• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

RickAstley

Neo Member
Any opinions on this trade:

Give : Doug Baldwin; Mike Gilislee

Receive: Michael Thomas

I have AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Emmanuel Sanders as my other WRs.

I have Gurley, Lamar Miller, and CJ Anderson as my other RBs.

At this point I have no trust in the SEA offense but have faith in Brees throwing TDs

Thinking about trading Terrele Pryor for Gronk. Thoughts?

My WR depth is: Doug Baldwin, Terrele Pryor, Devante Parker, Kenny Golladay, Kendall Wright so it's not the best.

My TEs are Eifert and Hunter Henry so I'd be giving one of them away as well, most likely Eifert.

mr2xxx

Banned
Who should I drop for Doyle? Eifert or my back up QB Wilson (Matt Ice is my starter). 10 man league so some decent QB options still available.

Thinking about trading Terrele Pryor for Gronk. Thoughts?

My WR depth is: Doug Baldwin, Terrele Pryor, Devante Parker, Kenny Golladay, Kendall Wright so it's not the best.

My TEs are Eifert and Hunter Henry so I'd be giving one of them away as well, most likely Eifert.

Pryor/Eifert for Gronk? Do it!

What does everyone think for Defense?

Raves vs Jags

OR

Green Bay vs Cincy?

I can't decide. I feel like the Jags have the best potential to cough up some pick-6's, but the Bengals are the best bet to score 0 points.

At this point I have no trust in the SEA offense but have faith in Brees throwing TDs

I wouldn't do it. Baldwin always balls in the second half of the season and Gillislee will continue to be a TD machine.

Thomas hasn't shown us all that much either now that he actually he has to be the #1 option.

Jarnet87

Absolutely not. It's not even like Michael Thomas is having that great of a season so far. This early in the season some people are still holding onto what a guy did last year, which if you do that Baldwin and Gillislee (Blount) would be both top 10 finishers in their position. If you want to sell on Baldwin wait til he has one of good games and then try and move those two for a top 5 RB or WR.

Should I accept this trade?

I'm being offered Travis Benjamin and I'm giving up Chris Conley.

Not a huge trade, but I drafted Conley in hopes to have him as a keeper.

juicyb

So with Cam banged up and Kelvin Benjamin seeming to have some ailments, should I bench him (Benjamin) and put in Jamison Crowder for my W/R spot? Non-PPR

Managed to snag Javorious Allen RB for the Ravens, so hoping he pans out better than my Kerwynn Williams waiver grab last week.

ZOONAMI

Benjamin being questionable and Olsen being out, plus the New Orleans match-up has me really wanting to start Funchess, but not if Cam is ailing.

I'm gonna roll with funchess. Limited at practice on a Wednesday I think he'll be good to go. If cam didn't practice at all I'd be more concerned.

It's almost too good to be true though so funchess will probably end up with like 4/40 line and my fantasy season will continue to tank.

I actually think funchess is more skilled than Benjamin and the panthers have openly talked about him being under utilized, so he's worth a roster spot at least. Has a realistic chance of overtaking kb over the season imo.

He has legit mad skills and if any time is his time it's this season. I'm for sure overly optimistic on a ww add after losing DJ, Robinson, and basically Dalton though.

Higgins on the browns I also think is a great pickup. Garbage time galore numbers incoming.

I drafted the texans defense early(for a defense) and they've let me down. I'm going with the titans DST against the seahawks

Should I start Simeion over Jamies Winston? He's got a good matchup and has done well so far...

Soroc

looks like demarco murray didnt practice today, hopefully the titans rest him this week so i can start henry and not have to start mccaffrey(in non ppr)

Man I hope the same thing. Would make it easy for me to bench Crow and put Henry in as my RB2 for the week.

Benching the Cards defense this week and picked up the Packers D in FA for hopefully a nice boost this week to cover for Garcon as my WR3 which I'm skeptical about this week with a Thurs night game and Hoyer throwing...

ZOONAMI

I drafted the texans defense early(for a defense) and they've let me down. I'm going with the titans DST against the seahawks

You are honestly better off streaming defense every week based on match-up. Last 2 years league champ speaking. I'm going with pats D this week. I've never kept a D for an entire season. I also steam my IdP spot based on qb, oline, and rb match-up.

My main league is kind of an oddball though as there are no limits on transactions and its completely free to do whatever you want as long as you pay the season dues. I basically demolished my entire bench this week and it's cool.

You are honestly better off streaming defense every week based on match-up. Last 2 years league champ speaking. I'm going with pats D this week. I've never kept a D for an entire season. I also steam my IdP spot based on qb, oline, and rb match-up.

