• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Male falsetto (Jason Derulo sucks a bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayden Thorpe from Wild Beasts is one of the first artists that comes to mind for me when I think of male falsetto. His falsetto comes off as effortless and he's able to transition between that and a raspier voice seamlessly. It's a shame they "evolved" into a synthpop band because some of their earlier stuff was like nothing I'd ever heard before.

Brave Bulging Buoyant Clairvoyants
Albatross

BadAss2961

KoECB8d.gif

He good

CLaddyOnFire

Neo Member
My fiance and I are watching The Voice this season, and one of the contestants (Chris Blue) has the smoothest, most effortless falsetto I've ever heard. This is on top of having a really beautiful tenor when not using his head voice.

Cover of "Love and Happiness" by Al Green

"Love on the Brain" by Rihanna
Not my favorite of his but the fact that he delivered a Rihanna song without having to transpose it down is incredible

My favorite version of "Superstition" I have ever heard. I'm sorry Stevie, but it's true

WATCH MY BOY STUNT ON THIS DUDE.
Poor RJ didn't know what he was getting himself into.

His ridiculous voice along with being a genuinely nice, goofy, and lovable guy has me convinced that he already won the show when there's still 10 other "competitors" left.

dlemarc

On the R&B side, I'll list some of my favorites because there's too many that are great.

Russell Thompkins Jr. of the Stylistics
Poogie Hart of the Delfonics
Eddie Kendricks of the Temptations
El DeBarge
Maxwell
Marvin Gaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom