• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks: Wii Street U (Iwata in a jetpack camera wand thing)

Yonafunu

01sKxSb.jpg

DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Cipherr

So streetview for Wii U?

Quoting just so it can be in almost every post on the first page.

Yep, which is essentially just Google Maps for WiiU. I thought we already knew this was coming a long time ago. But apparently not? An Iwata asks on this seems weird to me. But I suppose it doesn't hurt or anything.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
For real, though... this app will be really cool. It will actually make google maps fun rather than useful. I will travel the world in my living room. The Miiverse community will be fantastic.

Also,

6yG5Std.jpg

How much do you wanna bet this is tomorrow's interesting news.

I hope so, it would mean the US gets this soon too maybe the same day since this is powered by Google

I want to try this, might lose many hours exploring the world

edit: on second thought this is old news and doubt Rich would hype this up

Jonboy

I'm here on my couch seriously laughing out loud at this thread.

Wife asks "What is it?!"

Me: "You wouldn't understand."

Me: Continue laughing

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I'm here on my couch seriously laughing out loud at this thread.

Wife asks "What is it?!"

Me: "You wouldn't understand."

Me: Continue laughing

Poor wife. Explain to her nao!

[edit] why is that Gabe picture so funny in context of double Iwata? I'm ashamed of myself for laughing so damn much at that. haha

You know what'd be cool? If they'd hide Mario, Luigi, Samus, etc., in different spots in the world. Or better yet: a chest (Zelda). They could hide one a month, and the winner could get a bit of credit for the eShop.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So it's just Google Street View for the Wii U? Is there anything "special" about it? I can already do what the video shows on my phone. I mean, it's still cool that it's coming to the Wii U, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything every Android phone doesn't already do.

And you guys know the camera thing isn't Nintendo's, right? It's Google's "Trekker", which they use when taking Street View photos in places where only walking is possible.

OjrbPKM.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why does Nintendo think anyone cares about this.

Never thought about hidden games or secrets being involved. Make this have some sort of games like the 3ds has and I'll get excited... Sort of.

Raist

Banned
Why does Nintendo think anyone cares about this.

Never thought about hidden games or secrets being involved. Make this have some sort of games like the 3ds has and I'll get excited... Sort of.

They probably spotted something about "Apple" and "Maps" in the news recently and thought they had to do something about it.

So it's just Google Street View for the Wii U? Is there anything "special" about it? I can already do what the video shows on my phone.

And you guys know the camera thing isn't Nintendo's, right? It's Googles "Trekker", which they use when taking Street View photos in places where they can only walk.

OjrbPKM.jpg

yes everyone knows this is google tech. The Japanese Google guy is sitting down with Iwata to answer questions.

the Gamepad being able to move around the Street View and Navigating are the only differences I see. Except maybe some Nintendo Exclusive stuff like Nintendo HQ tours or something

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
It's bizarre, but when I first showed off my Wii U to a friend, their very first comment was "Can you get Google Earth on it?"

You know what'd be cool? If they'd hide Mario, Luigi, Samus, etc., in different spots in the world. Or better yet: a chest (Zelda). They could hide one a month, and the winner could get a bit of credit for the eShop.

This is a fantastic idea. I would actually buy this app to explore for this stuff.

Top Bottom