• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

I'm so exited about this game that I decided to go back and play some KZ2/3 MP just to get used to it again haha.

I am so pissed that KZ2 isnt up for download off of PSN. I moved recently and I ahvent found a bunch of the games that I packed up. I really want to play some KZ2 mp before this comes out.

I am so pissed that KZ2 isnt up for download off of PSN. I moved recently and I ahvent found a bunch of the games that I packed up. I really want to play some KZ2 mp before this comes out.

Yeah, they should offer it for free on PS+ so that people can get used to the game. Also after playing kz3 again, I'm not that surprised about SF's graphics, considering how good KZ3 looks and it's running on a ps3.

that may be true at the beginning of a match, but i'm certain you can pick up any guns laying on the ground. Example, you are a scout with a sniper rifle, you kill and assault class, and are able to pick up his assault rifle.
Which is fine. KZ3's sniper class had the hilarity of having a shotty or AR to start, which was in part a reason for it being wildly OP.

X-Frame

that may be true at the beginning of a match, but i'm certain you can pick up any guns laying on the ground. Example, you are a scout with a sniper rifle, you kill and assault class, and are able to pick up his assault rifle.

Which is fine. KZ3's sniper class had the hilarity of having a shotty or AR to start, which was in part a reason for it being wildly OP.

I agree with Dubbed, limited in loadout weapon selection but being able to pick up anything off the ground sounds fair and fine to me.

The fact that GG is even dropping hints about 60fps, I have confidence MP will be 60fps. Devs usually don't do that if they are not confident about the framerate.

my wish:

SP-1080p/30fps with full eye candy

MP-1080p/60fps

Exciting times coming :)

The fact that GG is even dropping hints about 60fps, I have confidence MP will be 60fps. Devs usually don't do that if they are not confident about the framerate.

my wish:

MP-1080p/60fps

If they can pull that off I will be very pleased.

Buying this game at launch is such a value. FREE DLC, all weapons unlocked, and the ability to create your own server without having to pay an additional fee.

Haven't been this pumped for a game in a while.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

my wish:

MP-1080p/60fps

I'm very excited about this as well. I'm one of the people that thinks that Killzone will benefit less at 60 than other FPS would but I'm certainly not going to argue against it. 30fps with tons going on, big environments, and lots of AI in SP and 60fps MP is a perfect combination.

I'm sorry, but that respawn beacon was horribly unbalanced. People would endlessly respawn inside enemy basesand spawn points.

Yeah it was bullshit really. But it made the game great, and different at the same time. The testing they did on it, was clearly just poor or non existent.

The original spawn invincibility was a joke. How you could throw spawns at the objectives, all spawn in, be unkillable, and complete objectives...
I also have no idea how they hadn't tested those glitch spawns. Throwing spawns off the maps and spawning in random places without people knowing. The one in Tharsis right beside the objective particularly comes to mind.
Then of course they removed the spawn invincibility. And while it made more sense, and made a more tactical game, it made a lot of games (especially with randys) a mess of spawn killing.

I think in this it looks more like a BF3 spawn beacon. It certainly looked like one being used in the footage shown. I hope they make it destroyable. Maybe like 4 clips to destroy, or a couple of grenades. It'll basically go back to the KZ2 system, but instead of stupid spawn killing, it'll be spawn point killing. And the other team will be able to go back to the drawing board and find a new place for their spawn.

Really though. Whatever it is. It can't be as shit as KZ3's spawn system.

Yeah it was bullshit really. But it made the game great, and different at the same time. The testing they did on it, was clearly just poor or non existent.

The original spawn invincibility was a joke. How you could throw spawns at the objectives, all spawn in, be unkillable, and complete objectives...
I also have no idea how they hadn't tested those glitch spawns. Throwing spawns off the maps and spawning in random places without people knowing. The one in Tharsis right beside the objective particularly comes to mind.
Then of course they removed the spawn invincibility. And while it made more sense, and made a more tactical game, it made a lot of games (especially with randys) a mess of spawn killing.

I think in this it looks more like a BF3 spawn beacon. It certainly looked like one being used in the footage shown. I hope they make it destroyable. Maybe like 4 clips to destroy, or a couple of grenades. It'll basically go back to the KZ2 system, but instead of stupid spawn killing, it'll be spawn point killing. And the other team will be able to go back to the drawing board and find a new place for their spawn.

Really though. Whatever it is. It can't be as shit as KZ3's spawn system.
Agree completely. I still maintain KZ2 in its finest form was the beta settings which was: FF on, no spawn invincibility. It mad the prospect of the spawn system more methodical which you can have positions overrun and the spawn in and rocket was cut down for fear of TKing out of the server.

On retail they added in spawn invincibly and it opening the floodgates of clusterfucks galore. IIRC the glitch spaws couldn't be fixed because of how the levels were made and would require extensive rework on the map itself.

M55 does seem rad, but it doesn't seem much like the M82 in terms of functionality/feel (going on what we've seen). The fire-rate is the main difference; it's a whole lot more "spray-y", whereas the M82 had a methodical neither-fast-nor-slow chug to it. So good.

I will be mighty surprised if it doesn't feature in the game in one way or another. GG know how much the fans love it.

X-Frame

I never got to play in KZ2's beta, so I never experienced the FF ON and no invincibility.

There was a lot of things GG could have done to improve upon the spawn grenades for KZ3, and I hope that is exactly what the new ones are like in SF.

Being able to be deconstruct the spawn points by the other team, no invincibility or at least very minimal, being able to be re-deploy them before a time limit expires (if they were in a crap position), etc.

I hope KZ:SF's storyline is more thought out than the previous games's plotlines were. They seem to be putting a lot of work into developing the backstory for the universe. I hope the work on the actual game narrative is equally prodigious. The "Berlin Wall" setting has a lot of potential. I hope they fully utilize it.

I lean this way as well. There needed to be some limitations to where an SG could be placed, shit got sohectic at times...I remember trying to fight out of the locker room spawn area on Radec while the entire other team was spawning right outside our only spawn point.

strategy is cool, but being able to spawn trap is something else.

and the framerate in kz2 would get crushed in these encounters as well. And right when you thought you broke free, rocket launchers would blow up everyone :D

still psyched for this tho

What they needed to do was limit how many people could spawn on the spawn beacon and how frequently.

People could spawn one after the other on the thing and do it fpr a long time.

IT was ridiculous. They needed to limit that thing. IMO they should eliminate it altogether and replace it.

One more wish/request for KZSF. Please have some kind of online and offline co-op. A special ops coop would be great akin to KZ mercenary missions. I love the coops in BF3 and CODMW (more than their SP) and GG needs to compete with them for a complete package.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
One more wish/request for KZSF. Please have some kind of online and offline co-op. A special ops coop would be great akin to KZ mercenary missions. I love the coops in BF3 and CODMW (more than their SP) and GG needs to compete with them for a complete package.

If co-op wasn't announced alongside multiplayer at Gamescom I don't have much hope for it making it in unless it's a surprise for PAX or something.

Violater

Only if friendly fire is on.

KuGsj.gif
Ice cold

I want this game and Mercenary soooo bad. Love me some Killzone.

I was watching some Mercenary footage before; looks pretty damn great, though the MP UI is a mess.

One thing that I did take away is how great the shotgun (VC80?) from KZ2 is. I really hope there's a pump action that behaves similarly in SF.

GYNGA

I was watching some Mercenary footage before; looks pretty damn great, though the MP UI is a mess.

One thing that I did take away is how great the shotgun (VC80?) from KZ2 is. I really hope there's a pump action that behaves similarly in SF.
The great thing about KZM is that you can cutomize a lot of things, including HUD in the MP. You can turn off the things that you don't need to make the UI less crowded.

Tapejara

More multiplayer info:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...fall-ps4-multiplayer-hands-on/#comment-890463

Game Director Steven ter Heide commented that the Shadow Fall no longer uses aim assist, making it a truer test of skill. And you’ll never even notice that change, given the high responsiveness of DualShock 4’s comfortable new analog sticks.

One of Guerrilla’s stated goals for Shadow Fall is to keep the game evolving with its player base, and the user-defined Warzones seem like an ideal place to start. Future expansion packs that add new Warzone modifiers are designed to keep Killzone fans experimenting for months, and years, to come.

Tapejara

Now, are expansion packs free? Or was that just the map packs?

I wonder if Guerrilla have fooled me with clever wording.

The Blog post specifically says that DLC maps for free, so now I'm wondering if they're adopting the Starhawk model. Give away the maps for free, but have everything else as paid DLC.

ZaCH3000

This guy really knows how to make multiplayer games. Everything about SF's MP sounds incredible. The b-roll footage reminds me of KZ2. Recoil hasn't even been finalized yet either.

This guy really knows how to make multiplayer games. Everything about SF's MP sounds incredible. The b-roll footage reminds me of KZ2. Recoil hasn't even been finalized yet either.

Everything seems perfect except from that. I have faith they'll sort it out though. I miss the side-strafing, hip-firing, shot-bursting days of KZ2 and this could be the game which brings it back.

Another interesting nugget of info hidden in there:

And rather than grinding matches to earn XP, you’ll augment your equipment and upgrade your skills by completing more than 1,500 skill-based feats and challenges — everything from nailing headshots to destroying enemy shields and much, much more

So shields can be destroyed. I wonder how?

Something else: were GG holding out on us with regards to the M82??

Speaking of weapons, Shadow Fall’s arsenal is far larger and more sophisticated than I was expecting. Killzone’s iconic M82 and stA-52 assault rifles both return to active duty, but they’re joined by a host of exotic new weapons, many of which feel both futuristic and lived-in.

Top Bottom