• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Feb DLCs: Serah/Noel Costumes, Sazh Gambling DLC

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Buying the Serah costume. Still have a ton of fragments to get so she'll be wearing that for a good while.

duckroll

I've not seen anything about that.

It's been in the interviews I've read. Kitase definitely mentioned many times that they are planning different types of DLC, and they're also planning free content updates via patches.

Edit: Here's one example.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/06009506.html

――DLCの配信は、どれくらいまで続く予定なのでしょうか?

鳥山 海外版が発売してから3ヵ月ほど、5月くらいまでは続けたいと考えています。また、DLCだけではなく、本編のアップデートで、やり込み要素をサポートするような拡張機能の追加が予定されています。

When asked about the DLC plans moving forward (this was in the first week of Feb), Toriyama says that they have DLC lined up for up to 3 months after the launch of the overseas version, so up to about May or so. He then says that aside from DLC, they're also planning title updates (patches) which will add expanded functionality to support optional elements in the game.

I'm guessing he was referring to the Facebook patch, and possibly more stuff like that in the future.

Meier

Are you kidding me with that Serah outfit? Her skimpy clothes are already embarrassing enough for guys with wives/significant others. Ridiculous.

Do we know if the cards are paid DLC? I thought for sure that would be a free update.. Edit: I guess based off the English description, you'll only be able to play cards if you buy the DLC. That's pretty ridiculous.

scy

Never got around to finishing XIII-2 and I'll be part of the problem by buying the DLC.

I have no soul and I'm okay with this.

Are you kidding me with that Serah outfit? Her skimpy clothes are already embarrassing enough for guys with wives/significant others. Ridiculous.

Do we know if the cards are paid DLC? I thought for sure that would be a free update..

Sign of the times is all it is.

LiK

Do we know if the cards are paid DLC? I thought for sure that would be a free update..
fap fap fap, "oh, hi honey!"

So is Sazh an actual party member or is he just a monster.

Will Serah tell him how much of a good boy he is and that he deserves a treat?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's been in the interviews I've read. Kitase definitely mentioned many times that they are planning different types of DLC, and they're also planning free content updates via patches.

When asked about the DLC plans moving forward (this was in the first week of Feb), Toriyama says that they have DLC lined up for up to 3 months after the launch of the overseas version, so up to about May or so. He then says that aside from DLC, they're also planning title updates (patches) which will add expanded functionality to support optional elements in the game.

I'm guessing he was referring to the Facebook patch, and possibly more stuff like that in the future.

Well yeah there's that type of stuff, but it's all low key content. They won't be offering much in the way of story stuff for free I'm sure...

Not a fan of useless DLC myself.

Having her in that outfit will not effect the game in any signicant way.

It's not like Xenoblade where the stuff you wear actually has an impact on the capabilities of that character.

duckroll

Well yeah there's that type of stuff, but it's all low key content. They won't be offering much in the way of story stuff for free I'm sure...

Oh of course not. It would be silly to expect that they'll have free costumes or free bosses. But the patches have added some minor stuff here and there as well, like more items in Chocolina's store iirc? The story stuff will be pay DLC for sure. You don't record new lines and then give them away for free.

StuBurns

Banned
I was certain, hopeful at least, that they'd put out something that was a little less cringeworthy. :( Don't get me wrong, she looks good, but I'm embarrassed for anyone who buys this.
They will, there are three outfits for Serah, only this one is more provocative than the default one.

I feel pretty confident in saying this one will sell the best though. While I don't want that outfit (or any of them really), I can certainly see why they'd choose to make and release it.

They are trying to make money by selling us an outfit that make Serah look like a whore?

I feel so insulted.... not going to buy this and support this sh*t even if it was 0.99$ only.

Kinyou

hBAta.jpg
ka63q8asd43.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
until Versus party members are announced. :p

She'll probably buy it if a there's a DLC that links to Versus XIII. :p

Mario007

Thanks! I knew I read it somewhere but wasn't quite sure where and searching through andriasang got me nowhere.

Wasn't the Omega DLC free in Japan for a while or something? I wouldn't mind some battles in the colliseum for free. I can get why the story DLC is paid for, though. Still it's much cheaper than BioWare DLC so I'm happy with it. And as I've said the Lightning episode is something that the team only got to work on now so it makes sense to have it as DLC. I've always been a fan of expansions if they're worthwhile, even back when they weren't called DLCs and you had to a buy another disc to get them :p

If they link XIII-2 to Versus in anyway I will have a bitch fit.

Well let's see there's the whole Fabula Nova Crystalis mythology backdrop and...hmmm...Etro, who seems to be pretty prominent in FF 13-2 and Versus. I still think SE should have put together a 20 min playable demo of Versus on FF 13-2's BR to help sales.

duckroll

If they link XIII-2 to Versus in anyway I will have a bitch fit.

But FFXIII, FFXIII-2, FF Type-0, and FF Versus XIII are all linked with the same mythology. Where do you think stuff like the Goddess Etro and the unseen world of Valhalla come from? Those are all core story themes in Versus.

But FFXIII, FFXIII-2, FF Type-0, and FF Versus XIII are all linked with the same mythology. Where do you think stuff like the Goddess Etro and the unseen world of Valhalla come from? Those are all core story themes in Versus.

I am aware of that.

They still have nothing to do with each other, don't tell me you think how Type-0's handles the mythology is in anyway similar to XII-2's.

StuBurns

Banned
Type-0 still had that stuff? I guess the renaming was just to distance the product a little. I thought they moved all the FNC stuff.

duckroll

Where's the DLC that expands or concludes the ending? I suppose that will be the last DLC, so I'm guessing May.

They never said that there will be a DLC expanding or concluding the ending in particular though. I think that's an important point. They said that there's more FFXIII-2 beyond the ending, which is to say you can explore the various Paradox Endings, and there are future DLC story episodes which cover other FFXIII characters who were not explored in the game like Lightning, Sazh, Vanille and Fang, etc. As far as the main story involving Serah and Noel, it is finished.

Top Bottom