• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs original graphical effects (E3 2012/13) found in game files [PC]

Faith

From "deferredambient.inc.fx":

yGCQWdT.jpg

Lol.

It is a mod though. Do you know what 'mod' is short for? These are modifications being done to the default state of the game, even if it's a modification enabling content or functionality that exists in the game already, it's still a mod.

We all know it's a mod. The issue is his article states that the mod is "recreating" the E3 effects when it's actually re-enabling them. He missed the point with his response.

decayedmatter

Neo Member
Wow this is absolutely ridiculous, I haven't read this whole topic, but has anyone tested this mod on a ps4 equivalent AMD GPU? Does it hold up with some of the cut effects?

Herne

Just tried this on my pc, and oh my God does it look amazing. It's always played well on mine, but with a noticeable small bit of stuttering that begins when you start driving. Not with this. Buttery smooth and beautiful with it.

lmbotiva

Is it though?

gamespot has an article about it and sooner or later more sites will follow, whatever creates clicks will be posted and looking at the views this thread has you know the IGNs and polygons soon will have something up, that means they will contact UBI for comment and UBI will have to respond, like i said, cat is out of the bag

You guys do know that anyone can add comments to .fx files right? The guy who posted it on guru3D is making a joke in light of the situation. Some of you are too gullible.

Somebody should tweet that to some Ubisoft peoples and call them out. If they don't care about PC so much, why do they force uPlay on us?

edit: unless it's fake, then boo no drama.

Jexx21

Neo Member
Almost certainly from someone porting to the consoles, then the code ended up back into the PC line with the comment left.

Why don't people ever consider these things in context of possible situations? (not talking about you, quoted you because I feel like you are putting things in context)

Herne

And it's not like pc is a monster or anything. i5 2500, 12GB, Radeon 7970. Right now there are heavy clouds and rain, the rays of light coming through from the clouds illuminating the street... just stunning.

LOL. Ubisoft. Such a shitty company. People shit on EA, but Ubisoft is way worse. Online DRM, dropping to menu when net connection lost, microtransactions, bullshots, buggy games, annual milking, homogenised games designed by the numbers to please focus groups, and contempt for their customers.

It makes it so easy to boycott their games. I was interested in Valiant Hearts, but I can safely say I'll be skipping it now.

Top Bottom