I can see why that would work well, it just seems so tempting when you have all your starters filled out to take a top 5 defense, but you're right, it's unpredictable

ZOONAMI

I can see why that would work well, it just seems so tempting when you have all your starters filled out to take a top 5 defense, but you're right, it's unpredictable

Yeah even if it's a great D and they're playing pats, KC, GB, Atlanta, Oakland, Detroit, etc, you can be pretty sure it won't matter and they will give up at least 21 points.

You can roll with an elite D for much of the season but imo it isn't worth a fixed roster spot given injuries and byes for everything else going on. Even an elite D will probably give you 0 or negative points at least 5 times a year

Same goes for IDP, a fucking stud is still gonna have a ton of match up duds so it's better to play the match-ups stud to stud given there are literally a ton of available idP awesome players every week unless you play in some idP centric weird league.

This is how you can win even if your offense sucks on a given week. Literally a good dst and idP match up can give you 40 points you didn't expect.

Omadahl

Banned

Yep. No point in sticking with someone unless they have a pretty favorable schedule or you have space on your bench. I'll probably drop some trash player this week to pick up a better defense but I want to hold onto the Panthers as they've been solid. No defense withstands the Saints though. It's always a shootout.

My main league is kind of an oddball though as there are no limits on transactions and its completely free to do whatever you want as long as you pay the season dues. I basically demolished my entire bench this week and it's cool.

Yep. No limits on our transactions either. I've missed one playoff in 10 years and my team rarely has more than 4-5 of my original drafts by the end of the season.

ZOONAMI

Yep. No point in sticking with someone unless they have a pretty favorable schedule or you have space on your bench. I'll probably drop some trash player this week to pick up a better defense but I want to hold onto the Panthers as they've been solid. No defense withstands the Saints though. It's always a shootout.

See above. Drop the D. It's not worth the roster spot you could be doing better with.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Depends on the league. 16 team leagues or ones with deep benches can frequently encourage people to hold or stockpile defenses resulting in there being nothing but crap like the Bears or Saints to stream. I also once had a league where the bottom 16 defenses we're more likely to lose points than gain points in any given week, making it a better idea to just have no one starting than to stream a defense. But that's not the norm at all.

I'd say half the "skill" in drafting is just knowing your league's rules and point distribution.

phanphare

Banned
yeah I went ahead and dropped the panthers defense. saints, patriots, lions coming up wouldn't start them for any of those match ups and I don't love the eagles match up the next week either. bears is nice but then tampa, atl, and miami all good to great offenses then the glorious jets match up but then the saints again. so really only two match ups (barring injury to key pieces of those offenses) that I'd feel comfortable rolling them out for the rest of the season = drop.

ZOONAMI

Depends on the league. 16 team leagues or ones with deep benches can frequently encourage people to hold or stockpile defenses resulting in there being nothing but crap like the Bears or Saints to stream. I also once had a league where the bottom 16 defenses we're more likely to lose points than gain points in any given week, making it a better idea to just have no one starting than to stream a defense. But that's not the norm at all.

I'd say half the "skill" in drafting is just knowing your league's rules and point distribution.

Yeah, a 16 team league definitely changes the calculus.

A 12 league honestly does give you about 4-8 teams to work with every week on defense, as there are usually a few others into streaming D. Usually based on match-up one of those freely available teams will give you more points than whatever you already have.

Thats true, my 12 team league has a roster size of 18 so it's not too tough to justify keeping that extra defense

Servbot24

Banned
Who do you all like between my running backs? Terrible season for injuries so none of these stand out to me.

James White
Gillislee
Tarik Cohen
Buck Allen

Allen had big numbers last week... I also have to think White is going to get some receptions this week given how depleted Pats are at WR.

flkraven

Help!

I can start 2 (PPR):

Carlos Hyde RB vs LAR
Davante Adams vs CIN (And Cobb possibly out)
Terrelle Pryor vs OAK

Already benching Diggs vs TB, Gillislee vs HOU, and Benjamin vs NO (b/c he might be injured).

Who do you all like between my running backs? Terrible season for injuries so none of these stand out to me.

James White
Gillislee
Tarik Cohen
Buck Allen

Allen had big numbers last week... I also have to think White is going to get some receptions this week given how depleted Pats are at WR.

Isn't Terrence West still injured? Baltimore has the best matchup RB defense wise out of your players.

Tall4Life

James White
Gillislee
Tarik Cohen
Buck Allen

I like Gillislee and Buck Allen right now. If you're in a PPR league, James White is good too. Not convinced on Tarik yet

PillarEN

As far as I can tell Kelvin Benjamin is probably fine for Sunday. I am playing a slightly dangerous game holding on to two suspended players. One being the Tampa RB who is my fourth RB. The other being the Browns wide receiver who is a complete question mark for possible return unlike Martin who is back just in time to relieve one of my bye week RBs.

