• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

mixon's clearly the best rb in the backfield, but the question is when it'll be his job. I wouldn't want to start mixon week 1 since I believe he's going to have to "earn" the job so to speak

as for the other two options, I don't really like either but you may as well consult this

http://www.borischen.co/2017/09/2017-fantasy-football-tier-rankings.html

looking at the list, cj anderson is higher than fat rob

edit: at the end of the day though, the running back you choose will be the wrong one as I learned last year, lol
Thanks for answering. The voice in my head keeps whispering 'miiiiixxxxon' but I just can't do it until I see how he is used. Guess I'll stick with CJ.

DerekNYC

Crazy to sit Tyreek Hill tonight in favor of Brandon Marshall? Like Marshall anyway, but if Odell sits like him even more.

blackflag

How was my draft? I feel pretty good about it. Should I play Cousins vs. Phi or Carr vs. Ten?

QB
Kirk Cousins Was - QB
Derek Carr Oak - QB

WR
Odell Beckham Jr. NYG - WR
Michael Crabtree Oak - WR
Kelvin Benjamin Car - WR
Jamison Crowder Was - WR
Eric Decker Ten - WR

RB
Jordan Howard Chi - RB
Christian McCaffrey Car - RB
Tevin Coleman Atl - RB
Jeremy Hill Cin - RB

TE
Travis Kelce KC - TE
Cameron Brate TB - TE

K
Stephen Gostkowski NE - K

D
Arizona Ari - DEF

VoxPop

That time of year again boys. I got whooped last year due to injuries but I'm hoping to bring the trophy back home this year.

3 leagues and my drafts haven't been anything spectacular. A lot of depth but no real studs except OBJ but we'll see how it pans out after a few weeks.

This week is a clusterfuck for me though with the whole Irma/bucs/dolphins nonsense so praying everyone else on my teams make up for it 👊

PillarEN

Yep. Once the real football game starts your player is locked in. If he's on the bench, he stays on the bench. If he's on your playing roster, he stays on your playing roster.

I believe in Yahoo you can drop players that have played that are on your bench but not in your actual lineup (I don't play on yahoo so I confirm that first hand though)

I believe in Yahoo you can drop players that have played that are on your bench but not in your actual lineup (I don't play on yahoo so I confirm that first hand though)
Yep, can confirm that you could do that before (not sure if they fixed that this season though). I used to pick up the backup RB's for teams playing Thursday night games every week: that way if the starter got hurt I'd already have them on my bench. If they don't, I'd just drop them for a kicker.

Thinking of dropping my kicker for West in one league and leaving him on my bench, and if he doesn't pan out I'll drop him for another kicker before Sunday

JJH

Need to start three WR. Which three to start?

Kelvin Benjamin
Doug Baldwin
Martavis Bryant
Pierre Garcon
Donte Moncrief

UberTag

Thanks for answering. The voice in my head keeps whispering 'miiiiixxxxon' but I just can't do it until I see how he is used. Guess I'll stick with CJ.
I'm benching Mixon this week for James White in my half-point PPR league.
Waiting that Bengals run game situation out until Week 2 isn't terrible advice.

As for my other 16-team standard, 0.04 PPRY (there's that acronym again) snake draft league roster... drafting out of the #12 slot... where we start two RBs, two WRs, a traditional flex W/R/T and another flex W/T... that I haven't shared yet in this thread...

QB: Wilson
RB: Freeman, Powell, Forte (to handcuff Powell), White (yeah, I like me some James White this year), Smallwood
WR: Tyreek Hill (super-charged in a return yards format), Marshall, Ginn (see Hill), Shepard (to handcuff Marshall - yeah, a WR cuff... go fig), Torrey Smith, Richardson
TE: Eifert
D/ST: Cardinals
PK: Lutz

I'm much happier with this one.

VoxPop

Crazy to start Mariota vs OAK over Brees vs MIN this week?

I got Mariota going top 3 fantasy QB this year along with Rodgers and either Brees/Brady. Bold, I know. Not sure how Minnesota's defense is going to look this year but I'm definitely expecting a firefight in that TEN/OAK game. I don't think it's too ridiculous to play Mariota over Brees this week personally.

phanphare

Banned
Crazy to start Mariota vs OAK over Brees vs MIN this week?

no that sounds downright sensible tbh

second highest over/under of the week behind green bay vs. seattle, home opener, mariota with his red zone/end zone efficiency with his new weapon eric decker, and oakland's not so good defense

I love mariota

UberTag

Not crazy to start Mariota over Brees this week... but what is crazy is that you have both those guys on your roster to begin with.

UberTag

Really not excited about my RBs. Joe Mixon, Paul Perkins, Frank Gore and Jonathan Stewart. Fuck.
Ewww... that's mighty stinky.
You should consider leveraging what should be strengths at other positions to make heavy trade pushes for starting RBs that underwhelm this weekend.
And that should not mean you trade for Gillislee if Burkhead, White and Lewis get TDs tonight and he doesn't... I mean OTHER starting RBs.

Also... and this goes out to everyone... if Charcandrick West is still unrostered in your leagues, grab him before kickoff tonight.
You can always dump him for someone else should Hunt get through the game unscathed.

jfkgoblue

Mathew Berry vindicated so far with his Kareem Hunt hype. Glad I got him as RB2

Also accidentally drafted West, turned out to be my RB2 handcuff so that was lucky

I currently have Sammy Watkins in due to the OBJ shenanigans. Safe call?

Other WRs are Fitzgerald*, Garcon*, Jordan Matthews, and Kenny Stills.

*Starting.

JJH

Gillislee on my bench this week.

43f.gif

UberTag

Mathew Berry vindicated so far with his Kareem Hunt hype. Glad I got him as RB2

Also accidentally drafted West, turned out to be my RB2 handcuff so that was lucky
Kareem is going to be a fantasy monster. Wish I owned him in a league.

NYR

Gillislee on my bench this week.

43f.gif
He was a borderline RB2 this week on a brand new team with the greatest QB of all time behind center with a new all star WR playing with him for the first time, so you can't be blamed, but it is now obvious he is going to be a TD hound like Blount.

UberTag

I got him in every league I play in and felt like shit after that fumble.. But redeemed now.
Would have owned him in a league if either of my deep league drafts facilitated it.
I suppose I could have tried him in Round 2 of my 2nd league but going RB-RB in a 16-teamer is a recipe for disaster... especially when you're picking late.

Never mind, concussed, he done.
Such is the lot for Amendola whenever anyone starts talking him up in fantasy.
Dude's always hurt.

Cagey

Banned
Walked into auction right after the Ware injury happened in this super-deep league and told myself I would land Hunt and Gillislee no matter the price to pay. At least for one sweet, magical week, I am a God. I'll lose next week and become a peasant again.

For a W/R/T Flex play:
Marvin Jones v. Cards (have Ebron starting)
Derrick Henry v. Raiders (have Murray starting)
Duke Johnson v. Steelers
John Brown v. Cards (have Fitz starting)

Jarnet87

We could have all bet money on 1 TD for Gillislee, 3 you just laugh. Next week everyone will make sure to start him and he will get the least touches in typical Belichick fashion. Drafted him in a league but sat for Woodhead/Kelvin Benjamin in the flex (ppr), good thing Kareem the dream was also on my team.

jfkgoblue

Thank you based Mathew Berry for telling me to use a mid round pick on Hunt, he's my RB2(RB1 is David Johnson) , and he nearly got 50 points.

Top Bottom