• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designated Survivor |OT| President Bauer Power Hour

Ah, it's good to have DS back on TV.

- What a fucked up choice. That was some bullshit. What the fuck, governor-type people?! I knew he'd come out on the losing end of a difficult choice eventually, but damn, that one?
- Of course the bitch who started it all is the one from my state. Fucking aye.
- Aaron once again shows why he's my favorite character on the show. I hope none of that speech was a lie, because it was damn good.
- So the FBI Side-B plot is finally edging to mesh with the main story. About time; it's finally starting to go somewhere.
- I don't trust MacLeish as far as I can throw him. He's shady AF and I hope Maggie Q and Co. can burn that bridge into the ground.
- And the terrible paternity subplot pops up again. Seriously, can we just kill that storyline, bury it in cement, then hurl it into the Bermuda Triangle? It's cliche, it's dumb, I hate it so fucking much.

The last one is about legitimacy of parentage versus legitimacy of his presidency. He can be a father to all children/America etc

Lol

But seriously his show shows some of the fucked up Trump realities converging and at least in one world Kirkland can save the day

sazzy

I wished he had pushed back on the immigration thing - something like, let these 30 people here disembark, and 6 or 12 months, no immigration.

Am also pretty sure MacLeish is an unaware pawn of whoever Catalan/bomber is. For what reason, don't know yet.

I wished he had pushed back on the immigration thing - something like, let these 30 people here disembark, and 6 or 12 months, no immigration.

Am also pretty sure MacLeish is an unaware pawn of whoever Catalan/bomber is. For what reason, don't know yet.

Oh come on, Catalan is going to be the name of MacLeish's family boat - it's always a boat - and he'll mention its name or show it to Kirkman in a dinner conversation next week.

Elandyll

Banned

Unaware?

He went to a specially built shelter 10 seconds before the Capitol blew up.

Not sure you're going to get a second chance to meet with him dude.

LOL shocking, she didn't tell him.

ROFL, McLeish just strolls in.
"Let me save the bureau some resources." LOL, here's some docs.

pariah164

Gahhhh no new DS next week. ;_; At least we have this one to mull over.

- The paternity subplot is terrible. I HATE IT SO MUCH it feels so useless. More West Wing/24, less Maury Povich, plzkthx.
- It's amazing how a small shift in facial expression can shift Keifer Sutherland's face from woobie/adorkable president into Jack Motherfuckin' Bauer. Whenever I see it, I start grinning, because someone's gettin' Bauer'd.
- I love Bauer!Kirkman so fucking much.
- Finally getting some answers in the FBI Plot-B. So, we have Catelan, MacLeish, and the bitch who nabbed Atwood's son. Atwood dropped hints to Kirkman, fat lot of good that does now; Wells has to find a way to give the information she has to Kirkland. Out of everyone involved in this, she really has nothing to lose.

pislit

We already knew that
coach athlete legend
is a double agent during that entire scene. No need to tell us that Mr. President! LOL

Kadin

Another solid episode and now a 2 week waiting period for more. So glad I started this from day one and didn't go with my initial instincts that it would be a sub-par show.

Atwood is retarded. He could have easily gotten another meeting with Kirkman the next day and requested he meet with Kirkman alone.

This Leo plotline is utter garbage. I've had enough of it. Kirkman should just have this dick murdered, he's so annoying. Fuck this guy, Tom. Don't succumb to the blackmail and tell the kid the truth. Fuck.

Kirkman has a cabinet now?

I like how this three way trade is shot. A transnational three way spy trade that blew up in their face.

Great show, agree that it sucks that we're going to have to wait again for more.

Atwood is retarded. He could have easily gotten another meeting with Kirkman the next day and requested he meet with Kirkman alone.

I like how this three way trade is shot. A transnational three way spy trade that blew up in their face.

Yeah. It's crazy he didn't do that ASAP.

I loved the way they did Kirkman talking to the two of them, showing it in parallel. That was fun.

Shoulda known the Leo thing wouldn't end there...incoming Leo angst.

Good episode, but you would think if Atwood knew they were next that it would be sensible to move his family to a secure location. Also, he should've just knocked that girl upside the head and done some hacking on her phone.

Great show, agree that it sucks that we're going to have to wait again for more.

Yeah. It's crazy he didn't do that ASAP.

I loved the way they did Kirkman talking to the two of them, showing it in parallel. That was fun.

Shoulda known the Leo thing wouldn't end there...incoming Leo angst.

Good episode, but you would think if Atwood knew they were next that it would be sensible to move his family to a secure location. Also, he should've just knocked that girl upside the head and done some hacking on her phone.

My assumption is that Atwood is actually a very dumb FBI agent and the only reason he's in charge is because all the competent people died in the bombing.

Seriously. He must be functionally retarded.

sinkfla87

When The Following ended my fiancee and I were upset that we lost our favorite show to laugh at. Thank you Jack Bauer for filling that hole lol.

Good show and still worthwhile watching but it all feels very predictable and doesn't do anything better than similar shows before it (24, Homeland etc).

Same boring filler story - President's son
Typical kidnapping of a son/daughter
Can see the affair between the President's staff coming a mile away
Can see the journalist chick using Seth and him being in trouble for thinking with his dick

strafer

oh no...god no...the old keep a loved one hostage to use as leverage...god...we had that so many times on 24. Cant believe they are here too.

:(

That reporter is pretty though.

Tugatrix

I hope the real father is Carlos Bernard.

tumblr_lxm9px6oek1qapo3uo1_500.gif

RS4-

Fuck man, tired of this cliched shit.

Of course someone took Atwood's kid. Of course.
Of course the food guy is dude that killed the fake terrorist. Of course.

At this rate I expect Wynonna Earp to be the secret agent that saves Bauer, but only after Kumar dies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really lame that Bauer is "independent" as to avoid offending anyone.

I still hope that he's actually behind Catalan and that he's the villain.

sazzy

Bad episode.

CIA agent drops in out of nowhere. Clearly the CIA knows something but the President doesn't? An FBI agent has more solid connection inside the CIA than the President. How does that work? We found out this week that the President is the "First Customer" for all intelligence agencies (in real life news). Apparently not, according to the show.

Getting the head of the FBI to do what you want by kidnapping his kid is such a cop out. Hey, why not kidnap Luke instead, like an hour before the bombs went off?

Realistically, is it really that easy to get any head of a government agency to do what you want?

Felt really let down with this episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Imagine if the episode subverted your expectations?

"We have your son, do what we say or -"
BANG
"You... you shot me."
"My country or my son. After what happened to our nation, I'm ready to make that sacrifice."
Smash cut to black.

Sloane

Banned
I love that they have him mutter "dammit" and "sumofabitch" on a regular basis at this point, it's like they've already grown tired of the Kirkman character and just want him to become Jack Bauer again.

Other than that, show continues to be slow and dumb as fuck yet I'm not quitting on it -- somehow Sutherland manages to make this mess pretty watchable.

Imagine if the episode subverted your expectations?

"We have your son, do what we say or -"
BANG
"You... you shot me."
"My country or my son. After what happened to our nation, I'm ready to make that sacrifice."
Smash cut to black.
Heh, had exactly the same thought but I'm pretty sure this show will do anything but subvert your expectations.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, they're just going through the thriller cliches it seems. And yeah, I'm mostly just watching for Bauer as well.

It's too bad this isn't on Fox, because at least they could have just blew everyone's minds by having Tony Almeda show up in the season finale. lol

I was rewatching the latest episode and noticed that the basketball game on the TV, which both Aaron and Emily referred to as the Wizards, was probably not even an NBA game:

UQbpuol.jpg

1. The area behind the court is a wall and not a row of seats like in an NBA arena
2. The color of the letters on the floor is yellow (should be blue if it's in the Wizards arena)
3. This is how the Wizards' home arena looks like

They probably didn't have the rights to show an NBA game?

I just started this yesterday and its extremely cheesy and has a tone of cliches but overall its still very enjoyable. Looking forward to the next episode.

HardRojo

3 episodes in and I'm really liking it, a shame Netflix in my area doesn't offer more episodes at the moment, the 4th one will drop later tomorrow, with a single one every Sunday until the last Sunday of December when they drop all episodes up to the 10th one.

I'm definitely in.

Finally back on!

Edit: Yup, this FBI dude is idiot.
Actually, guess he might have just given her something of a lead.

She's so bad at staying hidden.
Saw that reaction coming a mile away Leo...

Ouch bro, Lisa doing it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Atwood what the fuck. YOU ARE AN IDIOT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

I don't even have to watch the episode to know that something stupid was going to happen with that.

Literally, in this show, if something bad can happen, it will happen. NO EXCEPTION.

I like that literally no one even brings up that he is obviously reading a script under duress.

More interesting is that McLeish might be being blackmailed also? That's at least what that last scene seemed to hint at to me.

pariah164

Okay, thoughts:

- Oh, yay, bioterrorism at the polls. Because why not. Makes me feel a lot better about opting to mail-in my ballot tho.
- Uuuugh that reporter needs to GTFO. Knew Lisa couldn't be trusted. I still hate this paternity thing. So. Fucking. Dumb. I hope it's dead and buried now.
- Atwood, why did you not pistol-whip that kidnapper on sight?! Uuuugh.
- WELLS!! WHY U DO DIS?! You literally have NOTHING to lose.
- Yaaay Kirkman speech!
- Also, MacLeash, Catelan, and Kimble, please die in fires, all of you.

Is next week seriously the midseason finale? Holy crap that went fast.

I like that literally no one even brings up that he is obviously reading a script under duress.

More interesting is that McLeish might be being blackmailed also? That's at least what that last scene seemed to hint at to me.

Feel like McLeish isn't blackmailed, just regretting getting involved a little. But fuck I hate blackmail subplots, though I guess it's supposed to be frustrating...

Apparently it's not the midseason finale next week, it's the week after (at least on UK Netflix). I wonder what the cliffhanger's gonna be. Either a death or attempted assassination of Kirkman I think.

ItIsOkBro

Definitely not a fan of where this show is going with this omnipresent organization pulling all the strings. Also is every episode gonna end with Maggie Q getting a cliffhanging and contrived communication from whoever? The show is at its best when it's about the President politicking.

pariah164

Definitely not a fan of where this show is going with this omnipresent organization pulling all the strings. Also is every episode gonna end with Maggie Q getting a cliffhanging and contrived communication from whoever? The show is at its best when it's about the President politicking.
Well, this is ABC, and they believe that, supposedly, shady conspiracies and cliffhangers lead to the best ratings (Quantico, Get Away With Murder, Scandal, etc.). I agree with you though.

Top Bottom