James White
Gillislee
Tarik Cohen
Buck Allen

I like Gillislee and Buck Allen right now. If you're in a PPR league, James White is good too. Not convinced on Tarik yet

I would rely on Chicago RBs (Howard and Cohen to bail you out of a jam. I'm so sad I made Howard my keeper :( that is failing terribly). Of the options, I would go Allen and Gillislee

As far as I can tell Kelvin Benjamin is probably fine for Sunday. I am playing a slightly dangerous game holding on to two suspended players. One being the Tampa RB who is my fourth RB. The other being the Browns wide receiver who is a complete question mark for possible return unlike Martin who is back just in time to relieve one of my bye week RBs.
Put Corey on IR and pick up Reshard Higgins if you have an IR

PillarEN

Put Corey on IR and pick up Reshard Higgins if you have an IR

The two players I meant (cause the names slipped my mind) were Josh Gordon and Doug Martin.

No IR in our league. We start with fresh drafted teams each season. I'm mainly concerned about any RB injuries before week 5. Cause I use two RBs and then another RB for my flex. Including suspended Martin I have 4 RBs. Josh Gordon is expendable if he is denied league entry again as I have 3 WRs on the bench anyways (4 with Gordon). I just took a chance and dropped a back up TE who I didn't need cause Gordon on the field is hopefully still a killer player.

EDIT: I was more or less just talking into the air, but wanted Fantasy Football GAF to hear my benign struggle lol.

The two players I meant (cause the names slipped my mind) were Josh Gordon and Doug Martin.

No IR in our league. We start with fresh drafted teams each season. I'm mainly concerned about any RB injuries before week 5. Cause I use two RBs and then another RB for my flex. Including suspended Martin I have 4 RBs. Josh Gordon is expendable if he is denied league entry again as I have 3 WRs on the bench anyways. I just took a chance and dropped a back up TE who I didn't need cause Gordon on the field is hopefully still a killer player.
You're better dropping Gordon instead of hoping he comes back in time to make an impact. I would try and see about getting him later off waivers again. Of the Browns WRs, i'd get Hollywood Higgins since he is going to be Kizer's best friend against a very suspect D.

I am so gunshy on Jordy this week since he cost me a Week 2 win

I wanna sit him for Cohen or at best FLEX him
I understand Bronson.. but I wouldn't sit him for Cohen. I'm not trusting Chicago RBs right now.

Start Jordy and see if Rodgers gets back on track with Jordy back presumably healthy

I understand Bronson.. but I wouldn't sit him for Cohen. I'm not trusting Chicago RBs right now.

Start Jordy and see if Rodgers gets back on track with Jordy back presumably healthy

If Jordan doesn't play I'm all in on Cohen at FLEX unless Ajayi is hurt too

Is Higgins good? Should I scoop him? I'm weak at RB since Woodhead went down so I don't really need another WR unless he's a goodun

Doh! Higgins is gone. Not surprising in a 12 team league. I guess I hold on to the wild card Gordon for now.
He was my top target on the wire after Corey got hurt. He cleaned up nicely when he got in and is turning out to be a nice practice squad stash for us.

If Jordan doesn't play I'm all in on Cohen at FLEX unless Ajayi is hurt too

Is Higgins good? Should I scoop him? I'm weak at RB since Woodhead went down so I don't really need another WR unless he's a goodun
He came up from Practice squad a few days before Ravens game and really exceeded expectations and was Kizer/Hogan's best friend (as most of their picks were passed to him). 7 catches 95 yards.. you could do worse with picking him up

Tarik is fine at flex I guess.. but eh..

Jarnet87

[KoRp]Jazzman;249555399 said:
Chris Thompson on Washington or Matt Forte as a second flex start?

I dont see the Redskins being able to stop the Raiders offense which could mean a lot of work for Thompson

He came up from Practice squad a few days before Ravens game and really exceeded expectations and was Kizer/Hogan's best friend (as most of their picks were passed to him). 7 catches 95 yards.. you could do worse with picking him up

Tarik is fine at flex I guess.. but eh..

Hmmmmmm. I'm good at WR for now I think. I'll see what shakes out.

My leagues are PPR so Cohen is gud, even is Howard is out

bit the bullet and dropped big ben for cousins(after someone dropped him prematurely?)

I think big ben will have an adequate season but he has 2 road games coming up and then plays the jags at home

I'm hoping after that, either cousins turns it up a notch/and or luck is almost ready to come back

can't wait to see how this will ultimately backfire on me in about 6-8 weeks lul

gutshot

Someone dropped Jamison Crowder in my league. Is he worth putting in a waiver claim on? My WR depth is really thin, at the moment.

Top Bottom