• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They're gonna make a new episode promo for EVERY week?

At least for OPM, I understood since that was only 12 episodes, but for a long runner? Guess they have enough fate in Super doing well.....or it was an expensive show & they REALLY want viewer ratings to be high.

Moaradin

Oh wow, they actually addressed the block having a lot of long-running shows and little room for smaller stuff. They said they had plans.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
They are now explaining why Dragon Ball Super is up first, the simple reason is Super is brand new and an easier sell to the audience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, they actually addressed the block having a lot of long-running shows and little room for smaller stuff. They said they had plans.
That's good to hear. Just glad they kind of glad they acknowledge "uh, yeah, we have a ton of long-running SJ stuff at the moment, but don't worry, we have plans for shorter shows"

This the link to this week's pre-flight? Because the video isn't loading for me. Or is it not up yet?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Jojo is pleasing the network ratings wise so Toonami is pleased with it.
Yeeessss, glad to hear. Part 3 sounds like a sure-thing at this rate. If we can Part 4 in the future, that would be amazing.

I think the only questions I asked on Facebook that'd appear on this Q&A pre-flight was "will Gundam always be on the block" & "what was the inspiration for SARA's new look"

Thank you, I was trying to remember where else it could be streaming.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Can Toonami stop being an action block & expand genres?"

.......uh, that would go against what Toonami was about.....

Also, did I mishear, or did they briefly mention Soul Eater Not never hitting the block?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So TOM 4.0 was made in response to try & reach a younger boy demographic.

......as a teen boy, I was not into the tank engine look.

Now you've crossed the line

Not all OG DBZ was bad, by the time Cell ended they finally had a footing on who and what these characters were and Majin Buu Arc came out pretty good, even most of Kanzenshuu agrees that the Buu arc is 1 of the best voice acted DB arcs.

Wasn't most of the Falcouner score that people like not actually by Falcouner? I heard he took the credit of other people's work.

Yes, Faulconer was an asshole who took most if not all credit for his crew's work.

I have never read the drama surrounding the music before, and I have no clue how big of a prick Falcouner could theoretically be

All I know is is that the music made DBZ a lot better then what we got in Kai.

You should learn the drama behind it though, allot of people are still clueless as to why Faulconer doesn't do more DBZ stuff (Causal fans mainly, stupid normies.)

Here, this video is a pretty good summary of wtf happened and why Falcouner split from Funimation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlLI02pvQIU

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
blarg, more repeat/cliche questions

"u y no show the full op, it sucked when I was watching SAO S2"

"when's english version of DB Super coming?"

"stop f'ing marathoning shows, it's dumb"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
USA TV has 8 minutes of commercials, Japanese TV has 6 minutes for commercials, which is why OPs get shortened.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Now this is shocking, they answered why they don't talk about possible acquired shows, they fear that a streaming service will nab it from under them.

Now this is shocking, they answered why they don't talk about possible acquired shows, they fear that a streaming service will nab it from under them.

i can understand that, but it seems weird to talk about most requested shows for Toonami because you'd think streaming services could put two and two together there

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sand Whale & Me hitting March 18th.

Fan contest for Toonami anniversary, during March, you can vote for the different looks from the past, there's 4 different logos you can vote for.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone remember what the 4 different logos were that you could choose from? I only remember two, "gothic" & "bubble", plus one that DeMarco referred to as "Atari". I wanna say it was these four:

Raxus

Anyone remember what the 4 different logos were that you could choose from? I only remember two, "gothic" & "bubble", plus one that DeMarco referred to as "Atari". I wanna say it was these four:

Pipes (Also the most popular logo from DBZ 'Prince of all Saiyan" days)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oooh, this one?

I think that one replaced the 4th one, as that last one I posted was from 2013, so it probably doesn't qualify due to being when Toonami was revived.

Can someone post a summary of the q&a since its currently a blob of posts and I'd like to copy and paste the main info to some irl friends

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Give me a moment, & I can try to collect most of the more important info.

Edit: I think this is basically it?

- Super to get weekly "ON THE NEXT EPISODE...." promos
- They have plans for short running shows in the future & are fully aware most of what's on now are long running
- Super is up first before Kai since it's new & "easier sell" to the audience
- Jojo ratings have pleased the network
- There will be a fan contest to vote for the name of the worm, similar to how the Vindication was named
- They fear streaming services will try to snatch up shows Toonami might be looking into, which is why they don't talk about "possible" acquired shows publicly
- Preview of "Sand Whales & Me", it'll air March 18th
- March will be the 20th anniversary of Toonami, fan vote will decide what retro look the block will be changed to for the entire month (I want to say they'll do all 4, just the more popular one will be first)

Raxus

Can someone post a summary of the q&a since its currently a blob of posts and I'd like to copy and paste the main info to some irl friends

Allow me.

*ahem*

Your favorite anime is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Oh hey, my new 2TB HDD arrived, I should swap that on my PS4 so I can download UMvC3 & DR2 OTR"

*5 hours later*

..............damn it, am I STILL playing Ratchet & Clank?

Need to figure out the best way of transferring all the content over. I have a device that'd let me connect it via USB to my laptop or PS4, should I just cloud-save all my save data, then do a transfer on the PS4 itself, then swap them?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't help but be reminded of that moment from YGO Abridged where Joey & Kaiba clearly state their hatred for another, then cut to an Adult-Swim style screen with "Fan-girl translation: They must like each other!!"

I think what I got from reading my nominations for this year was that early 2016 started off terribly then got progressively better, starting around the time Champloo, IBO and HxH started airing, to the point where 2016 ended on a very high note.

Also, I just want to say that 2016 was a really barren year in terms of anime watching for me. No matter what I wanted to watch, I just couldn't actually stick to it. Even watching all the DBZ movies/ova's took way longer than it should have. So being able to get at least 2 hours of anime on Saturday night, all while group watching with some fine people on the internet has made it a lot more tolerable for lack of a better term. Having been a part of Toonami GAF for more than a year now, I have to say I'm glad that I've managed to stick around. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2017 has to offer for us and Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom