• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosenthal reporting Lynn is gone if Cardinals get the right offer

Weird situation, tbh. They have to get something more valuable than the comp pick they'd get from giving him a QO, but as a rental #3ish starter his value is maybe not all that high. Dunno what happens.

zulux21

Gillaspie has been pretty terrible in the minors and had no real path to the majors. Still if you're the White Sox why not I guess.

yeah... the white sox traded a 30 year old reliver that isn't bad but isn't dominate for a prospect that was rated in the top 100 as recently as earlier this year.

if he doesn't rebound then eh, whatever jennings wasn't in the long term plans and I doubt they could have gotten a more interesting return.

if he does pan out though that will be great.

white sox are calling up Aaron Bummer who is the 28th ranked prospect in their org.
seems to have a really good fastball and not to much else :p

Arenado might have an advantage in terms of leading his team to the postseason for the first time since 09 (Goldy will have this too, since 2011). The voters love a narrative like that

Still hard to see them voting for a Rockie, especially one who has a lot of value tied up in elite defense. Arenado's an incredible player but there's a definite bias against the Rockies because of where they play.

(I think Goldy might get it if Rendon and Harper cannibalize each other's votes, fwiw)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Luiz Gohara is going to AAA after dominating AA. Thanks Mariners.

Oh and Touki Toussaint is going to AA after showing real development in A+. Thanks Diamondbacks.

When is Manfred going to stop bullshitting and admit the baseballs are juiced? There were 10 home runs hit in the Nats/Brewers game alone today.

What a shot awful deal my God...

It's easily appropriate for what went the other way. In fact the Mets aren't getting much of anything back for any of their tradeable pieces. The bigger news here is the idea that a Dominic Smith promotion is said to not be imminent. I hope that means in the next couple of days rather than 2 weeks-to-a month. Knowing the Mets it's probably the latter. Gotta get TJ Rivera more playing time in 2017 instead of, you know, turning a negative (the dreadful 2017 season) into somewhat of a positive by giving an extended look to Smith the rest of the way.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Luiz Gohara is going to AAA after dominating AA. Thanks Mariners.

Oh and Touki Toussaint is going to AA after showing real development in A+. Thanks Diamondbacks.
AAA rotation getting full, going to be trades soon.

A three win every day first baseman having a career year is not worth a crappy lottery ticket relief pitcher.

This is a horrible deal.

It's the best they could get back which is telling to say the least, did you want to keep him for some reason otherwise given his contract status? I mean they were parting ways one way or another so you might as well get what you can while at the same time opening up the position to get a first look for what might be a long-term solution.

BumRush

A three win every day first baseman having a career year is not worth a crappy lottery ticket relief pitcher.

This is a horrible deal.

A 1B we were never resigning vs. a 23 year old pitcher that has a 1.80 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 140 K in 124+ minor league innings. We have a bullpen issue. HOPEFULLY, Smith is part of the solution. I don't hate it.

A 1B we were never resigning vs. a 23 year old pitcher that has a 1.80 ERA, 0.96 WHIP and 140 K in 124+ minor league innings. We have a bullpen issue. HOPEFULLY, Smith is part of the solution. I don't hate it.

Wish we could have gotten a better pitching prospect in return but it's all about clearing space for Dom Smith.

Malo

Banned
Ken Gurnick

Alex Verdugo not in OKC lineup tonight and Yadier Alvarez not listed as Fri. starter for Tulsa. Both LAD prospects rumored trade pieces.

🤔

Hot-Stove.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom