• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Totakeke

A few of those are nothing new.

ARMS is by the Mario Kart team, same team which put Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina in skin-tight racing suits.

Idol Sisters are hardly sexy.

Nothing in Sun and Moon should be surprising when Skyla and Elesa exist.

You take those words back. Next thing you're going to tell me is that Isabelle is not the hottest female character ever.

NEO0MJ

Looks like the old characters got neglected due to all the new hype and while Kid Cobra is good IMO he's almost no one's favorite XD

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Min Min
Twintelle
Mechanica
Kid Cobra
Helix
Byte and Barq
Ninjara
Ribbon Girl
Spring Man

Master Mummy

I think they're all fantastic, tbh. Matter Mummy is the only one that's kinda meh.

emb

Really like all the designs in general. Minmin's feels the most cohesive and appealing though. I think she's definitely the coolest of them.

Byte and Barq look pretty fun though. I'll probably play as them more.

NEO0MJ

also why does the stealthy ninja have chains for his arms

wouldn't that make more sense for someone like mechanica

It's inspired by a popular ninja weapon, the kusarigama.

kusarigama1.jpg

Minmin because she reminds me so much of Hana from Kangoku Gakuen. Twintelle is also top tier. Mechanica also gets top points as she is the only normal human among the cast.

Love the female cast of ARMS so much. For the guys, Master Mummy and Barq and Byte are my favorites.

Ribbon Girl and MinMin really stand out to me.

Really love the characters of ARMS even if they have some similarities to other characters.

MinMin especially since she is the closest video game character to Hana.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
They're all robot except Mechanica.

You can see if they're robots or not by checking if their eyes are in spirals.

It's not fully explained and sort of a mystery. They weren't born like that and it replaces their limbs. CHaracters have no memory of how it happened just that it did.

They clearly aren't robots has characters are mentioned to have parents and to have lives before they recieve ARMS.

They woke up with them one day. Not even joking.
Thanks, i guess it's still a mystery or maybe it will be fully explained in the final game.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Nintendo have really been playing for the undersexed pro-waifu market lately. Twintelle, Zelda's redesign in BotW, the Idol sisters in Splatoon, literally all of Fire Emblem, Sun & Moon's character designs, the list goes on. It's getting a bit creepy tbh.

Eh, it's not Nintendo's fault fans want to sex anything with eye-lashes these days.
Literally any girl in Japanese media seems to fall under the umbrella term "waifu". It basically means female character these days.

Granted, Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates was surely intentional pandering, but they reigned it in in Echoes, and nothing in Pokemon should be seen as such (but yeah, some fans are creeps and will ruin a children's games innocence). Zelda is fine. Again, it's a just a female character. Fans over blew that one shot of her from behind which is just straight up sad, and haven't played Splatoon but it looks pretty grounded to me.

I wouldn't let them ruin what looks to be a good game like this. Just take a step back from the fandom and view characters for what they are, rather than whats projected onto them.

Nintendo have really been playing for the undersexed pro-waifu market lately. Twintelle, Zelda's redesign in BotW, the Idol sisters in Splatoon, literally all of Fire Emblem, Sun & Moon's character designs, the list goes on. It's getting a bit creepy tbh.

If you cant see a women in a videogame as anything but "waifu" material, thats on you.

KHlover

Banned
Minmin because she reminds me so much of Hana from Kangoku Gakuen. Twintelle is also top tier. Mechanica also gets top points as she is the only normal human among the cast.

Love the female cast of ARMS so much. For the guys, Master Mummy and Barq and Byte are my favorites.

Really love the characters of ARMS even if they have some similarities to other characters.

MinMin especially since she is the closest video game character to Hana.

Finally someone who understands.

Maengun1

Helix and Min Min are the most appealing designs to me...Min Min if I had to pick

No final faves will be selected until I give everyone a couple test runs though

Morokh

Really close between Helix and Min Min (Voted the latter)

Ribbon Girl, Spring man, and Ninjara are the awful trio ... so bland ...

J@hranimo

Banned
Lol the poll is nothing but "waifu wars"

I like all the characters tbh. All very vibrant, distinct, and unique. Hopefully they give them some personality in Grand Prix mode.

DylanEno

I'll give you Zelda and Twintelle's ass and waifu wars the game, but Sun and Moon? Eh??

mas8705

Kind of a shame that Ribbon Girl is dead last in this poll (although if I could vote, I'd go with Byte and Barq since I love the concept of the team they bring).

That said, for Twintelle, I'm not shocked at all to see her dominating this poll. Hell, Kotaku did another one of their "internet react" articles on her and the reactions have been what you can expect.

It would be insane to try and post them all, but I'll post the one that made me laugh the most.

DAEK7eaXoAA1q5T.jpg

Zerojul

Byte & Barq for me but honestly there's a lot of awesome designs in there. Hell, I find all of them interesting for various reasons.

Top Bottom