• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

Dibbz

irBLTUPlGMUFU.gif

iPxzf0NPo2RAy.gif

PSYGN

I like that there's more health. Gives you time to react and strafe with proper gun skills if you get flanked.

Edit: Comparatively to CoD, sorry guys.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The lighting and explosions are seriously unbelievable. I doubted GG a bit after the E3 build but this has shut that down instantly.

Loudninja

That looks like deathmatch with perks. Yep.

Any unique modes this time around? Something besides the standard deathmatch, territories or capture the flag thats in every shooter? Is Operations coming back?
Umm Warzone?
I'm not sure why people are so quick to compare it to CoD. Just the fact that your characte doesn't drop the second that someone pulls the trigger on their gun is enough to make it different from CoD.
Every single game gets compare I ignore it mostly.

BadAss2961

looks a lot more like CoD than the previous instalments to me :/
Dude, it's team deathmatch. Not even Killzone's bread and butter mode which is Warzone. Anyway, this looks less CoD to me than Killzone 3.

Loved this multiplayer video. Shadow Fall is the shooter to get at launch.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Isn't the shield on a substantial cooldown? You're probably not going to deploy these left and right.

Just something to drop while taking over a flag or area. It should also break after a sufficient amount of shots. Looks like a lot of fun.

I guess you havnt played Killzone 2 or 3? Otherwise i dont quite understand the slow-mo comment unless there is something with the video that i didnt notice. About the generic part, which games have those type of enemies?

Yeah, I did and I stopped almost immediately.
It's slow, the characters feel slow, the gunplay feels slow... Imagine F.E.A.R bullet time, not that slow, but yeah, you'll get it(I hope).
And generic, because I always thought that Killzone was a generic FPS with pretty graphics.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Isn't the shield on a substantial cooldown? You're probably not going to deploy these left and right.

Just something to drop while taking over a flag or area. It should also break after a sufficient amount of shots. Looks like a lot of fun.

It's pretty thin too. A grenade or some slight maneuvering will counter it pretty easily.

The game looks awesome in motion, the screens don't really do it justice. Well besides the character renders I guess, I really like the sound of the guns besides the shotgun though, that just sounded weak. Map design seems to be a little cramped for my tastes though, and as others said recoil is almost nonexistent. I'm still going to buy the game on Day 1 and enjoy it, there's just a few things I would change.

test_account

XP-39C²
That looks like deathmatch with perks. Yep.

Any unique modes this time around? Something besides the standard deathmatch, territories or capture the flag thats in every shooter? Is Operations coming back?
I really hope that they inlcude Operations. I loved that mode in Killzone 3.

But as another guy mentioned above here, there is warzone, which this time looks to be a lot more customizeable compared to Killzone 2. That in itself will add variation to the gameplay i think.

Loudninja

Guerilla said they added 4 new game modes unique to Shadow Fall, if I didn't misread you could have 8 rotating game modes in a single Warzone match.
Yeah I thought those were Warzone only my bad!

No Operations test_account a dev already said that.

lock this shit at 30fps and fuck my eyes with eye candy. fuck smoothness, it's not like you gonna steal people away from COD anyway.

Dropping to 30fps sacrifices gameplay. 60fps is as much about better controls than smooth animations. So why sacrifice the importance of better feeling of control for some visuals that aren't game changing.

I don't know anyone who would agree with you that 30fps + more particles or whatever is better than 60fps.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, I did and I stopped almost immediately. I thought they would change the feel of "genericness" and the sloooooow-mo gameplay.
I understand. If you didnt like Killzone 2 or 3, then Killzone: Shadow Fall will most likely not be a game for your taste. Nothing wrong with that. Its not trying to mimic Quake or Unreal Tournament etc.. Its more in the line of Battlefield. I'm glad there are variations in the games :)

How do they change the feel of the genericness in your opinion? This goes for Call of Duty and Battlefield as well. There are a lot of games that can be defined as generic, i always wonder what people would like to see different. Honest question.

I understand. If you didnt like Killzone 2 or 3, then Killzone: Shadow Fall will most likely not be a game for your taste. Nothing wrong with that. Its not trying to mimic Quake or Unreal Tournament etc.. Its more in the line of Battlefield. I'm glad there are variations in the games :)

How do they change the feel of the genericness in your opinion? This goes for Call of Duty and Battlefield as well. There are a lot of games that can be defined as generic, i always wonder what people would like to see different. Honest question.

It's nowhere near the line of Battlefield..... I'm sorry, it's more like in the line of CoD.
And about the generic thing, I would like to explain it to you in detail, but I'm kinda lazy. So sorry if I'm not helping you :c.
Edit: CoD is also one, the last CoD game I liked was MW1. The rest is just meh.
EDIT2: ALL THIS IMHO.

mrJared

Banned
Holy smokes great video...amazing quality. Best quality from any site i have seen yet.

Game looks amazing. Hope the weapons are customizable.

Anyway, off to watch the rest of their true HD video collection.

kanuuna

Quite impressive, provided it'll be running at a fairly constant 60 FPS. That rainy map in particular looks pretty. I'm hopeful they'll release a throwback map pack at some point, with some of the older maps reworked. Radec's Academy and Pyrrhus Rise, please!

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
The kill chime? That is a staple of the game, I would be very upset if they decided to remove it. Best kill confirmation sound ever.

Absolutely love it. It was funny watching that video on my phone because the chirp is my SMS notification sound. I was like Wha, and then I was like Oh, and then I was like Ah-ha, and then I was just liking and smiling.

REV 09

This looks really nice visually. I think it's up there with Crysis 3's mp on pc if not even better looking. Regarding the gameplay, when did KZ turn into a close quarters CoD style game? i remember KZ 2 having much larger areas. Didn't play much of KZ 3.

Top Bottom