• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Feb DLCs: Serah/Noel Costumes, Sazh Gambling DLC

EU PSN also gets Sazh DLC On 29th

From Fb XIII-2 Page:

Coming at the end of February, a new downloadable episode for Final Fantasy XIII-2, called "Sazh: Heads or Tails?"
As well as a new storyline to play through, featuring Sazh from Final Fantasy XIII, you'll also be able to play two new card games in the Serendipity zone.
The episode will be available via Xbox Live Marketplace from February 28 for 400 Microsoft Points, and via PlayStation Network from February 29 for €3.59/£2.99.

They say a new "storyline"...definitely getting it!!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
and the unseen world of Valhalla come from?.

Do we know already if "Valhalla" is just a name made up by M.Toriyama to refer to the Unseen World or instead is used by both Type-0 and Versus in reference to the same thing?

[...]As far as the main story involving Serah and Noel, it is finished.

... 'till XIII-3 of course.

Valhalla refers specifically to the unseen world of FFXIII-2. That's the name people gave it, just like Gran Pulse and Cocoon.

Yeah, that's what I always thought. I misinterpreted your words before then :p

duckroll

Do we know already if "Valhalla" is just a name made up by M.Toriyama to refer to the Unseen World or instead is used by both Type-0 and Versus in reference to the same thing?

Valhalla refers specifically to the unseen world of FFXIII-2. That's the name people gave it, just like Gran Pulse and Cocoon.

Does Europe gets Improved Serah(TM) as well at the end of February? It's the only thing that matters.

The Facebook page put the pictures of the costume up so I can only assume it does, in fact I think it'll be a day & date release along with US PSN...wouldn't make sense otherwise.

salromano

Probably a mistake in wording.

That's the way it came across to me in the PR, but looking at it again, I can't be too sure:

Press Release said:
Noel’s Spacetime Guardian outfit and Serah’s Beachwear outfit will be available on February 28 via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360 priced at 240 Microsoft Points, and on February 28 via PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 system priced at $2.99.

I've e-mailed Square for clarification.

exhume

I may be alone in this, but I'd like to see an armoured outfit for Serah. You know, something that makes her look as badass as she deserves to.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I may be alone in this, but I'd like to see an armoured outfit for Serah. You know, something that makes her look as badass as she deserves to.

You mean something that would actually look like appropriate battle attire for protecting oneself from injury? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!?!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You're not alone because I find that a lot of her costumes seem... not suited for battle, to ameliorate my feelings about them. The Summoner's Outfit was a good alternative, but it also had its own issue (er, yeah, what Meccanical said).

UberTag

I wonder how much you'll all have spent on this game once all of the DLCs stop coming out with already finished content sometime this summer. $80? $90?

You'll be just like the Call of Duty kids.

And then, when it's all over, you'll be all set to save up money for another round when XIII-3 comes out next winter. And we can do it all again. Maybe you'll get the ending you want. Probably not, though. If this little exercise turns out to be much more profitable than expected. After all, $80 or $90 is much more money than $50 (or $20 for everyone that picked up XIII on the cheap paid). And Square gets all the cash for the DLC with no retailer cut to speak of.

What a wonderful message we're sending to Japan. Why would we want to play Versus XIII or another JRPG with a unique story and world when we can just do this every year with recycled game assets? Those Assassin's Creed folks at Ubisoft were so smart when they started this. No company should ever release another JRPG in North America again that doesn't treat fans just like Square Enix has here.

Perhaps we'll get one of those lovely mousepads with Serah's boobs on them like those from the Record of Agarest games. Those were so tasteful and so comfortable on the wrists.

I don't know why I haven't gotten around to buying myself a copy of XIII-2 yet. Seems like it would be such a better use of my money than buying a SECOND copy of Xenoblade. I mean, really, what the hell am I smoking? I'm such an idiot.

burgerdog

You're not alone because I find that a lot of her costumes seem... not suited for battle, to ameliorate my feelings about them. The Summoner's Outfit was a good alternative, but it also had its own issue (er, yeah, what Meccanical said).

lol, Right after you beat the last boss, the camera is place at Serah and Noel's feet and looks straight up. With the Garb on you get a ridiculous panty shot. I laughed.

Zoe

Her FFXIII outfit was basically schoolgirl. Since they already modeled it, I don't know why they didn't just included it as a bonus in the game. :| EDIT: Beaten...

ff13_02.jpg

Wow, I just realized how low that skirt hangs.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I liked that outfit. But that one section in the game where you fight as her. I realized i'd rather have the Summoner's Outfit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
LOL

Also, Rin Tohsaka is possibly the best case of zettai ryouiki I've seen yet. I've grown fond of this style as of late. Speaking of Rin, I would pay money for Serah dressed up like her.

So many things wrong with this statement....

hamchan

LOL

Also, Rin Tohsaka is possibly the best case of zettai ryouiki I've seen yet. I've grown fond of this style as of late. Speaking of Rin, I would pay money for Serah dressed up like her.
I totally would too. Then Noel should get an Archer costume to match.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, they should make DLC that allows you to get the Lightning Crystal immediately. I'm sure people would pay for that. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I totally would too. Then Noel should get an Archer costume to match.

Hmmm... Not that I'd buy it, of course.

firehawk12 said:
You know, they should make DLC that allows you to get the Lightning Crystal immediately. I'm sure people would pay for that. :p
You know what people would buy? "Instant Slots Win" -- Get the Lucky Coin Fragment in one go.

Yazuka

Part of the problem, but that swimsuit is hot on Sarah. I'll buy it when I get this game. But would have loved to play the game with her clothes from the first game.

Top Bottom