• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

ZOONAMI

I think the Bills will be bad and he will not see much production because of that.

Yeah, preseason he looked good though. Most prolific college wr ever basically and he has the athleticism, route skills, and chemistry with tyrod to be the #1 over matthews who is a glorified slot only receiver. I think he will get about 10 targets a game. In ppr I think he's a good pick up. 85% owned on ESPN.

UberTag

Yeah, preseason he looked good though. Most prolific college wr ever basically and he has the athleticism, route skills, and chemistry with tyrod to be the #1 over matthews who is a glorified slot only receiver. I think he will get about 10 targets a game. In ppr I think he's a good pick up. 85% owned on ESPN.
Being on a loser football team doesn't mean you can't be a valued fantasy asset.
Megatron was a premiere receiver for years while the Lions shit the bed.

It's not like there's a better fantasy asset for the price on the Bills. (McCoy is going to break within the first month.)

If you had an open ir spot for an injured player, would you rather have:

Will fuller, davente booker or someone else recovering from an injury?

Not counting luck, because he was drafted.

Tom Nook

Being on a loser football team doesn't mean you can't be a valued fantasy asset.
Megatron was a premiere receiver for years while the Lions shit the bed.

It's not like there's a better fantasy asset for the price on the Bills. (McCoy is going to break within the first month.)

Who is the handcuff for McCoy?

I don't think McFadden is good handcuff. Personally I think it will be a toss up or possibly a mix of McFadden/Morris/Smith. McFadden didn't look great in the preseason.
He didn't do bad when he was a starter, but overall I agree. I own them in a 16 man league though with points per carry, so anyone even getting 20 carries is extremely valuable

My team in a 12-man standard keeper league:

Ryan QB
TY Hilton WR
A. Cooper WR
C. Davis (TEN) WR
J. Rodgers (TB) RB
Fournette RB
B. Powell FLX
G. Olsen TE
Eagles DEF
Sturgis K

Bench is Wentz, D. Martin (suspended), T. Lockett, S. Perine, M. Lee (JAX), and H. Henry (TEN).

I'm considering trading Ryan and Lockett or Lee for Rob Kelley and P. Rivers now that I'm screwed by the hurricane...is that a good idea? I know Ryan is great, but is he that much greater than Rivers/stabilizing my RB situation?

Start your studs, always.

...what's your roster?

Here's my lineup (12 man PPR full point)

QB Dak Prescott
WR Odell Beckham
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Pierre Garcon'
RB DeMarco Murray
RB Ty Montgomery
TE Travis Kelce
F/x Kyle Rudolph
F/x Kareem Hunt
K Brandon McManus
Def Minnesota Vikings

Bench

QB Carson Wentz
RB C.J. Prosise
RB Tevin Coleman
WR Jordan Matthews
WR Sammy Watkins
WR Kenny Stills

Omadahl

Banned
Now I have to roll the dice on Vereen or Blount this week because Ajayi isn't playing. Hurray for my number #1 pick being out. I got last draw on a 12 man ppr btw.

Jarnet87

Now I have to roll the dice on Vereen or Blount this week because Ajayi isn't playing. Hurray for my number #1 pick being out. I got last draw on a 12 man ppr btw.

I had Quizz at the flex and Mixon as my #2 back for week 1. Looks like I'll stick it out with Mixon at RB and now it's just a choice between Burkhead or one of my bench wideouts in the flex, though I may have to put OBJ at the flex in case he can't go and put in Engram. The postponed game really messingnwith fantasy.

If it makes you feel better, I picked Evans first, have Jameis as my QB and also got Parker (Dolphins) as my WR2.. in a league with 4 bench spots. I'm hosed.

My team in a 12-man standard keeper league:

Ryan QB
TY Hilton WR
A. Cooper WR
C. Davis (TEN) WR
J. Rodgers (TB) RB
Fournette RB
B. Powell FLX
G. Olsen TE
Eagles DEF
Sturgis K

Bench is Wentz, D. Martin (suspended), T. Lockett, S. Perine, M. Lee (JAX), and H. Henry (TEN).

I'm considering trading Ryan and Lockett or Lee for Rob Kelley and P. Rivers now that I'm screwed by the hurricane...is that a good idea? I know Ryan is great, but is he that much greater than Rivers/stabilizing my RB situation?

No help?

Jarnet87

Ryan has the higher upside at QB, on seasons like last year there is a big jump. I would hold off on a panic trade and just roll with Henry or something for a week.

I have to drop one of the following for a TE: West, Burkhead, Zay Jones, Kupp. Leaning towards Burkhead as I think I can get him back the easiest on the WW next week.

toneroni

Kinda stupid question but I should NOT burn my #1 waiver for Kenny (lol) Britt right?
I think I should hold on all year and hope to strike gold but I will be tempted often..

14 team PPR league - This league plays 2 WR with 2 Flex and only 1 RB
QB Matt Ryan
RB Jordan Howard / Mike Gillislee / Theo Riddick / C.J. Prosise / Tarik Cohen
WR Michael Thomas / Alshon Jeffery / Davante Adams / Adam Thielen / Zay Jones
TE Eric Ebron
K Cairo Santos
DST New York Giants

Have David Johnson in 2 leagues - should I handcuff him? and with who?

Thanks for any advice - new baby so I have not done much research this year.
Ended up autodrafting in two of mine due to weird scheduling :/

I have to drop one of the following for a TE: West, Burkhead, Zay Jones, Kupp. Leaning towards Burkhead as I think I can get him back the easiest on the WW next week.
I'd go Burk also unless he comes out looking like Blount '16

Ryan has the higher upside at QB, on seasons like last year there is a big jump. I would hold off on a panic trade and just roll with Henry or something for a week.

Agreed, i wouldn't trade for Rivers. I'd move Powell into the #2 slot and take a gamble with literally any of your bench players.

0CNm7Wh.png

Kevin White is on the waiver wire and I really want to pick him up but I will wait until after week one.

Question is who do I start at RB? Gordon obviously. Ajayi is out so I am thinking James White. I would go with Rawls but I don't think he will be healthy enough to get enough snaps even tho he is starting. Thoughts?

Tom Nook

0CNm7Wh.png

Kevin White is on the waiver wire and I really want to pick him up but I will wait until after week one.

Question is who do I start at RB? Gordon obviously. Ajayi is out so I am thinking White. I would go with Rawls but I don't think he will be healthy enough to get enough snaps even tho he is starting. Thoughts?

I would go with White this week.

Who do you all like for ppr rb this week:

Mixon
CJ Anderson
Rob Kelley

I have CJ in at the moment because I'm not sure I trust Mixon yet and I *think* it's probably easier to run on the Chargers than the Eagles but I'm open to all arguments.

gutshot

Kinda stupid question but I should NOT burn my #1 waiver for Kenny (lol) Britt right?
I think I should hold on all year and hope to strike gold but I will be tempted often..

Definitely not. As a number 1 waiver, you are basically guaranteed an RB who will come out of nowhere to replace an injured starter, at some point.

My bench is currently as follows:

Jack Doyle
Paul Perkins
Mike Wallace
Kenny Golladay
Jamaal Williams
D'onta Foreman

I'm taking a few gambles with the rookies. Since Luck is out and Kyle Rudolph is my TE1, thoughts on dropping Doyle for another gamble with Matt Brieda in SF? He's the #2 right now. Also, a few options at WR depth are:

K. Stills MIA
N. Agholor PHI
S. Shepard NYG
K. Wright CHI

PPR

Edit - Chris Carson is another potential stash

Who do you all like for ppr rb this week:

Mixon
CJ Anderson
Rob Kelley

I have CJ in at the moment because I'm not sure I trust Mixon yet and I *think* it's probably easier to run on the Chargers than the Eagles but I'm open to all arguments.

mixon's clearly the best rb in the backfield, but the question is when it'll be his job. I wouldn't want to start mixon week 1 since I believe he's going to have to "earn" the job so to speak

as for the other two options, I don't really like either but you may as well consult this

http://www.borischen.co/2017/09/2017-fantasy-football-tier-rankings.html

looking at the list, cj anderson is higher than fat rob

edit: at the end of the day though, the running back you choose will be the wrong one as I learned last year, lol

0CNm7Wh.png

Question is who do I start at RB? Gordon obviously. Ajayi is out so I am thinking James White. I would go with Rawls but I don't think he will be healthy enough to get enough snaps even tho he is starting. Thoughts?

Leave Ajayi in
Lose

phanphare

Banned
I'm still rolling with ajayi

even if he only gets 0 carries this week who knows, something might happen. he has a pretty predictable floor and ceiling this week so there's less volatility then with someone who could score points. it just feels right. ymmv.

I'm still rolling with ajayi

even if he only gets 0 carries this week who knows, something might happen. he has a pretty predictable floor and ceiling this week so there's less volatility then with someone who could score points. it just feels right. ymmv.

This.

How many times a year can you know a point total in advance? USE IT!

Just think, someone else could fumble away the ball twice and lose 10 yards and break their leg. How would that -4.1 points look then? Eh?!

mr2xxx

Banned
PPR: pick 2

Crowell
Duke Johnson
T.West
Henry

Thinking of the Cro/Duke if Steelers D stuffs Cro, or Cro/West for more upside. Any ideas Gaf?

[KoRp]Jazzman;248211314 said:
Big Ben vs CLE or Cousins vs Phi?

Leaning Ben, but Cousins was pretty good even against good teams last year.

i'm streaming ben(no one drafted him in our 10 man work league) since luck is out but I don't feel good about it. His home/road splits are really fucking bad

I'd say cousins is safer, but then again who the fuck knows

Tom Nook

[KoRp]Jazzman;248211314 said:
Big Ben vs CLE or Cousins vs Phi?

Leaning Ben, but Cousins was pretty good even against good teams last year.

Cousins vs Divison games can be high scoring.

Ben will just "rest" and let Bell do all the work.

Top Bottom