• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Tom Nook

Need advice on RB2; STD league.

I'm starting Ty as RB1.

McCoy vs Den
or
Hyde vs LAR

Leaning towards putting McCoy on the bench because of Den Def stoping Zeke last week.
Hyde is the only offense at SF and did well vs SEA.

Or start McCoy being ranked higher?

Thanks

dakilla13

I'm starting Ty as RB1.

McCoy vs Den
or
Hyde vs LAR

Leaning towards putting McCoy on the bench because of Den Def stoping Zeke last week.

Thanks

I'd start Hyde. The Redskins were tearing up the Rams on the ground.

I'm starting Ty as RB1.

McCoy vs Den
or
Hyde vs LAR

Thanks

I don't really know what's going on with McCoy(as I don't own him) but I don't really understand why Hyde is so underrated. I guess most people don't want to draft/have him since he's never finished a full season. Hoyer is struggling and he's the only bright spot on the team. I forget where, but so far out of the 2 games this season, he's averaging 5.0 yards per carry. McCoy is beastly in his own right, but as you said they did stop Zeke last week. The Bills don't have any good receivers either so i'm assuming they're going to stack the box(but who the fuck knows)

Joe

Any suggestions on which RB to pickup from this list?
screenshot_240.png
screenshot_241.png

This is my current RB situation:
screenshot_239.png

I have an empty bench spot and my RB depth is turning out to be very shallow

Any suggestions on which RB to pickup from this list?
screenshot_240.png
screenshot_241.png

This is my current RB situation:
screenshot_239.png

I have an empty bench spot and my RB depth is turning out to be very shallow

the only worthwhile names are thompson and breida (due to hyde's injury history)

the rest you're pretty much gambling for the starters to go down

I think i'd also drop blial powell and take a lottery handcuff since the jets are a big dumpster fire while godzilla takes a giant shit on it

Joe

I'd pick up Thompson

the only worthwhile names are thompson and breida (due to hyde's injury history)

the rest you're pretty much gambling for the starters to go down

I think i'd also drop blial powell and take a lottery handcuff since the jets are a big dumpster fire while godzilla takes a giant shit on it

Thanks! Thompson it is.

I'm going to drop Bilal Powell and Mike Wallace if they don't get productive in the next week or two.

PillarEN

Not saying you shouldn't make any changes, but I personally like to see how things go through 3 weeks before making roster changes not forced by injury.

Tom Nook

Trying to get Bucs Def. If Bradford plays, switch to a flyer Def like Miami or Packers since they play against bad teams.

Shoulda picked up a rb or te off the waivers but went with JJ Nelson. Hopefully he continues to dominate. He's the #2 receiver in our league right now.

I didn't bother with the waiver wire this week, one dude nabbed Witten and Siemian because they ain't performing there

I lost Week 1 because Brees is a douche and threw to Ingram three times in a row and Week 2 because Jordy got hurt

PRAAAAAAAAAY TO THE SUN GOD

I didn't bother with the waiver wire this week, one dude nabbed Witten and Siemian because they ain't performing there

I lost Week 1 because Brees is a douche and threw to Ingram three times in a row and Week 2 because Jordy got hurt

PRAAAAAAAAAY TO THE SUN GOD
Didn't wanna sign Hollywood Higgins Bronson.. sad.

Jarnet87

Trying to get Bucs Def. If Bradford plays, switch to a flyer Def like Miami or Packers since they play against bad teams.

Just something to think about: Case Keenum has beaten the Bucs twice in recent years with the Rams. Yes the Bucs defense is better now but it's in Minnesota and he has much better weapons around.

Should I even bother with Sammy Watkins anymore?

I wouldn't drop him yet in the hopes he can develop some chemistry with Goff, but I am not starting him with any confidence either.

Going on a flyer and starting the eagles d against a very suspect giants team.

Did the same. Last time Eli played in Philly he threw three ints.

ended up with jason witten (since graham's hurt and the hawks look like dog shit)

Someone ended up dropping Cousins but he's looked really bad the last couple of weeks (first 2 games + preseason)

hopefully no one picks him up since I figured to stick with road big ben(barf) this week

TylerD

I have 2 questionable TEs right now in Eifert and Graham. Waiting on their statuses to see if I need to pickup another or drop one. Picked up Cutler vs the jets to play over Mariota vs Seahawks while I hold Luck for another couple of weeks to see how that might pan out.

Decided to drop Cardinals for Ravens because they were available, I like to tinker, and I think their offense will cause the D problems for a while.

1-1 with the 2nd lowest scoring in the league so far

gutshot

What does everyone think of this trade for me?

Trade McCoy for Jordy Nelson and Jordan Howard

I'm buying low on two guys who are banged up, but as long as the injuries aren't long-term, they should be solid the rest of the way. Here is the rest of my roster (we start 2 RB/2 WR/1 FLEX with Standard scoring):

RB: McCoy, Gurley, Buck Allen, Tarik Cohen, Blount, Powell, C. Johnson
WR: Hilton, Crabtree, Garcon

Talamius

RB2 slot: Mark Ingram or Chris Carson? I am really intrigued in Carson and may try him this week.

