• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ("Good People Die") - US 3DS/Vita release, fall

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed our updates ;)

And yup, it was fully voiced in English, but we only showed the first 2 mins or so.

Awesome. Best news of the month, hands down.

Anyone who was in attendance able to share if he/she recognized any of the voices for the characters?

VLR summary:

-The title change was explained (the actual Japanese title could be read several ways, and so they changed it to capture that same mojo).

- WATCHES! Preorder watches, just like 999. Hilariously the original specs included a needle injector mounted in the watch, which Aksys had to tell the watchmaker to take out.
emot-v.gif

- The OVA WILL be dubbed, and will be available on the Aksys site COMPLETELY FREE. They showed a pretty good-looking preview.

- Water bottles! They own and will only be at AX.

- 999 is getting new box-art to match the new branding! Sadly it will (probably) not be available as a PDF for existing customers to print the new art out.

If anyone remembers anything else, feel free to add in.

And of course, the 999 re-branding cover as Zero Escape Volume 1: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors in sample size :)

MiBJs.jpgg

9yTqn.gif

My account was finally accepted on NeoGaf!
I'm following this thread since its beginning!
I'm so hyped for this game! Since I live in Europe, I'll buy the digital PSN version.
It's been almost a year since this game's first Jap announcement, and now October is getting closer and closer!
My expectations are really high and I feel I won't be disappointed!

matmanx1

Watches! Do want! Please keep us updated as to when and where we need to preorder so that we can get one! Man I am so hyped about this game.

Considering the fact that I don't even own vita, I guess 3DS version will have to do. I hope the graphics difference isn't all that huge.

Sheik

If you make those watches available for Amazon pre-orders, you better not skimp on us Canadians. Our 999 pre-order bonus was coupon :<

Yes, PLEASE make the preorder watches available in Canada! I don't care what store it is, I'll definitely buy one or two copies. Or at the very least make it available on Amazon (American or Canadian site)! I'm willing to pay extra shipping just to have one of those amazing watches. So unbelievably stoked for this game!

I'm SUPER stoked about this one. I was really late to the party on 999, but I totally loved it (the english dialogue was SO GOOD)!! I pretty much fell in love with everyone; the development and depth of each single character was excellent. I will definitely be pre-ordering this so I can get a nifty watch and get right in on the ground floor... OF AWESOMENESS <3

ZOMG SO EXCITED!!!

IrishNinja

so we're still waiting to here where to preorder for the watch, right? cause i was sorry i missed out on those after playing 999.

Yeah. That and any other info Aksys is willing to give us. That, though, will probably be announced closer to launch, so I'm thinking around mid-September.

protonion

Anything about an EU release? Anything... at all?

The reason I haven't bought a 3ds yet. I don't want a vita (at least for now) and this will push me to get one because 999 is my favorite ds game. Part of me wishes this game sucks...

Whoever decided this stupid region lock has no place in the industry.

Come on, Aksys. Give us some info on the watches. I need to know where to preorder so I can forget about it until a week before it comes out.

Hopefully a few eBay resellers will have watch and game bundles, I can see it being exclusive to all the US retailers that don't ship worldwide.

Roto13

If I buy "Zero Escape Volume 1" then 999 will be both the first and last DS game on my alphabetically arranged shelf.

Brofield

I can say this has me more hyped for a 3DS game than Luigi's Mansion 2.

You done good, Aksys. But I still have to unlock the true ending in 999 still...only got the submarine and the knife...better go play it again!

Pharros

I can say this has me more hyped for a 3DS game than Luigi's Mansion 2.

You done good, Aksys. But I still have to unlock the true ending in 999 still...only got the submarine and the knife...better go play it again!

Stop wasting time and go do it now :)

Amazing game. I'm definitely not missing out on the watch pre-orders this time either.

I was trying to go into this game completely spoiler free, but I was sadly blindsided by a random unmarked spoiler on another site. :(

So I have a question for those who have played the game already.

How big a spoiler is knowing about...

*Virtue's Last Reward Spoiler*
Akane trying to stop some sort of virus? I don't know any details, just that sentence.

Roto13

I was trying to go into this game completely spoiler free, but I was sadly blindsided by a random unmarked spoiler on another site. :(

How big a spoiler is knowing about
Akane trying to stop sort of virus? I don't know any details, just that sentence.

Considering I don't remember that, apparently not too much. :p

I think my biggest concern with the new cover art for Zero Escape: 999 is
It makes it a bit too obvious that the 6 is actually a 9. I used a friend who knew nothing of the game and he said 9 and 5 for what it's worth

And watches? DO WANT! I was LTTP on 999 but will be all in for day one VLR

How big a spoiler is knowing about
Akane trying to stop some sort of virus? I don't know any details, just that sentence.

Telling you how big/small it is would be a spoiler.

Well, Roto already said he doesn't remember that so I'm assuming it's not that prevalent.

I just want to know how much of a presence that plot point has in the game since I already know about it.

Lets just say that "It has everything to do with the story, yet nothing at all."

There, that's just cryptic enough to give you some incite as to what you are about to get into. :D

Lets just say that "It has everything to do with the story, yet nothing at all."

There, that's just cryptic enough to give you some incite as to what you are about to get into. :D
I see, thanks.

I just want to play the game dammit, and not have to worry about it being spoiled preemptively. It's one of my most anticipated games.

Roto13

Oh wait, was that a spoiler for Good People Die? Because I wouldn't remember that, I haven't played it yet. xP

Oh wait, was that a spoiler for Good People Die? Because I wouldn't remember that, I haven't played it yet. xP

Facepalm_animated_gif.gif

To be fair I highlighted it too thinking he was talking about 999 as well, I was hoping I was just blanking on part of 999's story and not being spoiled for VLR :'(

Top Bottom