• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iwata Asks: Wii Street U (Iwata in a jetpack camera wand thing)

joedan

You really look at that and think it's a consumer-level product? One of those backpacks probably costs upwards of $20,000 to manufacture and there's maybe a couple dozen of them out there.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a consumer level thing. It would be from a government and tourism professional thing.

Hermii

Eventually I'll come to it, but would anyone mind giving me a complete archive of Iwata Asks? Thanks in advance!

Iwata looks so happy in that picture. Its so adorable. :)

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/

You got plenty of good (laughs) ahead of you :) I especially recommend the ones where Itoi asks (Guy who made Mother series) .

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/zelda-skyward-sword/7/0

Hmm they removed this one from the american site, so here is the british version<.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Ask...le/1-Expressing-the-Inexpressible-217174.html

There is one more but I dont remember which it was now.

The one for Tekken Prime edition is also really good.

Futureman

Hopefully this brings future Nintendo/Google partnerships. My two favorite companies.

Probably won't use it more then a few times, but it should be interesting to try out. For what it's worth, it will probably be the most mainstream implementation of Street View on a TV.

*stares at his Wii U*

*stares at the Wii U release list for January, February, March*

*looks at photo of Iwata with camera system on his back*

sF9wNy6.gif

QFT

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
You know what'd be cool? If they'd hide Mario, Luigi, Samus, etc., in different spots in the world. Or better yet: a chest (Zelda). They could hide one a month, and the winner could get a bit of credit for the eShop.

Great idea! But you'd have to then physically travel to the location, and be first, in order to claim your prize (such as a free copy of every Wii U game, past and future).

Garou

Did anyone mention among the photoshops that Wii Street U will only be functional until 4/1/2016, even though the channel won't be free in the future?

farnham

Banned
so itts finally out and i had the opportunity to check it out. it definately feels really great and gives you an illusion that you are at that place. im positively surprised and i like it quite a lot.
Did anyone mention among the photoshops that Wii Street U will only be functional until 4/1/2016, even though the channel won't be free in the future?

contractual issues with google?

zroid

Banned
I decided to check it out because I was bored, and I have to say, I'm kind of impressed. It's incredibly usable. Definitely not to check maps and such, but just to "wander" around in distant locales, it's surprisingly fun and easy.

I'm strolling through Kyoto right now on a mission to find Nintendo HQ. :)

RIP
Customer notification: Wii Street U™ powered by Google™ ends March 31

We want to let you know that the downloadable software, Wii Street U powered by Google, will be discontinued as of March 31, 2016, at 8 p.m. PT. Once service is discontinued, it will no longer be useable.

We hope you enjoyed using this software. We look forward to bringing our users more fun things in the future.

-shadow-

What a bump! But honestly, I never really understood why Wii Street U was a thing anyway. Just seemed really useless. Though I did download it, iirc it gave some stars for on Club Nintendo. So not entirely useless perhaps.

Pinky

Banned
What a bump! But honestly, I never really understood why Wii Street U was a thing anyway. Just seemed really useless. Though I did download it, iirc it gave some stars for on Club Nintendo. So not entirely useless perhaps.

I only tried it out a couple times. Sure, I thought it was cool, but it was short-lived for me. Nothing too amazing.

RIP, Mr. Iwata :(

daTRUballin

When I saw the thread title, I thought the thread was made today, and I knew something wasn't right because I was thinking to myself: "Wait, Iwata's gone now though." Then I saw the date. ._.

AdanVC

We got to see the rise and fall of Wii Street U, all within the same thread :'( I honestly only used it the day I download it and never open it again. Also that pic of Iwata gives me the feels as well :'(

joms5

When I saw the thread title, I thought the thread was made today, and I knew something wasn't right because I was thinking to myself: "Wait, Iwata's gone now though." Then I saw the date. ._.

This was my exact response. It was nice to revisit this thread though. lol

The best of GAF.

Top Bottom