• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season 3 - Running for president and busting her lady balls - Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"In your country, people fuck snow"

WTF lmao

There really isn't anything else to say other than that HBO has the funniest 1.5 hours I've seen in ages.

Silicon Valley is probably HBO's least humorous half hour ever, but I agree that they have a pretty strong hour of comedy on Sunday nights.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Man Meloni through this show and SJ has shown that he is a great comedic actor. I hope we see more of him in this role.
SJ?

1822479_o.gif
:?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Another great episode, this show is still on such a good streak. The scripts and line deliveries are top notch.

JDSN

Banned
Selina was totally jelaous of her daughter, Amy's expressions are gettin increasibly absurd, I hope we get more of Maddox and Chung as the campaign intrnsifies.

Theres gonna be a debate episode, yeah?

New episode tonight:
Special Relationship

Selina's staff worries about Ray's influence over her; Dan's nerves begin to fray; Jonah arrives in London to spy for Team Maddox.
Tonight is episode 7 of 10 from this season. Note that Veep and the rest of the HBO lineup is off next weekend for the Memorial Day holiday.

New episode tonight:Tonight is episode 7 of 10 from this season. Note that Veep and the rest of the HBO lineup is off next weekend for the Memorial Day holiday.

I'll add quick programming note that the episode runs an extra 5 minutes tonight (actual runtime listed at 33 minutes). Just an FYI for people's schedules, DVR schedules, etc

BigAT

"I can't believe Ray tried to edit my speech. I feel like Shakespeare when that monkey tried to make fun of him."

oOEGssx.gif

TTG

I thought Jonah was somehow going to blunder into exposing Amy there, but I guess that's one for another day. Great episode, I don't know why I was laughing for like a minute straight at that stupid hat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why have I never heard of this? The cast in the OP looks amazing o_O

Dany

Banned
"I need to be driven to the hospital at Diana-speed..only but safer".

Fucking christ, that line is vicious.

Mr. F

Banned
Everyone got completely shit on this episode. It was amazing. I love how defeated Selina sounded as the ep went on; the realization why Ray was hired especially got me.

"...Dan pimped me out?"

Clevinger

So much good stuff in this ep. Thick of It cameo, everything with Amy, Dan's breakdown. Selina interrupting Gary just because she could and he asked her not to.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Have they ever shown Selina as being somewhere near competent?

The last time I recall was the speech at the funeral.

I need a bit of high with the lows.

Blastoise

Banned
Damn she is sooo fine!

EDIT: Holy shit the last scene when Jonah is reading Dan's "symptoms" had me nearly on the ground. I love this show.

TTG

Have they ever shown Selina as being somewhere near competent?

The last time I recall was the speech at the funeral.

I need a bit of high with the lows.

Good point, but that's not really in her character. Not that she's completely devoid of positive qualities, she just doesn't embody any of those classic traits of a great politician. Whatever stuff they had her doing that qualified for "real" work(lock down negotiations?) is gone. She's got the superficial charm down anyway.

Peru

Good point, but that's not really in her character. Not that she's completely devoid of positive qualities, she just doesn't embody any of those classic traits of a great politician. Whatever stuff they had her doing that qualified for "real" work(lock down negotiations?) is gone. She's got the superficial charm down anyway.

I don't think the point is she's not a good politician - I think the point is she's an average politician with ambitions and goals she'll never reach, ideals she'll have to compromise every day and a workday spent doing everything but thinking up good policies - again, the average politician's life.

Grizzo

Fantastic episode. I was laughing all the way through. Also, there was so many giffable moments:

veep2wiscj.gif

"Daniwah!"

3oDu0Yo.gif

"- Mike, you're in charge"
- Oh my god Mike... oh my god"

HJxTo47.gif

"- I don't know what that translates to in terms pounds or stones
- That's a lot
- Or is it? That's a lot... okay. "

veep4thsdv.gif

The awkward silence after Selina and Gary's talk in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom