• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

I gotta pick 3 to start this week (2 WR's and a Flex)! 0.5 PPR 12 man league, and I'm really regretting my 'team of WR2's' approach. It's gonna suck trying to pick my lineup every week :

Martavis Bryant @ CLE
Davante Adams vs SEA
DeAndre Hopkins vs JAX
Alshon Jeffrey @ WAS
Darren McFadden vs NYG
Mark Ingram @ MIN

Adams and Jeffrey. You should do fine since I'm not in the league this year. :D

Jims

That's a pretty common issue with auctions. You just have to mindful of how people spend money early to anticipate how the draft is going to go later. How big is your league?

12 teams. I think I didn't expect how many people were just going to skip the $40-$25 range. Had two owners wait 28 and 29 nominations before finally winning a player (DeMarco Murray and Amari Cooper). And then had another owner spend $26 on Drew Brees and then spend $6-$19 on 13/15 of the other roster spots. Kept waiting on the guy to pull the trigger on one of the $25-$30 RB/WRs and he just never did. It was very strange.

In hindsight, probably should've skipped A.J. Green after getting both Gordon/McCoy early. Jordy went for $57, Mike Evans at $58, and A.J. was just sitting there at $47. Decent value, but I ended up sitting around watching for a half hour.

I have the feeling that Crabtree is going to take away Cooper's work like he did last year.

Which made me salty since I had Cooper. Which is why I drafted Crabtree this year. Eh I may be overthinking it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I have the feeling that Crabtree is going to take away Cooper's work like he did last year.

Which made me salty since I had Cooper. Which is why I drafted Crabtree this year. Eh I may be overthinking it.

Yep I would rather have Dez(or someone else, not really high on Dez) then draft crabtree a few rounds later. Who knows though

phanphare

Banned
just throwing this out there

I have Andrew Luck in one of my leagues, snagged Sammy Bradford for the weeks where Luck is out in anticipation of him missing more than a week. love Bradford's opening schedule. Saints (shoot out hopefully), Steelers (shoot out hopefully), Bucs (eh, could turn into a shoot out with Jameis' new weapon along side Mike Evans), and the Lions (shoot out hopefully). hopefully Luck will be back by week 4.

So they're talking about swapping the Bucs/Dolphins game from week 1 to their bye week in week 11 due to the incoming hurricane.

Holy hell that would screw with my fantasy teams.

I hope they just move the game somewhere out of the path. I need Jameis/Evans week 1!

phanphare

Banned
So they're talking about swapping the Bucs/Dolphins game from week 1 to their bye week in week 11 due to the incoming hurricane.

I hope they just move the game somewhere out of the path. I need Jameis/Evans week 1!

damn that's crazy

Jarlaxle

Not sure who I should start in my WR slots this week:

Amari Cooper
Stefon Diggs
Keenan Allen
Pierre Garcon
John Brown

I'm going to go with Cooper and right now I'm thinking Diggs but could be persuaded for Garcon. I just don't think Allen facing the Denver defense is a good matchup for him this week. Thoughts?

Tom Nook

just throwing this out there

I have Andrew Luck in one of my leagues, snagged Sammy Bradford for the weeks where Luck is out in anticipation of him missing more than a week. love Bradford's opening schedule. Saints (shoot out hopefully), Steelers (shoot out hopefully), Bucs (eh, could turn into a shoot out with Jameis' new weapon along side Mike Evans), and the Lions (shoot out hopefully). hopefully Luck will be back by week 4.

Same situation: Grabed Luck and streaming QB till he gets back. Currently have Cutty as QB but with the storm coming to FL, Bradford is the best option. Thanks

Instro

Would you guys start mixon against the Ravens d or j stew against the 9ers?

Stewart would be the better option imo. Both will see limited touches, albeit for different reasons, however the 49ers are a far more favorable matchup than the Ravens.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ohhhhh this is American Football. I got confused reading through the last page.

Since I'm here, how does the draft thing work in these sorts of leagues? You have a set number of people in a league and then you all take turns choosing players for your team? How do you pick who goes first and so on? Are there any other restrictions on who you can choose?

Ohhhhh this is American Football. I got confused reading through the last page.

Since I'm here, how does the draft thing work in these sorts of leagues? You have a set number of people in a league and then you all take turns choosing players for your team? How do you pick who goes first and so on? Are there any other restrictions on who you can choose?

You can either do a draft where you go in a snake order 1-12, 13-24, etc or you can do an auction draft where you 'bid' on players and the highest bid wins.

Draft order is usually randomized, sometimes its reverse of standings from last year, but its really up to the league to decide.

There are a ton of house rules and/or rules that can be adopted (keepers.. aka keeping someone on your team from last year, dynasty leagues etc) if people want them.

There is a generally respected order of who gets picked when, but its really up to the individual people to pick.

Gurrry

Im in a leauge that has been going on for over 10 years now.. Highly competitive.. and I feel like I may have had my worst draft ever. I guess I wont know until Week 1... but here it is:

Big Ben
Gurley
Ingram
Crowell
ODB
Demariyus Thomas
Jimmy Graham
Jags D

Bench:
Woodhead
Maclin
Forte
Tyrell Williams
Prosise
Jamaal Charles
Cooper Kupp

Someone tell me if im completely fucked

Im in a leauge that has been going on for over 10 years now.. Highly competitive.. and I feel like I may have had my worst draft ever. I guess I wont know until Week 1... but here it is:

Big Ben
Gurley
Ingram
Crowell
ODB
Demariyus Thomas
Jimmy Graham
Jags D

Bench:
Woodhead
Maclin
Forte
Tyrell Williams
Prosise
Jamaal Charles
Cooper Kupp

You're fine, anything can happen at this point. We can tell you if you're fucked or not once we get a few games into the season =p

Badosh

Big Ben
Gurley
Ingram
Crowell
ODB
Demariyus Thomas
Jimmy Graham
Jags D

Bench:
Woodhead
Maclin
Forte
Tyrell Williams
Prosise
Jamaal Charles
Cooper Kupp

That's a fine team.

BlueSteel

Big Ben
Gurley
Ingram
Crowell
ODB
Demariyus Thomas
Jimmy Graham
Jags D

Bench:
Woodhead
Maclin
Forte
Tyrell Williams
Prosise
Jamaal Charles
Cooper Kupp

How many teams is it? I'd say your team is fine. Not sure how I feel about your depth but starting looks pretty decent IMO.

No clue. but Mike Glennon and Aaron Rodgers have the same scout score (2.94) so... I wouldn't use that as a barometer for anything.

It SEEMS to be some sort of math using their projected points, the amount of people taking them, and their salary. In theory, Glennon and Rodgers could have that same ratio.

I guess that's what that site is, lol.

bigkrev

So when do we know Zeke's status for week 1? I'm seeing 4pm as a deadline for the arbitrator to hand out a ruling, i'm also seeing that there isn't an actual deadline.

Watch the NFL figure out a way to rule an hour before the SNF game that he isn't eligible to play!

Gurrry

You're fine, anything can happen at this point. We can tell you if you're fucked or not once we get a few games into the season =p

That's a fine team.

How many teams is it? I'd say your team is fine. Not sure how I feel about your depth but starting looks pretty decent IMO.

Thanks guys, I feel better now. I was down in the dumps Saturday after the draft. All the guys I targeted got scooped up 1-2 picks before me.

And @bluesteel - its 12 teams. And yeah my WR depth is bad, and I feel like all my RBs are crap shoots at this point. Gurley really needs to have his break out year for me.

juicyb

Guys this is my first fantasy football season ever. Theres 12 total teams and this is how my picks panned out:

Matt Ryan
Jay Ajayi
Jeremy Hill
A.J. Green
Davante Adams
Kyle Rudolph
Kelvin Benjamin W/R spot
Carlos Santos
Rams Defense

Reserves:
Matt Forte
Mathew Stafford
Adrian Peterson
Robert Turbin
Eric Ebron
Jamison Crowder

How's my team looking and would u recommend I swap someone out for this week? Any help is appreciated fantasy-GAF!

Guys this is my first fantasy football season ever. Theres 12 total teams and this is how my picks panned out:

Matt Ryan
Jay Ajayi
Jeremy Hill
A.J. Green
Davante Adams
Kyle Rudolph
Kelvin Benjamin W/R spot
Carlos Santos
Rams Defense

Reserves:
Matt Forte
Mathew Stafford
Adrian Peterson
Robert Turbin
Eric Ebron
Jamison Crowder

How's my team looking and would u recommend I swap someone out for this week? Any help is appreciated fantasy-GAF!

you are very weak at running back(everyone is as RB is the most injury prone, but you're starting out very weak with realistically only one start able RB)

You're going to have to stay ontop of waivers each week and pray someone's starter running back goes down and you'r eable to get their backup.

edit: i'd consider dropping turbin for possibly either Matt Breida or James Conner. The colts signed Matt Jones over the weekend and I have no idea who would realistically take over if Frank Gore were to go down. In case of Breida Or Conner though, if the starter's were to go down, they should get the majority of the workload.

It SEEMS to be some sort of math using their projected points, the amount of people taking them, and their salary. In theory, Glennon and Rodgers could have that same ratio.

I guess that's what that site is, lol.

Yeah maybe you're right.

I didn't see it was a DraftKings thing. I suppose Daily Fantasy is different, I only played a few times.

I guess since some players are picked less you have a better chance at winning $? Seems weird because if they're scouted that way, wouldn't more people start picking up the "sure things" thus making that ranking invalid? I dunno. I'm not smart enough for those daily leagues :)

12 man league, wound up with this squad:

Derek Carr
DeMarco Murray
Isaiah Crowell
Dalvin Cook
Jordy Nelson
Martavius Bryant
Kyle Rudolph
Seahawks D/ST
Younghoe Koo (lmao)

Eli Manning
Duke Johnson (fkn UI hiccup autodrafted him, but rumor is Cleveland will play him in the slot this year)
Rishard Matthews
Hunter Henry
John Brown

A lot of variables here that would need to pan out, but I can't say I'm unhappy.

I think I'm gonna swap John Brown for Isaiah Crowell in this week's flex, I never trust the Browns against the Steelers.

I can't see this happening. Both teams would then play 16 games straight? They may move it to Thursday or an alternate stadium before that is considered as an option.

juicyb

you are very weak at running back(everyone is as RB is the most injury prone, but you're starting out very weak with realistically only one start able RB)

You're going to have to stay ontop of waivers each week and pray someone's starter running back goes down and you'r eable to get their backup.

edit: i'd consider dropping turbin for possibly either Matt Breida or James Conner. The colts signed Matt Jones over the weekend and I have no idea who would realistically take over if Frank Gore were to go down. In case of Breida Or Conner though, if the starter's were to go down, they should get the majority of the workload.

How is the rest of my team looking besides RB? And for this week, would u recommend I start Jeremy Hill or go with my gut and pick Peterson to have a big game against the Vikings?

How is the rest of my team looking besides RB? And for this week, would u recommend I start Jeremy Hill or go with my gut and pick Peterson to have a big game against the Vikings?

i'd start Peterson over Hill since he's in a committee at the moment with both mixon and Bernard(I expect Mixon to take over maybe by week 4 or even earlier) but even then I don't feel good about it

bigkrev

I can't see this happening. Both teams would then play 16 games straight? They may move it to Thursday or an alternate stadium before that is considered as an option.

In the 2008 Season, Hurricane Ike forced Baltimore-Houston to have a Week 2 bye and play the game on their planned Week 11 byes.

It's not unprecidented

Glix

12 man league, wound up with this squad:

Derek Carr
DeMarco Murray
Isaiah Crowell
Dalvin Cook
Jordy Nelson
Martavius Bryant
Kyle Rudolph
Seahawks D/ST
Younghoe Koo (lmao)

Eli Manning
Duke Johnson (fkn UI hiccup autodrafted him, but rumor is Cleveland will play him in the slot this year)
Rishard Matthews
Hunter Henry
John Brown

A lot of variables here that would need to pan out, but I can't say I'm unhappy.

I think I'm gonna swap John Brown for Isaiah Crowell in this week's flex, I never trust the Browns against the Steelers.

I like Brown a lot this year, ride him until he gets hurt.

Demarco was one of my targets last year and he rewarded me greatly. I am worried about him this year, with more age under his belt and D Henry coming on strong. Do what you can to trade for Henry.

Were you the last pick? Just curious because Jordy/Demarco was my plan for the league where I had 12/13. Ended up with Green/Freeman because the league I'm in is dumb.

strang

Neo Member
Went with an all-comeback team this year, 12-team standard:

QB: Cousins
RB: Gordon, Dalvin Cook, CJ Anderson, Samaje Perine
WR: AJ Green, Hopkins, Robinson, Devante Parker, Marvin Jones
TE: Kyle Rudolph

How screwed am I?

Def play McFadden if Zeke is not going to play.

Looking for advice for a .5 ppr.

Gore or White?

Buffalo D or Houston?

Marshall is going to play.
Easily Buffalo D. No idea on Gore vs White, because I don't really like either option. White has the higher upside though, so I'd go with him

Top Bottom