• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
Definitely Min Min for me, but the rest of the cast is fantastic as well.
I love how the Ramen theme is worked throughout her design.

One thing I couldn't help but to notice is how every character is wearing a mask or goggles. They all have something covering their face.

Galang

Banned
Spring Man, Twintelle, Ribbon Girl are tied for me. All are flawless. Ninjara is close behind that. If I reaaally had to choose one I guess I would pick Twintelle

Idk but Kid Cobra is by far my least favorite. Took me several seconds to understand what was even going on with him and his fist things look dumb as hell.

DrArchon

Min Min is top tier. Twintelle is great as well, but something about Min Min makes her stand ahead of the pack. Mechanica probably rounds out the top 3 for me.

None of the designs really irk me, which is nice. Closest is probably Kid Cobra and that's only because I think heterochromia is overdone in character designs thanks to anime.

1) Mechanica
2) Byte & Barq
3) Twintelle

Honorable Mentions) Spring Man and Min Min

Lovely bunch of characters which will all make amazing additions to the Nintendo family.

I'll take any of the two ARMS fighters for Smash, please and thank you.

Zedark

I like Byte & Barq, they seem so out of place but at the same time fit the theme of diverse fighters randomly selected to be ARMS fighters. Barq is so goofy, it's just cute, and the combination of the two just works for me.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo have really been playing for the undersexed pro-waifu market lately. Twintelle, Zelda's redesign in BotW, the Idol sisters in Splatoon, literally all of Fire Emblem, Sun & Moon's character designs, the list goes on. It's getting a bit creepy tbh.

Doorman

My personal favorite might still be Minmin, her initial reveal really struck me more than the original 5 and the elements of her design all tie together very well.

Going against the grain somewhat, I'm even a little surprised to find my second fave might be Kid Cobra? I like his colors and slippery movements combined with the extreme sports motif. My only real hang-up with him are his weirdo body proportions. He's got the physique of a Zelda NPC, with the super short legs and disproportionately-long torso. I get that it makes him more snake-like but it's really jarring compared to the rest of the cast.

Honorable mention goes to Barq pretty much entirely because of the aviator shades.

Worst character design in the game is
Biff.
Like what the hell even.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Nintendo have really been playing for the undersexed pro-waifu market lately. Twintelle, Zelda's redesign in BotW, the Idol sisters in Splatoon, literally all of Fire Emblem, Sun & Moon's character designs, the list goes on. It's getting a bit creepy tbh.

That's Gamefreak and intelligient systems both which aren't actually a part of Nintendo. Wonder who ends up winning this poll Minmin seemed like the clear favourite for a while.

To be honest, I like all of them, but Byte & Barq and Min Min are the two I really like. But when it comes to which one is my favorite...

Obviously, Min Min.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That's Gamefreak and intelligient systems both which aren't actually a part of Nintendo.

Splatoon, BotW, and ARMS definitely are Nintendo, though.

I'm not necessarily sure how intentional it is, I think the look is just 'in vogue' right now across the gaming world and designers across many different companies are following suit. I just find it frustrating because I think people are pretty keen to ignore the pretty sexist undertones to it all.

LotusHD

Banned

I mean, Twintelle ain't the only girl in Arms though, BoTW is the same game with the diverse Gerudo Town (not that I even understand your deal with Zelda to begin with tbh), don't get Sun & Moon either.

Fire Emblem, ok yea probably from what I've heard and seen; not familiar with Splatoon like that.

But uhh, it feels like you're overreacting tbh

RM8

Byte & Barq is the best thing ever. And I like the simplicity of Spring Man! You know he'll be in SSB at some point.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Splatoon, BotW, and ARMS definitely are Nintendo, though.

I'm not necessarily sure how intentional it is, I think the look is just 'in vogue' right now across the gaming world and designers across many different companies are following suit. I just find it frustrating because I think people are pretty keen to ignore the pretty sexist undertones to it all.

I mean the squid sisters aren't actualy sexualized remotely and Zelda has looked very similar to that in most of her incarnations so it's much of a change. Only real character that's outright and overt is Twintelle, and I think that has a lot to do with her influence from Bayonetta.

RRockman

Banned
I really like Twintelle and MinMin, but I might stick with Spring Man just because people really seem to hate his hair. Can't wait to go all "DORAORAORA" on them.

fhqwhgads

Like someone just said, Ninty knows that waifus are in fashion right now. Even HAL got Kirby in on it by having Susie in the latest game.

LotusHD

Banned
Only real characcter that's outright and overt is Twintelle, and I think that has a lot to do with her influence from Bayonetta.

And that's fine imo, there's other female characters that aren't as blatantly "thick" as her in this game (nor do they have her muscles), and there's really nothing wrong with having at least one character like that. Also she's the only PoC character with a noticeably darker skin tone in this game, so kudos for that representation. As long as characters aren't embarrassingly scantily clad, or follows an obvious pattern, I find it really difficult to call it "creepy" just because people find them attractive on the internet. The internet is always gonna do its thing, so yea...

----

Damn, Cobra still got 0 votes lol

peakish

Is having a female character playing for the "waifu crowd" now? I can't tell between the comments about Min-Min and now Zelda (as if she's so different in BOTW compared to the rest of that series).

Aleh

Min Min, Spring Man and Mechanica are my favorites, in this order.
But the others are all cool too and I can't wait till they add even more to be honest

Crayolan

A few of those are nothing new.

ARMS is by the Mario Kart team, same team which put Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina in skin-tight racing suits.

Idol Sisters are hardly sexy.

Nothing in Sun and Moon should be surprising when Skyla and Elesa exist.

Top Bottom