• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I didn't follow the game, what's the story behind their arms(/hair?)? Are they mutilated character with robotic arms or what? How do they do anything with their arms other than punching? Do they have interchangable human-like arms?

Seik

Banned
I didn't follow the game, what's the story behind their arms(/hair?)? Are they mutilated character with robotic arms or what? How do they do anything with their arms other than punching? Do they have interchangable human-like arms?

They're all robot except Mechanica.

You can see if they're robots or not by checking if their eyes are in spirals.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's not fully explained and sort of a mystery. They weren't born like that and it replaces their limbs. CHaracters have no memory of how it happened just that it did.

They're all robot except Mechanica.

You can see if they're robots or not by checking if their eyes are in spirals.

They clearly aren't robots has characters are mentioned to have parents and to have lives before they recieve ARMS.

They woke up with them one day. Not even joking.

Forkball

Minmin is not only the best, she is still miles above everyone else.

Spring Man: So bad that it could only be described as Spring Man-tier

Ribbon Girl: A girl Spring Man. She's supposed to be an idol but looks like a cross between a cheerleader and superhero.

Ninjara: A very bland ninja. I like his story about him competing as a school project though.

Master Mummy: I kind of like the idea of a bulky mummy. When you think of mummies, you think of long and lanky monsters since they're organs were removed and they're nothing but bones and bandages now. It's a neat twist on the stereotype.

Mechanica: Not D.Va. She looks like a character from Astro Boy, and not in a good way.

Minmin: Genius in every way.

Helix: A pretty good freak fighter.

Kid Cobra: He's a skateboarding snake. Alright...

Byte and Barq: I like this duo. I was immediately reminded of Politank Z from Waku Waku 7.
tumblr_mvdzzomCji1qd9g7oo1_500.png

Twintelle: I think she's a way better celebrity design than Ribbon Girl, that's for sure. There will be fanart of her until the end of time.

I will say that almost everyone's name is terrible. It's like they held a meeting, and they went with the first thing someone said.

A: What do we name the DNA guy?
B: I dunno... Helix?
A: Perfect. What about the girl with twin pigtails?
B: Twin tails. Twintails. Twintelle.
A: You keep knocking them out of the park!

Lutherian

Kinda hard in fact, but I have a real preference for Kid Cobra and Twintelle (can't deceide witch one I like the most). Ninjara is also pretty cool.

cuate

Banned
not sure what makes spring man's design "bad" while a character like minmin "genius" . the latter is really bland and seems very pandery. i don't get the love.

fhqwhgads

1st. Helix
2nd. Minmin
3rd. Byte & Barq

On a side note I never realised the detail in Helix's body before. Nintendo has gotten scary good at putting in the effort in their official renders. Like how they make sure you can see every single hair on Mario's moustache these days.

Helix just because he's the most unique.

I really like the character designs I hope if the game sells like crazy they include some of these characters in smash/kart/some other spinoff since I have no interest in the actual gameplay I've seen.

Jazzem

Ninjara, Byte & Barq, Min Min and Mechanica are the ones that currently jump out to me. What a great roster though, love the crazy variety going on

Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Mechanica, and Twintelle all look dope. I like Spring Man's color scheme a lot, but not a fan of his hairstyle, and Helix is a fun-looking weirdo... Kinda looks like he's an alien Gumby or something.

Helix and Byte & Bark.

I should like the mummy, but I'm not really feeling the design. Something more like Anakaris would've been better.

I'd have to go with Min-min honestly. She's got a weird punk-rock meets delicious noodles vibe going and I really dig it. Runner up is Barq/Byte and they'd honestly be number one if I liked Barq's design more.

Edit: Which one is the police dog? Barq or Byte? EITHER ONE OF THOSE NAMES IS A DOGGO NAME.

ionitron

While Min-min was a "Yeah this is a clever design, nice and cute" kinda reaction, Twintelle was an instant "Hell yeah!" from me, so her. Look at her. So fab.

OryoN

I lol'd at the part in the Direct where Byte kneels down to pet Barq, and then they both look at the camera, lol

I'm think this is my current design tier list (and this is subject to change often):

01) Byte & Barq
02) Spring Man
03) Twintelle
04) Helix
05) Min Min
06) Master Mummy
07) Ribbon Girl
08) Ninjara
09) Mechanica
10) Kid Cobra

But I love all 10 characters. All 10 have great designs!

*Fist-bump*

Min Min just does it for me. She's got that stocky build like a weightlifter, looks like she could squat triple bodyweight and cause some serious damage.

Takat

Mechanica for me. I think it's such a novel concept to have someone inside a robot in a fighting game, and her constant animation is great.

TheTeacher

Neo Member
Kid Cobra, Min Min, Byte & Barq. Closely followed by Ninjara. I'm in love with the chose style. Can't help but smile when watching videos of it. Has all the ingredients of a good game. I hope they can pull it off. Sounds like Nintendo want ARMS to be an evergreen title. All the better for us!

Top Bottom