• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

I hope they give incentives for losing teams to continue to finish a Warzone.

Game is over if it's 4-0, but it's played to 7 in a full Warzone match. Or maybe the game should end if one team gets to 4.

I hope they still have the Weekly Honors system. That was cool to see. No trophy for it though :mad:

I hope the stat tracking is deep like KZ2's MP, and I hope they have post-game statistics like in Halo. I love that about Halo.

I hope they give incentives for losing teams to continue to finish a Warzone.

Game is over if it's 4-0, but it's played to 7 in a full Warzone match. Or maybe the game should end if one team gets to 4.

They should just keep it so that if you quit, you lose all your experience you gained in the match. That should be enough incentive to keep playing on the losing team.

Ugh, I'm not sure if this is going to have dedicated servers guys. I've asked Steven twice, once about a week and now and he always answers my questions, but seemingly ignoring answering it :-/

Yea, doesn't seem like dedis are going to happen, otherwise he'd easily just "There will be dedicated servers".

W6YiUQP.png

Ugh, I'm not sure if this is going to have dedicated servers guys. I've asked Steven twice, once about a week and now and he always answers my questions, but seemingly ignoring answering it :-/

I would hope Sony wouldnt stubble over something like that when everything about this game seems perfect so far. I think KZ really has a shot of being on of the giant franchises in gaming.

Prolly dedicated "official" servers where you can gain rank and xp and then player servers for the custom games. Think like Warhawk.

I think this is likely. They also may be considering a rent-a-server model like DICE does for BF3. Could be a good way to generate extra revenue since they're giving the DLC maps away for free.

they fixed the input lag with a patch..as I said some folks were able to adjust fine, others couldn't or didn't try harder as it required more skill to get kills compared to COD and got frustrated and gave up. I think BF3 has one of the best controls being in between COD and KZ2.

No they didn't. The changed turning acceleration to resemble other shooters, but input latency was mostly unaffected. Killzone 3 cut the lag down a bit to where it was close to other 30fps games. The bump to 60fps will almost certainly get them closer to ~60ms, which is where the fastest 60fps games tend to reside. Hopefully they can match COD in input latency but still keep the heft and weight of KZ2. That would be the ideal scenario to me.

What was the situation with dedis in the last Killzones? I thought KZ2 had them, I would hope they aren't regressing going into the new generation.

What was the situation with dedis in the last Killzones? I thought KZ2 had them, I would hope they aren't regressing going into the new generation.

I think you could host your own dedicated server in KZ2. KZ3 had no server browser, dunno about dedicated servers...

Funny how Sony has changed their stance on dedicated servers since the launch of PS3

I've been asking questions too, but he never responds to me.

I don't know if my questions are too negative or if I'm just a nobody, but I keep asking about regenerative health, if non-ADS fire will be like in KZ2 (less focus on aiming down sights), whether or not the official modes will support Honor Badges (I hope not), if all classes can use the weapons (or if weapons are tied to class).

Guessing they want to take it at their own pace

I think you could host your own dedicated server in KZ2. KZ3 had no server browser, dunno about dedicated servers...

Funny how Sony has changed their stance on dedicated servers since the launch of PS3

Really hoping they have dedicated servers and server lists. They did so much right on KZ2 and so much wrong on KZ3.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yea, doesn't seem like dedis are going to happen, otherwise he'd easily just "There will be dedicated servers".

W6YiUQP.png

Well that lowered my hype to something a bit more realistic... I guess it was a bit crazy to expect dedicated servers for the game after they announced free maps.

RanoNL

I'm a Call of Duty player. I'm playing Call of Duty since part 2 on the Xbox 360. And from World at War I put more than 100 hours in each multiplayer. But since Black Ops 2 I'm done with this game. It gets worse and worse. They don't want to go back to the simple system of only 3 killstreaks. In stead they make 20+ killstreaks. And to improve the balance they add all weird and complicated stuff. Example: scavenger only allows you to pick-up a bag of ammo if you killed the player by a bullet or a knife. They don't drop a bag of ammo when they died because of an explosion. I understand what they did this. But by adding all those exceptions they are solving the result and not the cause. It feels lazy and makes the game more complicated than necessary.

It's a new generation, perfect time to look for something new. I really like the style of Killzone. The maps and weapons look beautiful and varied. Maybe I should try this game in stead of Ghosts.

I'm a Call of Duty player. I'm playing Call of Duty since part 2 on the Xbox 360. And from World at War I put more than 100 hours in each multiplayer. But since Black Ops 2 I'm done with this game. It gets worse and worse. They don't want to go back to the simple system of only 3 killstreaks. In stead they make 20+ killstreaks. And to improve the balance they add all weird and complicated stuff. Example: scavenger only allows you to pick-up a bag of ammo if you killed the player by a bullet or a knife. They don't drop a bag of ammo when they died because of an explosion. I understand what they did this. But by adding all those exceptions they are solving the result and not the cause. It feels lazy and makes the game more complicated than necessary.

It's a new generation, perfect time to look for something new. I really like the style of Killzone. The maps and weapons look beautiful and varied. Maybe I should try this game in stead of Ghosts.
I can imagine. I stopped playing ever since Black Ops too. Completely done with it. No desire whatsoever to play ghosts even.
Also, KIllzone 2 online was pretty great. Can't wait to play shadowfall.
are you kidding me? there is zero recoil. what a waste.
Not sure if you read this, but this was allready adressed by he devs. The game isn't final yet.
Edit: this answer was also allready adressed ;p

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It's probably on purpose, but I think it looks weird that the crosshairs are present before the sight is brought fully up.

Most likely early stable build for the show. Which usually is the case and why oddities exist in show floor builds vs. whats being run currently within the dev houses themselves.

Theecliff

Banned
They should just keep it so that if you quit, you lose all your experience you gained in the match. That should be enough incentive to keep playing on the losing team.
There are many reasons why you could have to quit a game so I don't think you should get punished for doing so.

rdrr gnr

Probably the base Warzone stuff and featured fan made Warzones will be on dedis but non featured custom ones will be P2P.
This is the best case scenario, but it also seems unlikely. I'm just going to go with no dedicated servers for combat.

You probably won't like Killzone.

Player health is still as low as KZ3. Why doesn't GG realize that only promotes camping and COD style play?

Disappointed in 24 max player count.

Top Bottom