• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

Kinyou

The Blog post specifically says that DLC maps for free, so now I'm wondering if they're adopting the Starhawk model. Give away the maps for free, but have everything else as paid DLC.

4079450_dd69ec7f09693ocuem.jpg

Orayn

Lack of auto-aim is great to hear. Sticks will never be as good for aiming as a mouse or optical pointer, but you can still have some standards and keep players from relying on universal handicaps.

The Blog post specifically says that DLC maps for free, so now I'm wondering if they're adopting the Starhawk model. Give away the maps for free, but have everything else as paid DLC.

That's a fine model, IMO. Avoid splitting up the multiplayer community by subsidizing the map packs with stuff like skins other such doodads.

Probably mentioned before, but I really love the minute details such as the rain drop impacts on the ground, alongside rain and other particles being lit by the gun-fire and explosions.

Orayn

Probably mentioned before, but I really love the minute details such as the rain drop impacts on the ground, alongside rain and other particles being lit by the gun-fire and explosions.

Yeah, it almost seems like some PS4 games are finding themselves "under budget" on the GPU and making up the difference with lavish lighting and lots of cheap-but-pretty particle effects.

Oppo

Yeah, it almost seems like some PS4 games are finding themselves "under budget" on the GPU and making up the difference with lavish lighting and lots of cheap-but-pretty particle effects.

It's the extra 2 gigs of "Christmas RAM" they got.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So shields can be destroyed. I wonder how?
Maybe they can only take so much punishment before they go down.

I would still like to see ripples in the shield when getting struck by enemy bullets, that way you can deny the person deploying the shield from a clear view through it by shooting it.

KZ2 had excellent controls. Best FPS of the generation.

Yep controls were fine. They were just not the twitchy stick on cam controls like COD folks were used to and KZ2 had very little auto-aiming compared to COD ...hence all the complaints. Some folks were able adjust fine but others just couldn't handle it ...thats the truth

Yep controls were fine. They were just not the twitchy stick on cam controls like COD folks were used to and KZ2 had very little auto-aiming compared to COD ...hence all the complaints. Some folks were able adjust fine but others just couldn't handle it ...thats the truth

KZ2 had large amount of input lag indepedent of weighty controls (aka animation time length). The time before the animations would even play was the problem.

Yup. Since the sticks on the DS4 are far superior to the DS3, GG opted to take out aim assist entirely, which is one less thing they have to balance.

That is going to take getting adjusted to.

I hope they make the controls precise and responsive enough to make this work.

One thing I wish they would add in this game is some sortr of "Rewards" system for good play.

Not necessarily Killstreaks, but something along those lines.

KZ2 had large amount of input lag indepedent of weighty controls (aka animation time length). The time before the animations would even play was the problem.

they fixed the input lag with a patch..as I said some folks were able to adjust fine, others couldn't or didn't try harder as it required more skill to get kills compared to COD and got frustrated and gave up. I think BF3 has one of the best controls being in between COD and KZ2.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That is going to take getting adjusted to.

I hope they make the controls precise and responsive enough to make this work.

One thing I wish they would add in this game is some sortr of "Rewards" system for good play.

Not necessarily Killstreaks, but something along those lines.

They have KZ3 style perks that become active when you do certain stuff within a match, although it looks like you can only choose one at a time instead of having a whole stack of them active at once.

I played a lot of COD before KZ2. It took me a long time to become good at the game, but even when I was terrible I could tell that this was a much finer experience. Now, 600+ hours later, I can't even bother with other games in the genre.

I'm still surprised that no one else has really done it.

It's prob. 50% of the reason that made KZ2 such a time sink for me; Warzone was a brilliant idea on GG's part.

GodofWine

Looks like every other first person shooter multiplayer with a fresh coat of paint.

we'll look forward to this commentary in every fps thread this gen i suppose?

are there any competitve fps's (borderlands and destiny etc dont count) that don fit this description?

lemme guess...titanfall

sunnz

There is no such thing as crappy controls.

People are just used to one set of controls and as such think any other game that doesn't have the same controls are bad, really it's just you that is bad.

I have 0 problems going from COD to BF to KZ.

Not liking the slowness of the movement of KZ ( weight) is understandable though.

( by controls, I mean button layout)

Overboost

Mother of god. Really, really impressive stuff but I share concerns about the controls (certainly not about the controller). Hopefully there's a demo on day one.

SMZC

There is no such thing as crappy controls.

Right. So, no game in existence can ever have bad controls.

Bullshit.

Controls can be shit. Just as camera can be shit, or gameplay can be shit, or graphics can be shit. The only thing that is a matter of preference is how much you actually don't mind shitty controls, but having people not minding them doesn't change the fact: Some games do in fact have shit controls. KZ2 is one of them. I don't know about Shadow Fall (hopefully they are much better), but KZ2's were just atrocious. End of story.

What do you mean by this?

FFA, TDM, CTF, HQ, etc. all rolled up in one single mode?

That sounds brilliant if thats the case.

zones, ctf, tdm, 2x assassination and 2x search & destroy - in a random order. fantastic game mode that gives every play style plenty of coverage, but heavily influenced by weak teams, map layout, spawn points and mission order. Every fps should have some form of this mode.

God, how long is a full warzone match gonna be? You got all the returners C&H, S&D, Bodycount, Assasination, S&R for a total of 7 rounds since some the objective doubled for offense and defense plus 4 new modes which may or may not be doubled up for offense and defense. As i recall at default settings a full warzone match would last about 30 minutes. When all the settings cranked to max a warzone match was a 2+ hour gauntlet of attrition.

zones, ctf, tdm, 2x assassination and 2x search & destroy - in a random order. fantastic game mode that gives every play style plenty of coverage, but heavily influenced by weak teams, map layout, spawn points and mission order. Every fps should have some form of this mode.

Playing Warzone in Killzone 2 on Gracht/Pyrhus/Salamun was so incredibly amazing. I hope they can get that "feel" back.

Top Bottom