don't want to bother with the potential pitfalls involved.

I don't disagree with the suggestion in general, though. It'd just take a fair bit of work to update everything in "realtime."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom