• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

zeemumu

Huh, now I think you're either town or neutral so okay.

Also, if I'm correct, you're saying you think Polter is town, just trying to prevent himself from looking like scum by actual scum?

Nah, I'm saying milk might've been try to prevent himself from looking like scum by pulling stuff that would make it seem too obvious that someone was scum. If polter is scum then he's in on it but that's yet to be decided.

zeemumu

I can't convince you. It's a dumb role that I will have go live with for the duration of this game. I will make the most out of it by participating as long as you guys can take me.
My time will come for sure and I don't want to prolong it by lying to you guys.

You say that like the role is something designed to make us get you out of annoyance but isn't actually scum. Does it have any benefits or is it a "every 3 posts flail around like a drunken madman" situation? Blink once for yes and twice for no.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe nin's claim.

VOTE: nin1000

This isn't the same as saying I believe Ouro's, I just find nin's roleclaim implausible. What would it meaningfully add to the game to have a role that exists as nin claims his does?

Fireblend

Banned
I agree that between nin and ouro's, nin's claim is the iffiest by far. That's where I'd vote if that's what this day comes down to, though I'm not convinced that's what should happen. If they both are negative utility roles for real we're gonna almost assuredly waste 2 day phases in a row lynching them. Though then again I have no idea how we'd avoid that short of a cop checking them and announcing their results which would almost be a waste of a cop :p

I don't believe nin's claim.

This isn't the same as saying I believe Ouro's, I just find nin's roleclaim implausible. What would it meaningfully add to the game to have a role that exists as nin claims his does?

I feel like whether a role provides value to a game or not is a weird argument to make when we don't have a decent picture of the game yet.

*Splinter

Nin this is nonsense. Yesterday you said "don't kill me I'm special" as if you had some kind of useful PR. Today you claim your role is only a negative.

It doesn't make sense as a role either. What could the role PM even say? "Act like a politician"? And a 50/50... Just what.

Also, major MAJOR side eye at anyone trying to frame this as Ouro Vs nin. They're both dodgy claims but apart from that they're totally unrelated.

*Splinter

I think that it's because the possibility of both of them telling the truth seems relatively low.
Sure, but not because they are actually related. It's a dangerous idea because it carries the implication that exactly one is telling the truth and one is lying.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sure, but not because they are actually related. It's a dangerous idea because it carries the implication that exactly one is telling the truth and one is lying.

I don't necessarily see us as related, but there is something to say about the possibility of two passive negative-utility roles on the town side. I'm not saying it's not possible, it's just kind of ridiculous if it is.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm not sure I played enough games (if any) with a miller to know the best usual strategy to deal with this known unknown. But in my American opinion, the ideal scenario may have been for you to claim instantly and then ultimately voted out in Day 1. Yeah it would've been a bummer because Ouro is not terrible unlike cabot, but this is an issue I'd rather throw in the volcano.

Considering we didn't actually kill anyone during Day 1, I'd support your death on Day 2.

vote: Ourobolus

That's my vote for now, unless I change my mind later after some dank reads. Which should be baked ready either tonight or tomorrow night.

Also, go Lebron. Go Cavs.

I do wonder what hole kingkitty slunk off to, as well.

Fireblend

Banned
What's the turbo number? 8? 9?
Nin this is nonsense. Yesterday you said "don't kill me I'm special" as if you had some kind of useful PR. Today you claim your role is only a negative.
This is a great point. Nin can say he was trying to bait mafia into killing him but that's nonsense, he might as well have baited a doctor as well.

kingkitty

I'm in my hole slowly typing dank reads, watching I ALMOST GOT AWAY WITH IT marathon, while eating a sandwich.

but while I'm here.

spoiled milk, does it make sense to say "I have an uneasiness lynching nin" and still keep your vote to lynching nin?

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

nin1000 (4)
Ourobolus 675
Spoiled Milk 679
Crab 715
*Splinter 717

Ourobolus (2)
Spoiled Milk 533 574
kingkitty 562
Spoiled Milk 575 652
Crab 622 715
CCS 710

Spoiled Milk (1)
Zippedpinhead 524

zeemumu (1)
nin1000 663

Kawl_USC (1)
Fireblend 651

Flame_AC (0): *Splinter 528 717, Fireblend 536 651, Ourobolus 561 587, Spoiled Milk 574 575

Poltergust (0): Ourobolus 537 561, Ourobolus 587 675

No active vote for Day 2: backslashbunny, Flame_AC, Gorlak, Kalor, Kawl_USC, Poltergust, zeemumu

Day 2 Postcount: *Splinter 19, backslashbunny 8, CCS 5, Crab 6, Fireblend 21, Flame_AC 4, Gorlak 0, Kalor 6, Kawl_USC 9, kingkitty 3, nin1000 10, Ourobolus 61, Poltergust 26, Spoiled Milk 18, zeemumu 4, Zippedpinhead 9

Day 2 ends:
gre_1496610000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

kingkitty

lean ok:
splinter - Relatively contributive, hasn't made my soup hot with suspicion yet. I guess Bat's death also made me feel slightly better about splinter. Considering the whole batsplits insinuation by Ouro, perhaps scum decided to pursue this suspicion themselves. Or maybe that's what scum wants you to think. But for now it makes me feel a little better.

crab - In this day phase, I find myself agreeing a lot with what crab is cooking. And I at least understand where he's coming from in his opinions in Day 1. Maybe he gave off a bit of a flippant vibe early on in Day 1, but he hasn't really done anything yet to make my burger hot with suspicion. I feel ok about him, for now.

fireblend - But only really if Nin is scum. Because I don't think scum is that bold to have two (out of a possible 3 or 4) of their players do this politician type goobly glob roleplay. Although it doesn't discount the possibility that fireblend is a neutral who decided to do goobly glob roleplay.

lean slightly ok for now:
spoiled milk - Considering it was Day 1, I thought it was worthwhile to "trust, but verify" spoiled milk's hints and wink winks. Bold scumlord doing his thing while rest of scum can't talk him off the ledge because of the no Day chat rule? Bold townie being very bold and boldly bold? Could we truly confirm crab? Who is Michael Gove? But at the end of the Day 1 phase, the whole crab thing didn't amount to anything worthwhile, at least according to milk's explanation. And then he didn't seem to put much of a fight against his demise. Of course it might just be the reality that he was moving that day, which can affect scum and non-scum alike, but even then I'd feel like scum would at least give it a slightly better try to stop their lynch. Especially after a huge gambit. I don't feel the urge to kill milk at the moment.

lean neutral:
zeezeemuu - Started off Day 1 not making real posts, but ended the phase making some real non-joke phase posts, even if one of those posts was mistaking me for a new player. It's not hard for scum to pull but at the moment I feel the urge to not throw zee into the volcano.

lean feel super empty towards and by gut feeling there's probably at least one scum in there (will try to give at least some of this batch a stronger read by tomorrow night):
backslashbunny
CCS
kalor
flame_ac
and whoever else I didn't list

lean slightly not ok:
Poltergust - At least from my skimming, Polter did a fair share of game mechanics talk, quoting of mafia wiki, and using some random number generator to pick an lynch inactive target. It all sort of rang my scum bells. Easy stuff for scum to do while looking like they're doing helpful things. Of course, this could just be things Poltergust likes to do naturally, scum or not scum. But it's still something that slightly heats my burger of suspicion.

lean NOT OK:
nin - What a terrible role and yet a part of my brain says "It's cabot's game". But it does seem a bit terrible that town (supposedly) gets a miller AND a player whose existence is to distract the town with roleplaying (or risk death). If Ouro flips scum, I might feel better moving nin to at least lean neutral.

Ouro - I think the best strategy to deal with a miller claim is to skin the miller alive as soon as possible.

Fireblend

Banned
Just so this is written somewhere unambiguously, mine was some silly role playing that I couldn't even keep up for the first day, motivated by boredom more than anything. Don't read into that, I feel like I've said enough so far that if you're basing your read of me off of that, you're doing it wrong.

nin1000

Banned
You say that, but I never had more than one vote on me that entire day. Does that really qualify me as a lynch candidate?

Well, I wanted to say no, of course not but then again Everyone qualifies as lynch candidate. I wanted to leave every option open. Since gafia is known to ignore everything and everyone and for lynching the wrong People. I dont want this to happen ( even though I feel like this will do lol )

nin1000

Banned
You say that like the role is something designed to make us get you out of annoyance but isn't actually scum. Does it have any benefits or is it a "every 3 posts flail around like a drunken madman" situation? Blink once for yes and twice for no.

Can you give me your thoughts on other players please ?

Flame_AC

Sorry. I wasn't expecting to be away from this for 20 hrs straight.

In catching up, I know the wave of suspicion is currently off of me, but on my comment about me/Fireblend looking teamy when I voted Poltergust:

It was just a cheeky comment made in passing as I started my post just after Fireblend's vote. Ideally, my vote would have followed immediately but Fireblend changed directions almost immediately and so it came off kind of weird as my vote followed this change.

nin1000

Banned
lean NOT OK:
nin - What a terrible role and yet a part of my brain says "It's cabot's game". But it does seem a bit terrible that town (supposedly) gets a miller AND a player whose existence is to distract the town with roleplaying (or risk death). If Ouro flips scum, I might feel better moving nin to at least lean neutral.

Ok ok ok ok.
I will have go come clean after all since this took of in ways I never anticipated. Lol.
It was a not so great and not so thought out claim I did in order to please my inner self.
I seemed a way to prolong this stick I made up on day one.
Like Rick James would say.
I was having too much fun.
I want to come clean now in order to move on and try to actually get some scum, since I for now trust ouro to be the miller he claims to be. It would be an easy thing to lynch me off today but it would be a wasted one.
I know there is a strong argument against me that if you kill me you all can move on and play the game it was intended to be but it would be a loss since I am here to play lol.
Let me finish with this

nin1000

Banned
I will be away for the upcoming hours.
Another wedding to attend.
Feel free to ask me questions or move on.
But don't turbo

CCS

Banned
Oh for God's sake. So tempted to lynch nin out of sheer frustration.

But since that's not productive, let's look elsewhere.

For starters, I know buy Ouro's Miller claim:

UNVOTE

Ouro, who are your top town?

I'm still not entirely convinced Spoiled Milk isn't scum, but probably not helpful if I kept tunneling. I'm willing to overlook BSB not having a vote down at ens of the day yesterday as they were completely inactive all say, but Zipped, why no vote?

I also do suspect that Kalor may have been scum trying to look pro-town by breaking the tie in a town/town lynch, but I'd want more evidence of the alignments of Spoiled Milk abs Flame before going too far down that road.

Kalor

Vote: Crab

Looking through his posts something is bothering me and I can't put my finger on what it is exactly. Both votes for nin boiled down to him not seeing nin as useful for the game. I could understand that reasoning on Day 1 but we shouldn't be lynching someone on Day 2 just because their role isn't useful, especially after the tie yesterday.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still quite happy lynching nin and don't fancy moving my vote. Worst case scenario: he's a town player that hinders more than helps, best case scenario: he's scum. Balance of probabilities it's the best lynch available to us right now.

kingkitty

Just so this is written somewhere unambiguously, mine was some silly role playing that I couldn't even keep up for the first day, motivated by boredom more than anything. Don't read into that, I feel like I've said enough so far that if you're basing your read of me off of that, you're doing it wrong.

I think you misunderstand, I'm saying it feels unlikely two scum would try to do the same type of politician roleplaying (and seemingly only the two out 17 players). Of course the difference is nin's excuse is that he's role bound, and your excuse is that you were bored. But that's not really the point.

