• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designated Survivor |OT| President Bauer Power Hour

Is next week seriously the midseason finale? Holy crap that went fast.
No, in addition to the artificial plot lengthening by no one in the FBI ever saying anything to anyone, they also did that annoying thing where they call it "The final episode...before the winter finale" so there's 2 episodes left.

pariah164

No, in addition to the artificial plot lengthening by no one in the FBI ever saying anything to anyone, they also did that annoying thing where they call it "The final episode...before the winter finale" so there's 2 episodes left.
Ah, fuck me running. They got me. I forgot ABC does that shit.

Feel like McLeish isn't blackmailed, just regretting getting involved a little. But fuck I hate blackmail subplots, though I guess it's supposed to be frustrating...

Apparently it's not the midseason finale next week, it's the week after (at least on UK Netflix). I wonder what the cliffhanger's gonna be. Either a death or attempted assassination of Kirkman I think.

i think he's being blackmailed. remember that his wife was frantically calling him shortly before the bomb went off about their daughter being missing? i think they snatched his kid too and told him to go into that bomb room. they probably still have his daughter.

pariah164

i think he's being blackmailed. remember that his wife was frantically calling him shortly before the bomb went off about their daughter being missing? i think they snatched his kid too and told him to go into that bomb room. they probably still have his daughter.
This is plausible/makes the most sense. We haven't seen the daughter, after all. She's probably being held by another of Catelan's associates.

Don't know but yeah I could at least see this as possible.

pariah164

Thoughts on/during the ep:

- So basically Kimble is just salty? "It was handed to him." Bitch, did you NOT SEE the explosion?
- "Why is this my problem?" Kirkman, never ask that question. It never ends well.
- Why are all senators in this show such ASSHOLES? "I have all this power." Please go fuck yourself.
- Man up, tech guy.
- Ah, foreign embassies. If Horatio Caine can find a way around it, so can you, Kirkman.
- I know Kirkman is not wholly responsible for his most recent mic drop/badass act, but it's still nice to see him do it.
- Saw the car crash coming miles away, but dammit, Wells was so fucking close.
- Aaaand we uncovered the obvious: TRAITORS.

P03bQN4.gif

Welp, I'm ready for the winter finale next week. For real this time.

Thoughts on/during the ep:

- So basically Kimble is just salty? "It was handed to him." Bitch, did you NOT SEE the explosion?
- "Why is this my problem?" Kirkman, never ask that question. It never ends well.
- Why are all senators in this show such ASSHOLES? "I have all this power." Please go fuck yourself.

LOL yeah.
Yeah, heh, knew there'd be a crash to slow her down.

Same here, really looking forward to the winter finale.

This show is turning out to be a pretty fun 24 remaster with Pres. Bauer on the other side of the desk.

Pretty sure Catalan was the one that talked his squad into war crimes and is still pulling MacLeish along today.

I was so sad he said traitor instead of mole. :'(
Well a mole isn't the same as actually committing mass murder of a government.

Also right after the whole "let's do dinner scene" there was a brief flicker where Aaron's entire expression changed as Emily turned her back.

Anyone else catch that?

I'm starting to feel like reality and this show are blending a bit too closely together, except reality is what happened if McLeish gets installed as President next season.

I hope Hannah has some Jason Bourne moves ready next episode. They'd better not take her evidence and leave us back at square 1. Is Kimble in on it too? The anti-McLeish thing may have been for appearances. If he's being blackmailed but Kimble is just part of the conspiracy, he may not even know about her. And after all, someone had to leak that classified document about the bombing. Very suspicious anyway. But perhaps Hannah was just being tailed already and didn't notice.

I'm pretty sure the secret service agent (Mike) is in on this. Probably Aaron and the congresswoman too.

But I would love if Kirkman was the bad guy all along, Walter White style.

old lady bauer show sucks, i kept watching but im done after ep6. only lasted that long because of Natascha McElhone aka Karen Moody and their chief of staff is House of Cards level badass

This show has such potential... but it's just pretty stupid. President Bauer puts in a great performance. The show feels like everybody is an asshole to the President for no reason.

I just hope it ends up turning into 24. I want more 24.

Rymuth

"There is a traitor among us..."

*dramatic music*
*fade to black*

YESSSSS~ YESSSS~ That cheeeeeese! All over me! Unffffffffffffff

Link

The Autumn Wind
This show has such potential... but it's just pretty stupid. President Bauer puts in a great performance. The show feels like everybody is an asshole to the President for no reason.

I just hope it ends up turning into 24. I want more 24.
Sounds like a pretty good representation of the last 8 years.

Velcro Fly

Barely recognized Jake Epstein in this show.

Also agree that part of the reason the plot is what it is would never in a million years happen. Someone blows up the capitol and almost all the federal government and the new president is definitely going to be getting daily briefings from the FBI. Obviously the weekly episodic format of the show spreads things out when in realtime this stuff could be happening over a matter of days.

If anything, a ridiculous "zoom and enhance" was overdue for this show.
Last week's Lethal Weapon had the worst of those i'd ever seen in my life.
I literally can't imagine it being topped.
An already shit quality video mentioned by the police, a Christmas tree 50+ feet from the camera, zoom in on a baseball sized ornament and perfect face reflection of a bad guy 5 feet away from the tree.

Tugatrix

It took some files forhim to have the inner Bauer coming out and start going after those damn "Terries"

They couldn't resist the cliffhanger

Kifimbo

The "hacking" scene was an insult to our intelligence.

Somehow, no camera picked up the fact that Hannah didn't have a regular car accident.

I'm no expert, but it seems weird to have an abdominal wound like that after a lateral car collision.

The guy Hannah killed in the woods having a keycard to the same room as the killer doesn't make sense.

If Aaron is the mole/traitor, why is the previous Chief of Staff still alive, and moreover why does he knows ?

If you are the enemy, I'm not sure what's the point of killing the president at that point. Why not ask MacLeish to poison him during any other day or something.

Tugatrix

The "hacking" scene was an insult to our intelligence.

Somehow, no camera picked up the fact that Hannah didn't have a regular car accident.

I'm no expert, but it seems weird to have an abdominal wound like that after a lateral car collision.

The guy Hannah killed in the woods having a keycard to the same room as the killer doesn't make sense.

If Aaron is the mole/traitor, why is the previous Chief of Staff still alive, and moreover why does he knows ?

If you are the enemy, I'm not sure what's the point of killing the president at that point. Why not ask MacLeish to poison him during any other day or something.

You're demaning too much from this show, this is one those where you just go with the cheese and the cheap trill

Kifimbo

You're demaning too much from this show, this is one those where you just go with the cheese and the cheap trill

Oh, that's why I'm still tuning in. But I still wish they would try harder.

It's even more frustrating because they are handling some other stuff smartly. Like the shooter opening the window at the last moment to make sure he won't draw any attention.

Tugatrix

Oh, that's why I'm still tuning in. But I still wish they would try harder.

It's even more frustrating because they are handling some other stuff smartly. Like the shooter opening the window at the last moment to make sure he won't draw any attention.

It's like they are doing it smartly but in the middle remember they are at network tv and downgrade the intelligent moments

I will always prefer weekly releases as opposed to bulk dump, but watching this latest episode after having caught up on Netflix gives me the bluest of balls.

sazzy

The way the episode ended and how the guy moved for the shot. Bye Kirkman's wife.

This.

Now President Kirkman will have a reason to turn into President Bauer.

A few other things,

1. why is Judiciary Committee needed to confirm the VP?

2. why is the swearing in of a VP a huge event?

3. why was there no 10 ft high bullet proof glass around the stage?

4. is Atwood's son safe?

5. there are 17 agencies in the US IC. why are there only 2 agents working to uncover the conspiracy?

Also, the 'we can be a great empire again' seems forced. Maybe they changed the plot a little because of Trump's victory? All the bad guys so far are certainly white.

March?? I'm so sick of these mid-season breaks.

The whole accident scene was so contrived. Hannah has her gun on her, yet she's running away in fear? What kind of FBI agent is she? And why would she bother wasting time running into the crowd when she knows exactly where the assassin is? I've never seen such incompetent good guys.

Either Kirkman's wife is going to get it or Emily is; those are the two closest VIPs to him. I'm going to go with Emily because she just found out the news about Aaron.

Top Bottom