• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designated Survivor |OT| President Bauer Power Hour

YESSSSS GET FUCKED McLEASH KIRKMAN WRECKED YOUR WALL STREET PLAN WITH A FUCKING WAVE.

Didn't expect for the Hannah pow wow to happen so soon, hope shit can start getting done.

Anyone else get annoyed that in the situation room noone was like 'Um so after the president was shot literally a minute after him getting shot makes you President you wanna A) take over the investigation and B) kill the shooter. This is shady brah'.

YESSSSS GET FUCKED McLEASH KIRKMAN WRECKED YOUR WALL STREET PLAN WITH A FUCKING WAVE.

Didn't expect for the Hannah pow wow to happen so soon, hope shit can start getting done.

Anyone else get annoyed that in the situation room noone was like 'Um so after the president was shot literally a minute after him getting shot makes you President you wanna A) take over the investigation and B) kill the shooter. This is shady brah'.

Pretty sure everyone was thinking it, but were powerless to stop it...

Pretty good episode, though the surgery drama felt like plot padding since we all knew Kirkman was going to pull through anyway. I was surprised Kirkman got shot; in a way it was the safest and least interesting option in terms of character dynamics, but it made for some good plot points.

I want to believe in Aaron, but I'm still 50/50 on whether he's in on it.

McLeash is a pretty terrible villain. Most of the time he just acts like a pouty child, and his wife (the brains) doesn't seem very convincing as an evil manipulator.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This series is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. Great episode! I'm glad Hannah finally had the time to talk to the president. I wonder how they arranged that. Mike da MVP.

B.K.

Apparently I missed an episode last week. I didn't know it was back. I only watch ABC for this and Agents of SHIELD, so I haven't seen any promos and didn't know it was back. I checked the guide on my TV last night and saw tonight was new, so I thought tonight was the first new episode of the year.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I'm still fuzzy on what happened to Atwood's son. I missed the first minute or so after each commercial break because I was busy getting other stuff done in the house while this was on =/

The fairly heavy handed implication is that they killed him.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh yeah, that female advisor that he trusts is pretty much guaranteed to be a mole at this point right?

Or maybe I've got too much 24 on the brain.

Started watching this last night. Hope it gets better than the first episode, shaky cam out the ass (in scenes it's not warranted), stereotypes everywhere and some cringe inducing writing. Giving it one more episode.

Kifimbo

Finally watch yesterday's episode. It should have been great, but what didn't happen at the end was stupid. Did the two Secret Service guards disappeared or something ? First, they didn't move in when Hannah come out with a gun. And they were also nowhere to be found when the wife showed up.

It's also a bit ridiculous that Hannah was able to win a fight against an elite soldier.

Megasoum

Banned
Finally watch yesterday's episode. It should have been great, but what didn't happen at the end was stupid. Did the two Secret Service guards disappeared or something ? First, they didn't move in when Hannah come out with a gun. And they were also nowhere to be found when the wife showed up.

Yeah was thinking the same thing... No fucking way Hannah could have gone anywhere near the VP, let alone with a gun.

Kifimbo

Yeah was thinking the same thing... No fucking way Hannah could have gone anywhere near the VP, let alone with a gun.

Well, they didn't really have time to search the whole place because the VP was in a hurry and he only wanted two guys. So I can accept Hannah being able to reach MacLeish and arrest him. But it's silly that Secret Service never reacted to her, and then the wife was able to approach with her car and walk onto the field without any resistance.

It's also a bit ridiculous that Hannah was able to win a fight against an elite soldier.

I remember Mike or the other CIA guy saying they'd been informed of the situation and instructed to keep their distance. What struck me as odd was that the wife could get there without being intercepted.

I remember Mike or the other CIA guy saying they'd been informed of the situation and instructed to keep their distance. What struck me as odd was that the wife could get there without being intercepted.
Yeah, Mike being involved means the Secret Service is basically in on the sting. They were also intentionally sent in with reduced numbers, and Hannah chased MacLeish pretty far into the graveyard, so it's possible the two agents just couldn't cover the ground in time to stop the wife.

iKhayal18

This show manages to wake on me the same feelings and excitement that I had when watching the original 24, and it does so four times better than 24:Legacy, which I find boring.

It has the twists, the simple and easy to follow plot and great characters. Even the music.

I hope that it lasts for a long time and that we get more than this season, because I reeeeeally love it and right now it's the only chance that we will get to keep seeing Bauer in action.

Qvoth

omg this show!
AU7Amsc.gif

Tamanon

Banned
Man, they really did want to kill that Evil VP plot line quickly after the break. Good episode though. Really wonder where they're going from here.

Hoooollly shit at that surprise. These writers are ballsy. It makes no sense that the VP's wife was able to just show up out of nowhere when there were Secret Service and an FBI stakeout, but it sure delivered.

I feel like the writing has improved since the break. I mean some things are still telegraphed, like there's going to be some fallout from shutting out Aaron and Kirkman's wife. But there's more subtlety going on with the relationship dynamics.

Am I alone in thinking that heart-to-heart with Seth and Emily was a not-so-subtle rewrite about Trump?

chefbags

Whoah at that ending. So good lol. It's like 24 except Big Boss is President and he's directing the action instead. Still exciting af though.

Every time the show comes on, my subconscious runs in the back of my mind saying "man I wish he was our President right now" lol.

pariah164

Watching last week's. Late, but eh.

- Sorry, Kirkman, your wife is better off NOT knowing.
- "Son of a bitch is gonna pay." YEEEEEAH BAUER!
- Uuuugh I want to punch MacLeish every time he's on screen.
- Aaron is the biggest question mark in the damn show.
- Ugh, Atwood, your son is more than likely dead already, sorry to say.
- "Strictly between me and the president." This seems to be the phrase of the day.
- Smooth, Kirkman, keeping Aaron in-yet-out at the same time.
- So, things are smoothed over between Aaron and Emily for now, but I just know it's gonna still be a bit awkward.
- "Tell the President it's game on." Hell yeah!
- And the noose tightens!
- ... Luke's dead. What'd I tell ya?
- I like seeing Emily and Seth as drinking buddies. Seth, pleeeeease stay good.
- OOOOOOOH THIS BITCH. You are not Hannah's lawyer dammit.
- Arlington. How appropriate.
- OOOOOOOH SHIT!! Well. That happened. That was season finale level stuff, dang.

Oh man. I love this show. Can't wait for tonight.

pariah164

New Wednesday, new Designated Survivor.

- Cane!Bauer is pissed.
- Good luck putting a spin on this while hiding the truth.
- This already isn't gonna end well.
- Aaaaand leak is happening. Bets on it being Aaron?
- Dammit Kimble.
- Emily filling in for Aaron... Nothing can go wrong, right?
- Wow, this is an awkward 'here's how to do my job' conversation.
- Taking the kids to Camp David...? Wow, so much for family holding it together. Also, Alex seems awfully desperate to leave...
- Poor Emily. Getting crap already.
- "I'm robbing her of her childhood." Dammit Kirkman.
- Wow, Atwood, way to be a dick to your only friend. I know you're going through tough shit, but Jesus.
- This Leonard guy needs to STFU and GTFO.
- Epic speeeeech.
- Aaron is meeting Langdon? Whaaaaaaat?
- Oooooooh next week gon be good.

Sorry for the double! This ep felt kind of slow, but I guess with the madness from last week, they needed to compress it a bit.

What I said last week about the writing being better since the break? Scratch that.

First we have a weird late night mugging turned just-kidding-it's-your-friends intervention. Like really? Who the fuck does that. And then they drag Seth to a bar and proceed to shit on his job and Kirkman and tell him to quit? With friends like that...

Then we have Kirkman's wife telling him that she's going to take the kids and move to Camp David, leaving her husband alone who just got out of the hospital and needs some serious marital support, because Penny has bodyguards at school? This is more unbelievable than the VP's wife doing a homicide/suicide.

And also Kirkman tells his Chief of Staff to take a hike for a week, like that wouldn't leak out to the press? And for what reason exactly if not punishment? Kirkman is the one with the lapse in judgment.

It was interesting seeing Rob Morrow from Northern Exposure playing the hard-living journalist. Haven't seen him since..well since Northern Exposure was still on the air.

What I said last week about the writing being better since the break? Scratch that.

First we have a weird late night mugging turned just-kidding-it's-your-friends intervention. Like really? Who the fuck does that. And then they drag Seth to a bar and proceed to shit on his job and Kirkman and tell him to quit? With friends like that...

Then we have Kirkman's wife telling him that she's going to take the kids and move to Camp David, leaving her husband alone who just got out of the hospital and needs some serious marital support, because Penny has bodyguards at school? This is more unbelievable than the VP's wife doing a homicide/suicide.

And also Kirkman tells his Chief of Staff to take a hike for a week, like that wouldn't leak out to the press? And for what reason exactly if not punishment? Kirkman is the one with the lapse in judgment.

It was interesting seeing Rob Morrow from Northern Exposure playing the hard-living journalist. Haven't seen him since..well since Northern Exposure was still on the air.

I almost got the vibe that Seth's friends were just trying to get info out of him at the bar. It seemed suspicious.

And I think Kirkman told Aaron to take a hike for a week because he doesn't trust him and just wants him out of the loop while they are trying to find more info on McLeish and the conspiracy.

I almost got the vibe that Seth's friends were just trying to get info out of him at the bar. It seemed suspicious.

And I think Kirkman told Aaron to take a hike for a week because he doesn't trust him and just wants him out of the loop while they are trying to find more info on McLeish and the conspiracy.

That was my guess when they showed up, but attacking someone is not the way to pump them for info. Very weird scene.

Not sure why Kirkman said he was "protecting" Aaron, but yeah that's the obvious answer. I have a feeling even if Aaron does end up having his name cleared, he's going to quit for having his loyalty questioned.

Meier

Still a week behind but watched about 4 episodes yesterday. Did not expect that twist at the end of episode 12. That was really good.

Line_HTX

Hey, it's that question from the official Twitter account after the 1st episode! Who named Kirkman DS and why.

And that shit remains unanswered, fuck...

Top Bottom