• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

nin1000

Banned
First things First!

Sorry about yesterday but i was forced to talk in that annoying matter.
It was a very time consuming thing to edit every single post to look like a politician talking.
Yes, i HAD to do it, since it was something that was forced upon me on the very beginning of the day. Thankfully it is something that is random for every single day ( 50/50 ).
It looks like i can speek freely today.
Since we got this out of the day, let me try to "react" to what happened until now.

Its very unfortunate that Batsnacks died, since he looked like somebody who trusted me.

I can totally understand Gorlaks hate towards me since it looked like i was pulling another nin1000 again ( this is not the case this time ). Same goes for crab , even though i did indeed put my thoughts down pretty good in that speech.

I dont know what to think about the end of the day and i do not agree with zippeds opinion that flames "unintentional tie made him look town".

I will have a look at Day one in a minute since Mafia had no real way of communicating i would be curious to see how we all reacted to each and other. Did anyone try to avoid anyone ?

Regarding the miller claim.
I believe it.

Ourobolus

Banned
So you wanted us to spend D2 with bullshit miller talk?

Bullshit.

The only benefits to your late claim are to you. No risk of cop visit and with less risk of being policy lynched. You know D2 is more likely to have alternative lynch targets than D1.

Of course I know this. Well, obviously I hoped we would have had more info but we somehow managed to No Lynch on D1.

If I had claimed early D1, then that's all we would have talked about. If I got lynched it's a 100% chance that Town just got lynched. If someone else got lynched there's at least a chance that it's scum. (Yes, that is all from MY perspective, everyone else's will be different).

And hopefully the Cop wasn't stupid enough to check me. I'm actively putting myself forward and telling you that I would throw a red check, so my only guess is that you think either cabot put a Tanner in this game or that I'm the dumbest scum in the world.

I don't know about the first option, and it's not the second.

Give Milk the damn name, if only so he stops asking.

No, Lindsey Graham.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, nin's role is...weird.

I mean I really shouldn't be talking about weird roles, but with having two people on D1 talking like idiots it does give me pause (Fireblend, nin).

and Milk

Fireblend

Banned

I mean I really shouldn't be talking about weird roles, but with having two people on D1 talking like idiots it does give me pause (Fireblend, nin).

and Milk

I wanted to try something different :( it's exhausting though

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Initial thoughts before reading this day:

D1 has given us limited information (although not nothing). There's not usually much reason for scum to care about a tie. If they wanted to protect scum, they'd normally aim to Lynch someone else for extra benefit. I don't think that result was deliberately engineered, I think it was an accident on behalf of those voting. If anything, that makes me more inclined to think neither prospect was scum - because it implies real scum didn't care enough about the outcome to intervene.

This day shouldn't be a repeat of D1. Often, after accidental ties, I see players feel like they have to finish the job and Lynch one or the other of the two prospects. This isn't the case; we haven't learnt nothing from what happened and that might (should) lead us to new conclusions.

Reading now.

and Milk

I'm pretty sure Fireblend was just having a bit of fun in roleplaying. He dropped it towards the end of yesterday.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What can a Miller even possibly be in this context? Millers are supposed to be delinquents and such, but we're all supposed to be politicians.

Is there someone that fits the description of a delinquent politician in Britain?

Pretty easy to think of someone - Jeremy Corbyn (blamed for being Remain, actually Leave, if cabot wanted a joke). I dislike trying to rule these things out on flavour without any prior context based in said flavour.

zeemumu

You know, since batsnacks had that ability, I wonder why he didn't use it. He must know that a tie on the first day puts town at a disadvantage, and revealing himself right there would've confirmed him being town and give the doctor a clear target to save.

I imagine revealing yourself as the prime minister puts a big target on your head for any scum with a kill ability so you might want to hang onto it until you need to reveal it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I do think I need Ouro's role name. Ouro's reason for not providing it is so he can possibly counterclaim someone later on. I don't think there's much value in that, since if someone does counterclaim later on, there's no reason we'll necessarily believe Ouro anyway. It's more advantageous we find out now, because we need to do something about the Miller situation; and, if Ouro claims and we do get a counterclaim, we got one sooner rather than later which means if we make the wrong decision it's (hopefully) not game-ending.

VOTE: Ourobolus

This vote will remain here until I find out.

Ourobolus

Banned
Okay, I do think I need Ouro's role name. Ouro's reason for not providing it is so he can possibly counterclaim someone later on. I don't think there's much value in that, since if someone does counterclaim later on, there's no reason we'll necessarily believe Ouro anyway. It's more advantageous we find out now, because we need to do something about the Miller situation; and, if Ouro claims and we do get a counterclaim, we got one sooner rather than later which means if we make the wrong decision it's (hopefully) not game-ending.

VOTE: Ourobolus

This vote will remain here until I find out.
See? Now this is a reasonable argument for wanting to know my role name. That's what I like to see.

I'm your best buddy Nigel Farage.

No I have zero idea how that fits in with the concept of a Miller.

And part of me holding on to it was wanting to hear what the fuck nin is

CCS

Banned
See? Now this is a reasonable argument for wanting to know my role name. That's what I like to see.

I'm your best buddy Nigel Farage.

No I have zero idea how that fits in with the concept of a Miller.

And part of me holding on to it was wanting to hear what the fuck nin is

You're right, that makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Kawl_USC

If I was a GF why would I actively not want to be investigated

Easy, reverse psychology. You know exactly how gafia works!

Before we go further down this role, question for any who played in pop mafia. How did flavor correlate with roles in pop mafia? I know they were pretty intertwined in barfia but that was more my doing than Cabot. I mean the action of roles specifically not just whether someone was town or scum.

Fireblend

Banned

Before we go further down this role, question for any who played in pop mafia. How did flavor correlate with roles in pop mafia? I know they were pretty intertwined in barfia but that was more my doing than Cabot. I mean the action of roles specifically not just whether someone was town or scum.

I'd rather spend all day discussing the miller claim I believe than flavor significance. Can we not do this?

nin1000

Banned

You want ouro dead ?

Kawl_USC

I'd rather spend all day discussing the miller claim I believe than flavor significance. Can we not do this?

The rabble demanded the name, I want to get an answer on whether the past indicates if it's a worthwhile data point or not.

Also, news flash, we actually don't have to spend the whole day just discussing either of those two low hanging fruit.

But then again this is gafia...

Kawl_USC

You want ouro dead ?
No, not particularly at the moment. I don't think a potential Miller is super deadly especially early in the game. But that doesn't mean I'm not open to the argument of his role power and role name showing signs of being a mismatch/lie if cabots previous games show a high degree of linkage.

No point in ignoring data.

Fireblend

Banned
The one in the quote, where Flame is worried it will look like you two were working together.

Oh. Yeah, I can see how that looks odd. Not much that I can add.

Crab, I understand the idea behind your comment on people getting stuck after accidental ties feeling like they have to see the lynch through, but in this case I feel like from my perspective I was on the right track with Flame. I did screw up by not conceding that my other suspects wouldn't be lynched way earlier - Arkham days finished like 2 hours later and I thought I had more tiem, but I both didn't think either Milk or CCS (I think was the other candidate) were scum (though I'm less sure about CCS) and the way the Flame train picked up would have given us decent reads for today. Flame voting at the last minute can be justified in many ways but still gives me a bonus bad feeling.

Fireblend

Banned
The rabble demanded the name, I want to get an answer on whether the past indicates if it's a worthwhile data point or not.

Also, news flash, we actually don't have to spend the whole day just discussing either of those two low hanging fruit.

But then again this is gafia...

Beyond whether the name belongs to someone noteworthy for being part of the stay or leave campaign, I don't think measuring flavor relevance between names and roles/commands has ever been a good idea. And I've played this game enough to know it can be the start of a very useless, shitty thing.

Both of those topics seem like dead-ends to me, really. Flavor is flavor and I'm not sure what else Ouro has to tell us.

I wanna explore the relationship between Flame_AC and Spoiled Milk. Based on how yesterday's vote panned out, I don't think it's possible that both of them are scum. Due to not being able to communicate throughout all of Day 1, there was no way to determine if one is more important to the scum team than the other.

Now they undoubtedly have that information and are able to coordinate better, but we also need to remember that they still can't communicate throughout the Day Phase. I'm not sure what they are planning, but if we can determine what they intend to do throughout today and future Day Phases, we can disrupt them and draw them out easier.

One more thing: Spoiled Milk was definitely aware of how close he was to getting lynched (his last post during yesterday was made when he was leading in votes), yet he made no effort to save himself.

I'd think that scum would kick into self-preservation mode if they faced a situation like that, especially since if Spoiled Milk was scum he'd have no way to directly ask for help from anyone.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm offended that people think I wouldn't do a modicum of research if I'm going to fake claim someone I know nothing about

cabot

hatred of cabot.

giphy.gif

Fireblend

Banned
Vote: Kawl_USC

Perfect plan for scum: Milk suspects Ouro and is great at getting attention. Let's give him another angle that sucks but he'll latch onto anyway and derail the conversation for the day.

Ourobolus

Banned
I, for one, am super excited for yet another GAFIA game where people waste a day or two sitting around discussing fluff that has no bearing on the actual game.

Kawl_USC

Since none of you chumps would answer my question, from doing my homework, pop seems to be pretty scattershot between role names and role powers, so ouros name doesn't strike me as damning his claim.

Plus despite the ribbing ouro isn't a moron. Well most not a moron.

Ourobolus

Banned
Since none of you chumps would answer my question, from doing my homework, pop seems to be pretty scattershot between role names and role powers, so ouros name doesn't strike me as damning his claim.

Plus despite the ribbing ouro isn't a moron. Well most not a moron.

zaIN9Qv.png

nin1000

Banned
No point in ignoring data.

I agree, we should not.

For now my attention will go towards these players here.

backslashbunny aswell as Zeemumu who had no real lasting impressions and were flying under the radar on day one.

I would love to hear from gorlak since even though he was agressive towards me he pushed the game towards and asked some really good questions. Paging gorlak

Kawl_USC

Vote: Kawl_USC

Perfect plan for scum: Milk suspects Ouro and is great at getting attention. Let's give him another angle that sucks but he'll latch onto anyway and derail the conversation for the day.
Hey bud, designers have patterns just like players do. By looking at cabots old games we can actually pretty objectively decide if he generally does or does not match the carpet to the drapes and have a good data point to use. The evidence points towards names not always matching up with roles. So ouros role name not making sense isn't proof that he's lying. Of course, it also isn't proof that he's NOT lying, so in the end it's not worth much.

But it could have been. And that's what's important.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey bud, designers have patterns just like players do. By looking at cabots old games we can actually pretty objectively decide if he generally does or does not match the carpet to the drapes and have a good data point to use. The evidence points towards names not always matching up with roles. So ouros role name not making sense isn't proof that he's lying. Of course, it also isn't proof that he's NOT lying, so in the end it's not worth much.

But it could have been. And that's what's important.
I disagree completely with this line of thinking, so much so that I really do believe it was an attempt to either seem like you were contributing, or best case scenario (for scum) bait us into a discussion about role name relevance.

We don't even have any other data points to compare how his role is supposed to fit with his flavor in this game, and you think it might be a good idea to check at cabot's other games for that? What? No.

Top Bottom