• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Haruko

Twintelle for sure, but

can someone tell me why Spring Man has fidget spinners (well, 2/3 of them) on his gloves for part of his trailer?

exfatal

IoHkaX5.gif

f0nlshw.gif

this is an example of good taste folks. take note ;)

ALso in order of who i like

1. Twintelle
2.MinMin
3.Kid Cobra
4.Mechinca
5. Ninjaro / Ribbon Girl

Meier

I voted for Twintelle because she looks awesome, but kudos to Ribbon Girl who I think has a very nice design as well.

Ashodin

I had to vote for my bros B-Dubs

Also the mod who started the poll, you ain't slick, I see that NEELIX in place of Helix.

I bet it was you Nirolak

I like Ribbon Girl, Byte+Barq and Twintelle. Mechanica is good too. I'm maining Twintelle though because she is a QUEEN.

The rest of them are pretty good.

I'm really loving all of the designs but I'm preferring the newer fighters revealed. Twintelle is definitely my favorite, with Byte&Barq and Min Min a close second and third. Ninjara and Mechanica are probably my least favorite. Kid Cobra gets kudos for his hat/helmet thing looking like a cobra's hood from the back.

Brodnax

Now that i think about it would be great from Nintendo to put a fighter on a badass wheelchair. A fighter that had a tragic accident but recovered himself and now is an ARMS superstar.

LocalE

GAF needs to stop thinking with their dick. I know not all of the votes are due to that, but come on.

No thanks. Thinking with my dick has served me pretty well thus far.
What does it matter to you if people like thinking with their dicks? I really don't understand this sentiment. Is it just "stop liking what I don't like", or "I don't like thing", or what?

I can already tell, online everyone is either going to be Min Min or Twintelle lol. I personally like Min Min the best, will most likely be maining her.

Banned
Min Min and Ninjara for me. They look cool.

Min Min reminds me of a Beast Wars character so it tugs at my nostalgia string.

BW-toy_Quickstrike.jpg

Arozay

Min Min is the only decent one I think, though I think the spiral arm thing ruins the design of most of them.

Neiteio

Voted for Kid Cobra before seeing the results. Yikes.

Second favorite character I suppose would be Min Min.
I think Kid Cobra will be a lot more popular once people get their hands on the game. He's really cool-looking in action. I've been watching the randomly generated attract reel that plays if you idle at the Testpunch title screen, and I've seen a number of CPU matches featuring Kid Cobra. His squatting stance, long upper torso, cobra-shaped helmet-hood and slithering "dodges" just form a striking silhouette in action.

For once Im happy we can have a good and informative poll on GAF that doesnt feature Thanos or Thor 2 as joke entries.

Also happy to see Twintelle and Minmin easily taking over.

javac

I'm not actually taking to twintella as much as everyone else here, I think that it's her hair colour. I still think she's cool. I need to see more of her.

Shahadan

For some reason his hair and mask ruin the design for me

Maybe its the color combo too?

Not sure but in the CG reveal trailer it seems more reddish than pink to me and I thought it looked better. Kinda like joycons.

There is a blonde version iirc but I don't like it.
He looks better on art and promos anyway. They really screwed his ingame model imo.

I agree that there is something preventing it to be a great design but I can't quite put my finger on what.
Still the only one I'd buy an amiibo of, and would probably main in Smash instead of Shulk

Well like you're implying, it's a BS complaint outside of like maybe Fire Emblem (I don't play it, so no clue), as far as I can tell. Don't worry about it. Twintelle is great. Zelda's great. Cynthia is also great.

We're all great.
Outside of a few obvious examples like Nowi and Tits McGee from Fates (honestly can't even remember her name atm), the designs in the newer games aren't that pandering. The bigger issue is that they replaced the excellent artist from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn with a pretty generic artist for the 3DS games.

Now that i think about it would be great from Nintendo to put a fighter on a badass wheelchair. A fighter that had a tragic accident but recovered himself and now is an ARMS superstar.

If they make that character a girl, they can even pander to the Katawa Shoujo waifu crowd!

wartama

Neo Member
It's a crime Ribbon Girl is so low in the poll. Maybe if her alt scheme was the main one people would like her more.

Personally, MinMin is no. 1, followed by Neelix, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Spring Man. I like the concept and backstories of Mechanica and Master Mummy. Something about Byte and Barq doesn't sit well with me. I don't like the colour scheme of Kid Cobra. Twintelle left me in the cold until I saw her SLAP her opponent, after which I warmed up to her.

I bet the final boss of the Grand Prix is actually Biff.

Top Bottom