• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

Fireblend

Banned
And I don't think it's a good line of reasoning to clear him either. Like, if that's why you believe he might be telling the truth that's also some pretty shitty logic.

let's talk about crab. I think we should lynch him. Might not have been super clear yesterday on that point.

Ourobolus

Banned
Polter: Wouldn't oppose lynch
CCS: Wait and see
Crab/Spinter: Did they fuse or something?

I feel like one of the two, but not both, might be scum. It's a gut feeling at this point, I'm still going back through their posts. Crab mostly because he was completely non-existent on D1 and suddenly wants to play today, Splinter because he seems to be more bullheaded than usual.

I, for one, am super excited for yet another GAFIA game where people waste a day or two sitting around discussing fluff that has no bearing on the actual game.
I've read at least one mafia game a season since Season 2 and I'm convinced there's no such thing as a real strategy. Nothing works. It's pseudoscience. Just stare into the void and resign yourself to the chaos.

I, for one, am super excited for yet another GAFIA game where people waste a day or two sitting around discussing fluff that has no bearing on the actual game.

I seriously thought this game would be indecipherable from a fluff perspective, part of the appeal. No way scum could come in and use the fluff to fake a scum role name as a town role name (*cough*bat-mite).

CAN WE SERIOUSLY TALK ABOUT POLTER OR ZEEMUMU OR CCS OR CRAB/SPLINTER

Yes, splinter is not gunning for my immediate execution and lynching. He still thinks I'm scummy but he thinks most everyone is scummy.

What changed splinter?

Crab- seems helpful. Reserving judgement
Ouro- either incredibly helpful town or throwing the most mud in the towns water I have ever seen scum
Fireblend- town, gut feeling just town read

nin1000

Banned
Crab mostly because he was completely non-existent on D1 and suddenly wants to play today

I do not agree that he was non-existent on day 1. I agree that he was not the top poster that day in comparison to you but he did call me out on the way I was posting aswell as some other good thoughts on the day, so no. He was existent, just not the way you wanted it to be.

Splinter because he seems to be more bullheaded than usual.

Can you give an example?

Kalor

CAN WE SERIOUSLY TALK ABOUT POLTER OR ZEEMUMU OR CCS OR CRAB/SPLINTER

The people there I could see lynched is Polter and maybe Crab. I voted for Zeemumu yesterday but I can't get a good enough read on them today. The other two (CCS and Splinter) feel like town to me. Polter's random vote yesterday rubbed me the wrong way. The reasoning behind it is understandable but it's a easy way to vote and not get any criticism for who you voted for. Crab feels like he was barely here yesterday then is suddenly ready to play today.

Ourobolus

Banned
I do not agree that he was non-existent on day 1. I agree that he was not the top poster that day in comparison to you but he did call me out on the way I was posting aswell as some other good thoughts on the day, so no. He was existent, just not the way you wanted it to be.

This is factually incorrect, nin. His one post that had any substance was just picking you out of the hat as one of the relatively inactive players that was just posting fluff. That is it.

Can you give an example?

This post stood out to me. If he has is entertaining the fact that I am a Miller, he should know that the timing of my claim makes sense.

So you wanted us to spend D2 with bullshit miller talk?

Bullshit.

The only benefits to your late claim are to you. No risk of cop visit and with less risk of being policy lynched. You know D2 is more likely to have alternative lynch targets than D1.

Give Milk the damn name, if only so he stops asking.

I've read at least one mafia game a season since Season 2 and I'm convinced there's no such thing as a real strategy. Nothing works. It's pseudoscience. Just stare into the void and resign yourself to the chaos.

Can we please not have chaos after Day 1? It's so easy for scum to take advantage of that.

The people there I could see lynched is Polter and maybe Crab. I voted for Zeemumu yesterday but I can't get a good enough read on them today. The other two (CCS and Splinter) feel like town to me. Polter's random vote yesterday rubbed me the wrong way. The reasoning behind it is understandable but it's a easy way to vote and not get any criticism for who you voted for. Crab feels like he was barely here yesterday then is suddenly ready to play today.

?

I got a ton of criticism for that. I just decided to ignore it.

Ourobolus

Banned
Vote: nin1000

Thinking about it, having both a Miller AND a townie with some dumbass post restriction sounds a little rough for town.

Kalor

?

I got a ton of criticism for that. I just decided to ignore it.

That was a bad way of wording it. More like it could have potentially given you a way to hide behind your vote since it was random. It didn't turn out that way but when you voted you didn't know how it would turn out.

That was a bad way of wording it. More like it could have potentially given you a way to hide behind your vote since it was random. It didn't turn out that way but when you voted you didn't know how it would turn out.

Um, no. I fully expected to get blasted for that. I just didn't care.

I guess I didn't talk about poltergust, zeemumu or CCS.

It's because I am not getting scum or town vibes from zeemumu or CCS. My thoughts on polter haven't changed from yesterday.

Fireblend

Banned
You know, it took me a good five minutes to realize what that strategy is based on, and I'd agree with you in principle.

It would be a good idea for scum to have a couple people lying low, watching the chaos, with no real incentive to draw attention to themselves.

However, I think you should consider extenuating circumstances. First, in my defense, I'm new and bloody confused (which probably makes me susceptible to being easily misled), and second the game actually started when I was trapped
IRL in a national park with no reception
all night in Buckingham Palace pulling on a door I should have pushed.

That being said, I'm not quite ready to hang up my feelings on zeemumu because I'd like a response from him.

