• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall is the best looking next gen launch game

This needs to be said. Its a gigantic leap over current gen, I'm making this claim after seeing the 6 minute direct feed multiplayer gameplay. Download it here https://mega.co.nz/#!tZZQ2bjQ!BB0R9UEyxQ4_2yUqcjRc5C2V4vUbjM43LYJCqyu5pHQ
I have played this video on a 55'' LED tv, it really is a better way to judge nextgen graphics than on a small monitor. The details on the gun, environment, crazy dof and particles effects, well just about everything and overall image quality are ridiculous!

kzsfparticles.gif

(thanks for the gif Shikoro)

Another huge gif: https://www.googledrive.com/host/0B2KLNYw9zktBa2x2RnRWM2ZFdlk/kzsf720a.gif

iblHYeENlHSG7l.gif

edit: also brows this thread for more gifs!

IcyEyes

I'm not here to deny that !
Anyway, there are a lot of magnificent looking games, but I must admit Shadowfall is pretty impressive, both technically and artistically!

orioto

Good Art™
I agree on the game, but stop using that gif as exemple.. where the player cannot actually see shit lol...

Not if it is 30fps then others will take its crown.

MP is more than 30FPS, and targeting 60 I believe.
I don't have a problem with 30 FPS as long as its stable, dipping frame rate below that is FTL.

I agree with the OP, but Ryse also looks great graphically (unfortunately it looks like a terrible game to me) and DC looks like it may be in competition based on the latest build.

Get this, the video is 6 minutes at 1gb and there are still some compression artifacts. Must be all them particle effects and motion blur, crazy! Day 1 for KZ!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
that gamescom impressions thread where the OP said Infamous looked even better in person

Lord, that game better be out before March.

at 30fps is a lilltle poor. I think most will wait for the next naughty dog game or KZ: shadow fall 2 before making any bold statements.

Year 3 in this cycle is when the real difference in hardware specs will matter. until then, it's all "my ball are bigger than yours!" shouting contest.

Take the 360 and PS3 cycle for example.

Bundy

Banned
It clearly is!
KILLZONE: Shadow Fall is the best looking next gen game.

Just imagine Naughty Dog's and SONY Santa Monica's next game.

ibzIvMuEdPFGD2.gif

Silky

Banned
Watching more videos of it...god damn. Gonna agree there.

Just imagine Naughty Dog's and SONY Santa Monica's next game.

ibzIvMuEdPFGD2.gif

I'm honestly really interested to see what Sanzaru can do with this engine with the next Sly Cooper game. Dem fur physics gonna be slammin

jblank83

Its a gigantic leap over current gen,

This gen is one of the longest ever. It's gone on 7 years. Of course it's a big leap, assuming you've never looked at a current PC game running on decent hardware.

Regardless, the game still just looks like a generic shooter, albeit with a lot of particles, the same stuff I've been playing for over 15 years. Almost every other genre has evolved in significant ways. FPS is still hanging on Carmack's coat tails, sometimes literally still running on Quake code. In some ways the genre has actually regressed, simplifying the gameplay, and not in good ways.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Guerilla has come a long way since Killzone on the PS2. I am looking forward to it and hope that gameplay and story can match the visuals.

I though Battlefield looked on par.

kill zone looks average compared to battlefield. the scale of that game look incredible.

tough look kill zone really. with battlefield and COD out aroun the same time it will get over looked.

Not everyone can buy everything and I would miss kill zone over the other 2, because I know what my friend will be playing

Riki

Really hope that every game doesn't do that "super slowed down so blurry you can't see anything with giant particles flying everywhere" effect...
That would get old really fast.

Kade

That gif gives me a headache. Tunnel vision FoV (looks like whoever made it zoomed in as well) with vaseline filter, super sensitive motion blur and particle effects for the sake of particle effects. The game looks great but that gif...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think BF4 looks like a cross gen game. After playing it on PC I see some marginal improvement. KZ looks absolutely next gen. I have no trepidation in calling this the best graphical showcase for next gen thus far. Infamous also looks amazing at times.

Even with playing games like Metro or Crysis on PC, KZ Shadowfall really impresses me and this is only MP we are seeing at 1080p/60fps.

at 30fps is a lilltle poor. I think most will wait for the next naughty dog game or KZ: shadow fall 2 before making any bold statements.

Year 3 in this cycle is when the real difference in hardware specs will matter. until then, it's all "my ball are bigger than yours!" shouting contest.

Take the 360 and PS3 cycle for example.

Thread Title "Killzone Shadow Fall is the best looking next gen launch game"

Not really any bold statements, the OP is just talking launch games. I am confused.

That gif gives me a headache. Tunnel vision FoV (looks like whoever made it zoomed in as well) with vaseline filter, super sensitive motion blur and particle effects for the sake of particle effects. The game looks great but that gif...

It looks like the effect of a flash grenade or something of that sort. Look at the grass getting pushed aside by the blue blast. In any case that depth of field is so good, the quality is stunning. Looks like the best kind of grain.

MP is more than 30FPS, and targeting 60 I believe.
I don't have a problem with 30 FPS as long as its stable, dipping frame rate below that is FTL.

I agree with the OP, but Ryse also looks great graphically (unfortunately it looks like a terrible game to me) and DC looks like it may be in competition based on the latest build.

I agree on DC but with Ryse it's weird. When I first saw it at E3 I thought it looked amazing, but the new GC footage has made it look so bland and underwhelming. Is that just me?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I fucking adore this stupid goddamned trend of discounting any game completely and utterly, simply for not being 60 fps.

The ridiculous rejection of reality can be astounding sometimes.

Top Bottom