• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, this week's lineup is especially SUUUPERRR!!! First up, it's the North American debut of one of the biggest anime series to come along in years: the long-awaited Dragon Ball Super. With the Earth peaceful again after the rampage of Majin Buu, Goku has become a farmer (also he's alive again, don't ask, we'll get to that someday), and Mr. Satan is rolling in cash from saving the world once again. But wait there's more, as DBZ Kai is back again with the debut of the Buu Saga. It's 7 years after Gohan's victory in the Cell Games, and in the meantime he's become a normal everyday high school student...who also moonlights as a masked superhero for fun (ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUNCH). After that's it's back to Depression-era New York as Joseph Joestar faces off against the traitorous Straizo atop the Brooklyn Bridge. We're still not done with the new stuff, though, as Toonami gets its first taste of Universal Century Gundam in a long long time. A Neo-Zeon remnant group known as The Sleeves is seeking a mysterious item called "Laplace's Box" but a stowaway with the group aims to get there first in the debut of Gundam Unicorn. Later still, Gon is recovered from his injuries so it's time for him and Killua to finally get their real lessons in Nen, Tobi tells Sasuke of the history of the Uchiha and the founding of the Hidden Leaf, an exhausted Luffy stands against a monstrous shadow-powered Gekko Moriah in a furiously pitched final battle as the morning sun begins to rise above Thriller Bark, and finally Mumen Rider makes his last stand against the Deep Sea King when it appears no other hero remains.

8:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 1 - A Peacetime Reward: Who Gets The 100,000,000 Zeni?
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - 99 - Seven Years Later! Starting Today, Gohan Is a High School Student
12:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - 11 - The Game Master
1:00 - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - 1 - Departure 0096
1:30 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 33 - An × Empty × Threat
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 140 - Fate
2:30 - One Piece - 374 - Our Bodies Vanish! The Morning Sun Shines on the Nightmarish Island!
3:00 - One-Punch Man - 9 - Unyielding Justice

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's snowing, but I really need to see the Underworld movie today

My mom loves the Underworld franchise. It's her go to bad movies to watch on tv. We were talking about it the other day that maybe, just maybe, Kate Beckinsale is actually a vampire. That woman does not age.

bigkrev

My mom loves the Underworld franchise. It's her go to bad movies to watch on tv. We were talking about it the other day that maybe, just maybe, Kate Beckinsale is actually a vampire. That woman does not age.

I think I'm a year away from dying of old age, and the first Underworld came out when I wasn't 17 yet and thus had to wait for DVD.

Life is wild

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
booooooo, I hate being asleep when the awards get recorded. One of the few times I feel like I'd be able to contribute to the conversation. Oh well, should be interesting to listen to.

Not to mention, 3 day weekend with a rather decent line up tonight & the return to our regular scheduling.

Chase17

2 (kind of lousy) playoff games and then Toonami. Should be a good afternoon/night. Don't know anything about this gundam show so that should be fun.

Might even try and stay up through one piece.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ah...Toonami will be a good night for the most part.

This is right around where my Naruto knowledge drops off for a few years besides a synopsis of what happens but I'm pretty sure even this episode is a banger. One Piece is Real™ tonight though, I can assure you.

cntr

Banned
This week's episode is literally the worst episode of Naruto ever made.

There might be other episodes that are more unpleasant to watch, but this one is the worst.

Chase17

This is right around where my Naruto knowledge drops off for a few years besides a synopsis of what happens but I'm pretty sure even this episode is a banger. One Piece is Real™ tonight though, I can assure you.

Does it have (major spoilers)
the zolo/kuma stuff
tonight or is that still a little further out?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Does it have (major spoilers)
the zolo/kuma stuff
tonight or is that still a little further out?

Further out. One Piece is going to be great for a few weeks, then a couple of pretty good filler episodes before a new arc starts.

cntr

Banned
The reactions to the RE: 0096 opening will be interesting since i like it, but uh, it's very "Sawano"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm a tenth level dan of Naruto filler and that shit put me to sleep almost every week. Sometimes even interfered with my enjoyment of One Piece.

Jarate

Banned
that might have honestly been the worst filler arc ive ever encountered.

People shit on Captain Puzzle, but i'll take him and that arc any day over that Shitpooden filler. At least One Piece had those canadiens and twin powers

Man God

Non-Canon Member
that might have honestly been the worst filler arc ive ever encountered.

People shit on Captain Puzzle, but i'll take him and that arc any day over that Shitpooden filler. At least One Piece had those canadiens and twin powers

Captain Puzzle competes with the next One Piece filler arc that'll air at the end of this year for worst that show has to offer. Would be among the better Shitpudding filler arcs just on length alone.

Jarate

Banned
my least favorite One Piece filler is the stolen dreams arc way back in the day (I dont think we watched it)

Jarate

Banned
G8 sucks too. People overrate it a lot because it's the best One Oiece Filler, but by being One Piece filled, it sucks

Man God

Non-Canon Member
my least favorite One Piece filler is the stolen dreams arc way back in the day (I dont think we watched it)

I'll rank the ones up through where TOONAMI is.

G8
Logue Town two parter
The stolen memory one right after Davy Back
The one with the kids and the time travel
End of Water 7 shenanigans
Apis
Bounty Hunters

I don't mind any of them until the Bounty hunter one. The arc coming up soon I'd rank three. The Boss Luffy/Chopperman stuff I consider above even G8 because they are fun one/two offs.

WE FINISHED IT

OUR LONG 1000 YEAR PODCAST

Us after the podcast:

6b2b0ad758f34936e5ef82e17b61a9a4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom