• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designated Survivor |OT| President Bauer Power Hour

Line_HTX

That was a good closure to the episode with things working out with the former President and giving Agent Wells her own office with all the resources, WHOO!

My biggest problem was when Langdon was telling his story that the only reason he was temporarily taken out was because his car got hacked. I am sorry, but that has to be the STUPIDEST explanation I have ever heard even for plot device super convenience. Like... REALLY???

WillyFive

My biggest problem was when Langdon was telling his story that the only reason he was temporarily taken out was because his car got hacked. I am sorry, but that has to be the STUPIDEST explanation I have ever heard even for plot device super convenience. Like... REALLY???

Every conspiracy story will eventually lead into something that's impossible to happen in real life, it's success depends entirely on whether the target audience believes it or not.

Oh shit. Conspiracy time

I think the wife is in on it. Jack Bauer being asked for by name to be the DS; and her throwaway line "you can't impress her, she's Russian." Make me think she's deep undercover

pariah164

West coast, let's go.

- Why do all clandestine meetings happen inside churches?
- LOL That didn't last long.
- Cane is gone already? Shit, he healed QUICK.
- Yaaaay interrogation time! BE AWESOME WELLS.
- LOL this guy. 'nice try, but you suck at this fam.'
- Kirkman be like 'this bitch in my house'.
- Alex returns... She seems suspect, IDK why.
- Aaaaaaand there's Bauer! Glasses off, ofc.
- "Why was I picked as the designated survivor?" Because you actually have a moral compass, maybe, Kirkman?
- "Knock yourself out." GET IT, SETH.
- Man, this former president is getting annoying.
- Looooove the dynamic between Emily and Seth. STAY FRIENDS PLS.
- Kirkmaaaaaan YOU ARE BEING PLAYED AF
- Aaron?? Damn. I didn't see that coming.
- Ooooooooooh dat twist. Finding loopholes ftw!
- Finally, Wells got all that shit off her back.
- THESE PREVIEWS GODDAMN.

I love this show so damned much.

Yup, I knew Aaron was going to peace out. Sad though, I liked the dynamic of the team they had.

Finally some straight-up Bauer!

"You're going to tell me everything you know, NOW!"
"I'm telling you everything, I swear!"
"Have you heard of something called the Lewis–Mogridge Position?"
"N-n-no..."
"It's a little something I picked up when I was an urban planner. I assure you Mr. Langdon, you don't want to find out what it is. So start talking before you make me take my glasses off."

There's something about the ex-President that doesn't feel quite right. I think he's in on it.

Covfan

Oh shit. Conspiracy time

I think the wife is in on it. Jack Bauer being asked for by name to be the DS; and her throwaway line "you can't impress her, she's Russian." Make me think she's deep undercover
that's pretty much what I thought as soon as she said she's Russian

I will be more surprised if the ex-president isn't in on it. He's old and powerful enough to even be one of the heads of the movement.

Love how everyone in the situation room clap and cheer when they get the Americans out of danger by giving a warlord several million dollars.........at least they delayed their advance by a couple days =/

Kifimbo

Just watched. Am I the only one, or none of it makes sense ?

The conspiracy, the original plan, was to kill everyone except Kirkman (the DS) and MacLeish, then make sure MacLeish is chosen VP, and finally killed Kirkman so MacLeish becomes the POTUS.

Now that Kirkman survived and MacLeish is dead, suddendly they are telling us the real plan was totally different. The new main goal was to put Kirkman in charge. So some mysterious John Doe decided, for some reason, Kirkman had to be the designated survivor. He was the chosen one, and now the new mystery is why him ?

It will be even more stupid if Moss (the old President) is involved. He was in power for at least four years. He had plenty of time to do the dirty work. He was able to hire any accomplice he needed.

Just watched. Am I the only one, or none of it makes sense ?

The conspiracy, the original plan, was to kill everyone except Kirkman (the DS) and MacLeish, then make sure MacLeish is chosen VP, and finally killed Kirkman so MacLeish becomes the POTUS.

Now that Kirkman survived and MacLeish is dead, suddendly they are telling us the real plan was totally different. The new main goal was to put Kirkman in charge. So some mysterious John Doe decided, for some reason, Kirkman had to be the designated survivor. He was the chosen one, and now the new mystery is why him ?

It will be even more stupid if Moss (the old President) is involved. He was in power for at least four years. He had plenty of time to do the dirty work. He was able to hire any accomplice he needed.

No the point was they thought Kirkman would be the least competent option, so they had more of a chance of staying in the shadows up to the point McLeash was made Prez. Or even make the public feel his assassination was a good thing cus he was so bad at the job.

The show is so whatever. I wonder how they're gonna do season2 unless there's always some shadowy villian at work.

Bauer's plasticky weird face makes this hard to watch.

Was finally able to catch up on this after stopping at episode 8. I thought the season was over until I realized the show took a 3 month break!

It definitely has some problems (that car hacking explanation was stupid) but it has been entertaining nonetheless. Looking forward to see what happens next.

Maybe it's just because I watched 3 seasons of west wing, but I am way into more of the "policy and governance" part of the show now after tonight's episode.

I kinda want that to be the focus, it won't be as good as west wing, but it sure can try.

pariah164

West Coast, let's gooooooo.

