• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Samus Returns Special Edition Announced

ChrisD

Charge now or when shipping?
GameStop charges immediately with PayPal, not actually sure how things work with Debit/Credit.

I do all of my GS orders in-store with minimum payment. It's $5 minimum.

No amiibo yet from what the guys at my store told me, but I got my LE locked in. May get from GS and Best Buy if I can grab a pre-order from them. One to keep sealed because METROIIIIID

OmahaG8

Apparently (for me at least) you can use PayPal only when doing shipping and not in store pickup. Huh. Problem solved? Ha.

zulux21

you can cancel with GS anytime so there's no risk.

yeah... unless they didn't secure their severs since the breach earlier this year and my credit card info potentially gets stolen.

gotta love getting letters from gamestop saying my credit card info may have been compromised.

Pre-order limited edition on Amazon is always "quite the adventure".

but it comes with 20% off, and then usually another 25-50% off for "sorry our bubble mailer didn't protect your package" CS talks :p

Shadoron

Can anyone give me a quick run down on how the ship to store method works at Gamestop.com? Normally order online. I filled in my info and it said they will send an email confirmation with the hold. Can I take that email into my local store, once I receive it, and pay off the hold?

Can anyone give me a quick run down on how the ship to store method works at Gamestop.com? Normally order online. I filled in my info and it said they will send an email confirmation with the hold. Can I take that email into my local store, once I receive it, and pay off the hold?
The store receives a copy and one of their allocated units is automatically held for you. So you're good once you click checkout.

Edit: Misread. Don't believe you can, no, but I'm not positive.

Shadoron

The store receives a copy and one of their allocated units is automatically held for you. So you're good once you click checkout.

Edit: Misread. Don't believe you can, no, but I'm not positive.

Thanks. My concern is that the form didn't ask for any type of payment info. I've heard horror stories of Gamestop over allocating and under-supplying. Just wondered if I could walk in and pay it off, hopefully securing my copy.

Thanks. My concern is that the form didn't ask for any type of payment info. I've heard horror stories of Gamestop over allocating and under-supplying. Just wondered if I could walk in and pay it off, hopefully securing my copy.
Really? I did ship to store and it did ask me, and did for previous orders as well. That's odd.

Top Bottom