• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

Player health is still as low as KZ3. Why doesn't GG realize that only promotes camping and COD style play?

Disappointed in 24 max player count.
I think the health should be low. Bullet sponge gameplay lowers tension.. I like knowing a single bullet to the dome is lights out... especially when aim-assists are not part of the equation.

mr_nothin

Banned
I think the health should be low. Bullet sponge gameplay lowers the tension.

PSH, lies
Health should be low if there's a lot/decent amount of recoil...for example, counterstrike. I love games that give the other player time to react and capitalize on another player's suckage....for example, Uncharted 2.

I think the health should be low. Bullet sponge gameplay lowers the tension.

really? For me, more health raises the tension as firefights become more dynamic rather than relying on twitch reflexes. I wish the game had Halo levels of health but I know that would turn many ppl off.

Yup. Since the sticks on the DS4 are far superior to the DS3, GG opted to take out aim assist entirely, which is one less thing they have to balance.

All the reviewers are going complain about the controls and call the game slow. Some were already saying that after gamescon. It's a bad decision.

PSH, lies
Health should be low if there's a lot/decent amount of recoil (example: counterstrike). I love games that give the other player time to react and capitalize on another player's suckage.
I do as well, don't understand what you are disagreeing with. It's been said that KZ:SF will have more recoil than what current demo's have shown. KZ2 amounts of recoil with low health = Win in my opinion.

All the reviewers are going complain about the controls and call the game slow. Some were already saying that after gamescon. It's a bad decision.

The game should be slow, Killzone has always been a slow paced shooter until 3. I wish people just wouldn't play a game that isn't to their interest instead of trying to make every game play the same.

I've seen nothing but praise for Shadow Fall so far.. I wouldn't judge them taking auto aim out of the game until we feel how responsive the new controller is.

Neh not sure that would work well at all.
why?

you could set up a warzone with realistic recoil, friendly fire, & low health
or
you could set up a warzone with low recoil, no friendly fire, & high health

you and your psn friends could play how you wanted.
people could join your warzone (or not).
over time the online community would define new, popular, ways to play.
edit: isn't that the whole point behind the MP trailer?

I thought the audio was a bit meh compared to BF3 or Bad Company 2

The audio in almost anything is meh compared to those games
KuGsj.gif

I wish this had free-for-all. Playing free-for-all on Killzone Mercenary closed beta was so fun to me. Maybe they'll add it at some point.

Totally agree.

Playing Free-For-All is a great mode if you want a quick half hour blast.

It would certainly cement me to buying a copy on day 1. I also think it would attract a lot more players.

Facism

I think the health should be low. Bullet sponge gameplay lowers tension.. I like knowing a single bullet to the dome is lights out... especially when aim-assists are not part of the equation.

Low health is shit. Even more so in p2p environments as lag removes any opportunity to react in a meaningful manner unless your opponents have the worst aim.

As for clans, resurrect GAFe and GAFa ;p

For me the problem with high health is that you can get yourself into a good position and completely get the jump on a group of - say - three people (and I don't mean camping, I mean flanking and coming up behind them) and, short of them being full on incompetent, there's really no way you can actually kill all three. A couple of bullets in their back should kill them. Having to plug one person for so long that the other two can turn around and combine fire on you just turns it into a numbers game.

KZObsessed

the clan is nothing without *NONAMESMENTIONED* pissing away our valour at 4am in the morning in 2v2 clangames.

Are you going in day 1, FFO?

lol I'm going in day one and going in dry.

ready to troll the shit out of GG.

edit: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

It just doesn't feel like Killzone, to be honest. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3? Sure. But not Killzone.

Maybe once they get the voicework complete it will feel more like the past few games, but I'm not sure even that can do it.

Killzone Mercenary seems to have inherited a little bit of this COD feel, but nowhere near as much as Shadow Fall.

Top Bottom