• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall is the best looking next gen launch game

B_Boss

Everytime I see this damned game it just gets better and better....I watched the same footage of MP today and was blown the hell away.....I mean the gatling gun metal has a 'hot glow' when used over time!! the particles, lighting effects... its sensory overload. the game is absolutely beautiful and plays like a beast.

I just put that 1gb video of the M player on my HTC ONE. Going to show my friends how hot this game looks at work tomorrow.

I can't get enough of this game and now the release date is starting to sink in with all this deliciousness.

I want some next gen Yum!

KKRT00

Its not volumetric smoke, those are normal, sprite based particles.
There only games that did somehow volumetric smoke are Stalker Clear Sky and Mafia 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WT4hsoByJU&feature=player_detailpage#t=118
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfW_b3c00kM

You can say also that LBP 2 has volumetric particles, but because its mostly in 2D plane, its more like particles with fluid dynamics.
Also some physx effect in games had volumetric fog.

--
What are you talking about? GG dedicated a large portion of there tech presentation slides on showing off there volumetric smoke tech. SF is using true volumetric smoke.
No, they dont have volumetric smoke and there is nothing in presentation about it. And if You think that this video with shadows making god-rays in smoke make it volumetric, it does not.

nOoblet16

Looks very crisp and nice, but I don't see any improvement in physics. Still has those typical canned killzone death animations I hate. The gameplay looks fun, but also nothing new. Crysis multiplayer is leagues ahead of this based on what i've seen.

KZ2/KZ3 death animations and hit detections are not canned, they are a mix of physics and mo capped animation...and that's the best we can do right now in games.

iceatcs

I've been more impressed by Ryse, to be honest.

But Shadow Fall looks great, yes. The absurd amount of lens flare contribute to that, I guess. And Shadow Fall also took the Orange/Blue rule of the video game box-art covers and put it into the game. Loads of Orange/Blue lights everywhere. the end result is, of course, very pleasing.
Just wait to play. I have played it at Gamescom. It's so broken game especially AI, physic and combat animation. Most bugging unplayable game in whole show..
I hope Ryse must delay or cancel, to save Xbox One and Crytek embarrassment.

G_Berry

Banned
oh GAF

why does every other game has to look like shit for KZSF to be the best looking... and vice versa.

Agreed. Hard core KZ "fans" remind me of (this is for you AUSGAF) Collingwood supporters.

Total bias and will go after you hard if you say anything remotely negative.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Does anyone know what AA solution is KZ:SF using now? Based on that 6 minute footage, it doesn't look like FXAA anymore.

Top Bottom