But now Nin's excuse is boredom as well LOL.

LOL

L
O
L

LOL...

Don't liars get lynched? I thought that was standard procedure?

Nin makes a case to keep himself but I still don't understand the gambit at all.

zeemumu

I don't know. I'm getting a little annoyed that Nin's case against me seems to be because he's just been ignoring my posts.

Fireblend

Banned
I agree Nin's got to go, unfortunately. How can anyone "not anticipate" the consequences of faking a roleclaim as a townie?

Shame on you for delaying us a whole day-night phase if you're townie =/

Also
Can you (or anyone) describe to me what it is crab's "cooking"? What day 1 opinions? It's like I'm reading someone else's posts here. (This is clearly not the day for lynching crab, but unless we're turboing Nin now I'm just gonna ignore him until it's time to vote)

kingkitty

Can you (or anyone) describe to me what it is crab's "cooking"? What day 1 opinions? It's like I'm reading someone else's posts here. (This is clearly not the day for lynching crab, but unless we're turboing Nin now I'm just gonna ignore him until it's time to vote)

Not sure how to read this, are you saying you didn't think Crab had an opinion in Day 1?

Fireblend

Banned
Not sure how to read this, are you saying you didn't think Crab had an opinion in Day 1?

I don't feel like he's done much of anything other than being flippant and sharing opinions that feel like statements without opening for discussion. It almost feels like he's talking to himself.

kingkitty

I don't feel like he's done much of anything other than being flippant and sharing opinions that feel like statements without opening for discussion. It almost feels like he's talking to himself.

I agree on the flippant, can't say I agree on the "opinions that feel like statements". Feels like a slight stretch. He made some (in retrospect) good points about the uselessness of the Milk lynch (which I'm leaning towards Milk indeed being more town than non-scum today, despite my earlier verify stance of Day 1). And then picking Nin for the kill, which we now see today was a streets ahead idea. The only time it seemed like he was talking to himself on Day 1 was the "idgaf about Michael Gove" thing. And even then it wasn't that out of the blue. My initial lean-ok feel might change in the future if I start feeling like crab's cooking is getting the wrong seasoning, but for now I feel fine putting him in the lean OK pile.

Anyways,

We kill the miller now while the burger is fresh, and not kill the miller when we're in mylo.

Flame_AC

While I do think it is unlikely there would be two types of these roles, I feel like nin probably just made it up and is actually just a vanilla townie trying to have a lil fun and maybe draw a night kill away from more valuable targets. Not really seeming scummy to me.

While I do think it is unlikely there would be two types of these roles, I feel like nin probably just made it up and is actually just a vanilla townie trying to have a lil fun and maybe draw a night kill away from more valuable targets. Not really seeming scummy to me.

But why? Why gambit on day 2? It's the kind of thing you breadcrumb and then play on day 4.

It's just off. The whole game seems off. Like scum is actively trying to make us tie

Flame_AC

I mean Nin is more experienced than an explanation of 'facing pressure and so gave up the jig'. If Nin is really playing the way I theorized, then it makes more sense to be up front about having a role out there for scum to potentially target instead of them shooting 'blindly' at other roles.

Kalor

The problem with the idea of Nin wanting to draw a night kill is that he was getting suspicion from town by doing it. Scum would have no reason to target him while people were suspecting him. They would just wait and hope that he gets lynched eventually.

Ugh, if nin turns out to be town then he and Dusk Soldier should totally be BFFs.

STOP
LYING
TO
TOWN
IF
YOU
ARE
TOWN

The problem with the idea of Nin wanting to draw a night kill is that he was getting suspicion from town by doing it. Scum would have no reason to target him while people were suspecting him. They would just wait and hope that he gets lynched eventually.
Furthermore, his supposed role did nothing to benefit town. Why would scum target someone who would be useless half the time?

Top Bottom