Ingram has to play Carolina's D which has looked like the 85 Bears through 2 games.

Zeke is my RB1.

McBryBry

I have Julio, AJ, Landry, Cobb, Desean Jackson, Tate, and Rishard Matthews at WR and Bennett at TE.

Wanna try to get Graham on my bench until he gets good. What's a fair offer?

I know the Giants backfield is awful but as a Perkins owner, would Darkwa be the better RB to have on my bench at this point? Vereen is taken and the FA available is close to nothing right now.

Tom Nook

Just something to think about: Case Keenum has beaten the Bucs twice in recent years with the Rams. Yes the Bucs defense is better now but it's in Minnesota and he has much better weapons around.

I wouldn't drop him yet in the hopes he can develop some chemistry with Goff, but I am not starting him with any confidence either.

Did the same. Last time Eli played in Philly he threw three ints.

Thank you.

Eagles are available on waivers and will start them instead of Bucs.

TE situation: Dropped Clay and picked up Witten but still eye on Hunter Henry.

Jarnet87

I know the Giants backfield is awful but as a Perkins owner, would Darkwa be the better RB to have on my bench at this point? Vereen is taken and the FA available is close to nothing right now.

A ESPN Writer who covers the Giants thinks this could be the week Darkwa is set for more touches. This was in regards to McAdoo's comments about changing up the offense and possibly giving up playcalling duties. Could be worth the gamble, don't think you are risking much as their run game is atrocious.

Guys im not off to a good start in my league, need some advice.

Should i keep using Russell Wilson, or bring Alex Smith off the bench this week?

ZOONAMI

Man, DJ going down and Andy Dalton as qb2 with an apparently awful o-line has basically tanked my season. I'm now running cutler out there as qb2 and Hyde and jacquizz as my rbs. I also lost Allen Robinson (honestly probably not that huge of a loss), so I have Cooper, Tate, Sanu, Rashard Higgins, and Kearse for WRs. Jimmy Graham is also doing nothing so I picked up hunter Henry off waivers.

Gonna be a long season.

I'm scared to go with Matt Ryan on the road against the Lions. Career wise, he's been subpar on the road, even with a great offense. My only other option is Ben at Chicago, but Ben is pretty subpar on the road as well. I'm thinking about picking up Alex Smith and starting him against the Chargers in LA. Thoughts?

A ESPN Writer who covers the Giants thinks this could be the week Darkwa is set for more touches. This was in regards to McAdoo's comments about changing up the offense and possibly giving up playcalling duties. Could be worth the gamble, don't think you are risking much as their run game is atrocious.

With my luck I'll drop Perkins for Darkwa and Perkins will wind up with 80yds and a TD this week lol

bigkrev

I'm scared to go with Matt Ryan on the road against the Lions. Career wise, he's been subpar on the road, even with a great offense. My only other option is Ben at Chicago, but Ben is pretty subpar on the road as well. I'm thinking about picking up Alex Smith and starting him against the Chargers in LA. Thoughts?

While it is a road game, it is in a Dome, which isn't the same thing as a Dome QB going on the road to an outdoor stadium

I'm leading my league undefeated with the most points but have a tougher matchup this week where every point counts.

I dropped Packers defense for Eagles. I think Eagles looked powerful vs Kareem and can continue to hold against damage, but I'm not super passionate about my options (Packers / Steelers / Eagles). Otherwise everyone got everyone I wanted on waiver wire -_-

Yo Tom Nook, Jaquizz Rodgers or Jamison Crowder?

They both have bad matchups this week. My only other options is Anderson(Jets) or Hogan. And hogan is sorta hurt
😆

Should I have 3 RBs playing (One in my FLEX)? The RBs being Shady, CJ Anderson, and Dalvin Cook.

Or.

2 RBs (who should they be?) and a WR in Flex? Either Terrele Pryor and start Devante Parker, or Devante Parker and start Terrele Pryor? I have Doug Baldwin on lock. I believe in him even though their o is ass.

Tom Nook

Yo Tom Nook, Jaquizz Rodgers or Jamison Crowder?

They both have bad matchups this week. My only other options is Anderson(Jets) or Hogan. And hogan is sorta hurt
😆

I go with Rodgers.
Rodgers is the Bucs #1 RB; Martin is not back yet. I believe Crowder is #3 after Reed and Pryor.

ZOONAMI

Should I have 3 RBs playing (One in my FLEX)? The RBs being Shady, CJ Anderson, and Dalvin Cook.

Or.

2 RBs (who should they be?) and a WR in Flex? Either Terrele Pryor and start Devante Parker, or Devante Parker and start Terrele Pryor? I have Doug Baldwin on lock. I believe in him even though their o is ass.

Play all the rbs as they are all basically receivers too with a higher floor for volume. Kicking myself for not drafting cook thinking murray would be a bigger factor given his contract.

Top Bottom