The only real way to respond to a "coasting" accusation is doing the opposite of that. Getting caught up with the accusation and discussing it leads nowhere and may seem as scummy since it's posting without actually saying anything of value. Not that there's anything wrong with what you posted, just recommending you to be open with your thoughts on others and the game regularly as it's something that scum always either avoids or is real careful with doing. No need to continually discuss a bad D1 showing.

Also laying low isn't just a good strategy for scum, it's 99% of gafia scum meta right now lol

zeemumu

I will start

VOTE: zeemumu

Lets hear some more from you.
Thoughts about the other players so far ?

Ouro is loud but he's always loud so I can't gauge anything from that but that seems to be garnering votes for him and I can only assume that most of them are because people are getting frustrated.

My thoughts on milk haven't really changed but I need to go back and read more.

You and splinter seem even more buddy buddy with an attempt to remain indirect so I'm doubling down on the belief that you're the same alignment and ouro is the opposite. I think you missed that conversation because you never replied.

Polter is only half right that milk made no attempt to save himself. He redirected to our, who at the time also had a decent number of votes, but did so blatantly knowing that we'd catch on and suspecting him of being scum was the easiest claim but too easy for the seasoned players which would point to reckless town and throw the mafia off his trail a bit, so he's take it one step forward and actually behave like a poorly veiled scum while being scum. You could keep going back and forth on this but no one ever goes past two reversals. There's no point.

That's it so far

So we have two PASSIVE town-aligned roles that are negative utility?

I'm...not buying it.

You're one to talk. ._.

That said, I agree. Especially since we have a smaller player base than usual. The only way this makes sense is that the positive town roles are extremely buffed to compensate.

I can't possibly believe that we have two negative utility townies, I'm also going to assume (since it was in the game opening) there are at least 1 hopeless MP role.

So that's 3 townies that essentially can just vote, one that can't post, one that shows up scum and someone who can only vote.

I don't buy it. Ouro and nin convince me why I should vote for the other, because I think one of you is lying.

Ourobolus

Banned
I can't possibly believe that we have two negative utility townies, I'm also going to assume (since it was in the game opening) there are at least 1 hopeless MP role.

So that's 3 townies that essentially can just vote, one that can't post, one that shows up scum and someone who can only vote.

I don't buy it. Ouro and nin convince me why I should vote for the other, because I think one of you is lying.

Uh, pretty sure Hopeless PM is just the vanilla role, Zipped. [insert quizzical look in Zipped's directon]

And I don't know what nin actually is, but I've been entirely truthful. I know that doesn't amount to much, but it's what I've got and I'm actively trying to find scum.

The Hopeless MP is the ordinary townie role, so there are definitely more than one of those.

nin1000

Banned

I can't convince you. It's a dumb role that I will have go live with for the duration of this game. I will make the most out of it by participating as long as you guys can take me.
My time will come for sure and I don't want to prolong it by lying to you guys.

If I had to choose between Ouro or nin I would choose nin just to stop him from entering "Politician Mode". I'm not sure I can take more than one day of that. >_>

I think the real question we should be asking is, how do we hurt Cabot more?

To destroy cabot once and for all we need Brexit to win. It's the only way.

The Hopeless MP is the ordinary townie role, so there are definitely more than one of those.

99% of the time that's true, but last game I was in we only had 1. It's really thrown me for a loop. Shaken my whole belief system in GAFia.

Ordinaries aren't negative utility but they aren't exactly the best townie roles out there. Like I said at least 3 people that can only vote. Normal games that's not crazy but when two of them could actually hurt town it begs the question about just how stilted these roles are.

Watch this and the jokes on us, we are all town and serial killers and there are no "scum". Just a bunch of us trying to find an SK that is the only night time killer...

nin1000

Banned
If I had to choose between Ouro or nin I would choose nin just to stop him from entering "Politician Mode". I'm not sure I can take more than one day of that. >_>

To destroy cabot once and for all we need Brexit to win. It's the only way.

You can chose to vote for yourself, since you were one of the candidates of day one.

I love how gafia keeps ignoring day one. It's one of the most essential days, yet today we moved on and try to ignore everything that happened that day.

Just my 2c

Ourobolus

Banned
99% of the time that's true, but last game I was in we only had 1. It's really thrown me for a loop. Shaken my whole belief system in GAFia.

Ordinaries aren't negative utility but they aren't exactly the best townie roles out there. Like I said at least 3 people that can only vote. Normal games that's not crazy but when two of them could actually hurt town it begs the question about just how stilted these roles are.

Watch this and the jokes on us, we are all town and serial killers and there are no "scum". Just a bunch of us trying to find an SK that is the only night time killer...

I don't think this was advertised as "role madness," so I'm not expecting there to be only one vanilla or anything small like that.

Ordinary roles are still important

You can chose to vote for yourself, since you were one of the candidates of day one.

I love how gafia keeps ignoring day one. It's one of the most essential days, yet today we moved on and try to ignore everything that happened that day.

Just my 2c

You say that, but I never had more than one vote on me that entire day. Does that really qualify me as a lynch candidate?

I do agree that we should all do a once-over of Day 1 and point out anything that looks peculiar. I sorta forgot why batsnacks became so sure that Kawl_USC was scum. Did he ever explain why?

Also, if I'm correct, you're saying you think Polter is town, just trying to prevent himself from looking like scum by actual scum?

Um... what?

CCS

Banned
Let's run through the mechanics:

This is not a role madness game. Town likely therefore only has a few useful PRs.

We have a claimed Miller and claimed death-penalised post restrictor.

I agree with the people above that these probably don't add up. There's no reason at all for nin to falsely claim as scum, because it doesn't really help him at all. Ouro, on the other hand, gets out of being cop checked by claiming. If I'm only going to buy one, I buy Nin's.

Vote: Ourobolus

Top Bottom