- Hey there Scruffy Aaron.
- I once again find myself wishing Kirkman was president.
- Fingerprints off a wine glass in a picture? This is some next level CSI shit.
- This is a busy as fuck room. Where was this in the past episodes?
- This Emily/Seth teamup is gold.
- Who's this chick?! His cousin? Okay, yeah, whatever, DS.
- A surprise Q&A session? This won't go badly at all.
- Atwood, get yo shit together.
- Take back what she said? Oof. She doesn't look happy about that.
- Wells, for being a dark agent, you are stupid as fuck.
- Oh yeah, Alex is NOT happy. Doin' it for Kirkman.
- Saw that coming. Of course his apartment blew up.
- Niiiiiiiice Town Hall
- Aaand of course Aaron's back in it. He can't stay away.
- FIIIIIIIIIIGHT
- Aaand there goes their only lead. Dammit. back to square one yet again.
- Emily, you are a strong, independent woman who don't need no man.
- Aaaaaand more bombs. Fantastic.
- THESE PROMOS DOE aaaaah

Same time next week?

HardRojo

I hate that Netflix is behind by 2 weeks, just watched the second episode of the second half. Damn I didn't expect them to kill the McLeish plot point so quickly, who's the target now? The woman who kidnapped the son and impersonated a lawyer?

I hate that Netflix is behind by 2 weeks, just watched the second episode of the second half. Damn I didn't expect them to kill the McLeish plot point so quickly, who's the target now? The woman who kidnapped the son and impersonated a lawyer?
No spoilers but let's just say things are moving pretty quickly.

Santiako

I watch it on Netlfix and I'm day and date. Weird that some regions are behind.

dLMN8R

LOL Aaron looked so different I literally couldn't recognize him during the first couple scenes he was in. I thought it was someone else completely who I didn't recognize at all.

This show is all over the map. Last week was a fun action romp, this week it's a politics snoozer. I get that they have to show some governing since he's the Pres and all, but let's keep it to a minimum, shall we? That's not the show's strength.

And why is Hannah is hiding out and asking loose cannon Atwood to be her backup when she has Kirkman's executive order giving her huge amounts of power and resources? She could have a whole strike team at her call, and a secret building to work and sleep.

Renpatsu

Funnily enough it's the more the politics and less the conspiracy that is the main draw for me. I think distinct from other political shows it's creatively interesting to explore how a fresh US administration born from this extreme scenario fares given the times we live in and has the opportunity to be particularly relevant. If the writers were more adept at making the conspiracy they've devised a threat beyond narrative cliche I'd probably be more invested in that aspect of the show.

And why is Hannah is hiding out and asking loose cannon Atwood to be her backup when she has Kirkman's executive order giving her huge amounts of power and resources? She could have a whole strike team at her call, and a secret building to work and sleep.

I feel the same way. Only way it makes sense is that she just literally does not trust anyone else. There's some cause for her to feel that way.

That said, it's sort of amazing just how incompetent she is. Like at the graveyard, if she hadn't rushed out ahead of the actual strike team they brought along, they could have avoided a whole lot of trouble. But no, she's gotta try to be a badass and solo shit.

Carn82

Just started, a few episodes in now. Enjoying it immensely, but I think I gravitate more towards the politic parts of the show. But it's still a fun romp, as in a 'just don't think too much about it' homeland/house of cards/24 crossover.

pariah164

No rambly recap/thoughts from me tonight; I went to the ER last night for an allergic reaction, and though I'm now home, I'm on enough Benadryl to knock out an elephant. Enjoying it so far though, as always.

Started watching this (well, smashed every episode up to date) last week, 1 thing that's bothering me .....

That evil child kidnapping/bitch, 1 of the photos they had of her on a phone, looks like a bog standard photo taken of the actress at an event or something ..... please tell me they didn't just use one of those instead of taking a new one for the show.

Kadin

Am I the only one who watched tonight? lol

Come on guys, this great show needs more coverage. Tonight's episode was really good, glad to see they'll reveal the traitor next week.

Not a fan at all of Senator Bowman. I like a good bad guy but this guy just annoys me. Was a tad unhappy when Kirkman seemed to bow to his shit but I think it was resolved in a decent way. Funny how it made me think of our recent Supreme Court issue with the nominee...

Oh and what the hell at the very end?!?

Am I the only one who watched tonight? lol

Come on guys, this great show needs more coverage. Tonight's episode was really good, glad to see they'll reveal the traitor next week.

Not a fan at all of Senator Bowman. I like a good bad guy but this guy just annoys me. Was a tad unhappy when Kirkman seemed to bow to his shit but I think it was resolved in a decent way. Funny how it made me think of our recent Supreme Court issue with the nominee...

Oh and what the hell at the very end?!?

The voice at the end was definitely disguised somehow, I wonder who it is.

Better episode than last week for sure. Nice balance of politics and action. Almost had a bit of an X-Files vibe with them rolling into the creepy conspiracy town.

The reporter stuff is really silly Hollywood tech stuff, even though I do like him in that role. And he's got a nice Alfa. I'm guessing he's being used by the conspiracy to derail her investigation though.

Who is Lozano again? Was that the CIA operative who had McLeish's unit go on that mission?

This is the best show on television at the moment in my opinion. The Kirkman White House storyline is far more interesting than the conspiracy element, which seems to be dragging.

We need a new West Wing.

Arttemis

This is the best show on television at the moment in my opinion. The Kirkman White House storyline is far more interesting than the conspiracy element, which seems to be dragging.

Yeah, the show uses the premise of an attack to propose a tragic, but very engaging, reset button on Washington. It's a bit corny at times, especially the first few episodes regarding the family, but it stays relevant. The final product is a highly recommendable show.

Top Bottom