• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jessica Chastain to join cast of Iron Man 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Man 3 will be different. Now that they've got this damn Avengers out of the way they can focus back on Iron Man again.

And Shane Black and dat cast etc.

Solo

This is Downey's last film, right? I sure hope so. I'm happy for him for finally finding success, but dude hasn't done a single interesting movie since he blew up in 2008.

Wonder Boys?
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang?
Good Night and Good Luck?
A Scanner Darkly?
Zodiac?

All pre-success. Since his breakout?

Iron Man
Sherlock Holmes
Iron Man 2
Due Date
Sherlock Holmes 2
Avengers
Iron Man 3

Ugh. Two tentpole franchises and a shitty comedy.

If we're going to post our IM2 thoughts, I'll repost this from the Avengers thread:

I feel like IM2 is very weird tonally. Rockwell's character (which is hilarious) just seems misplaced. Rourke is all over the place (I vont my bord!). Cheadle is there, reading his lines from the script. Happy Hogan doing more than he should be. SHIELD scenes don't help, but I also don't think they're a big problem like so many.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the movie. It's just got too much going on.

Solo

He'll do Avengers 2, Solo. Deal with it.

Whatever, I don't care if he does Avengers 2. My point was simply that I wish he'd go back to taking on some offbeat roles in addition to his blockbuster stuff. Something like Wonder Boys, where he was fucking perfectly sleazy and charming.

Yeah RDJ is just franchise fodder now. I hate to say this....but I liked him when he was still a wreck haha.
He is just as awesome as he was pre-superstar. He just has not as interesting stuff since he can pull in the money now. Just like Johnny Depp. But I am very glad that he finally became a huge star.

Zzoram

It makes sense that they're going with Extremis because the Iron Man movie draws from it already for his origin story.

He is just as awesome as he was pre-superstar. He just has not as interesting stuff since he can pull in the money now. Just like Johnny Depp. But I am very glad that he finally became a huge star.

Yeah him and Johnny Depp have the same career trajectory for me. Good for both of them but they're just not picking interesting parts anymore. Forget that though. The worst is Tom Cruise in this aspect. WOTW was the last film of his where I actually gave a shit.

Brad Pitt's got the best career right now forreal.

Solo

Well, like Depp (and Brad Pitt), I feel RDJ is much better suited to supporting roles than leading ones.

He'll do Avengers 2, Solo. Deal with it.

Hopefully, that'll see (MAJOR AVENGERS SPOILERS HERE!)
Thanos take him out, either kill him or disable him, give them a nice way of removing Stark and thus RDJ from the future MCU franchise without just having him not appear anymore or get recast.
Clearly, RDJ's Marvel work is taking up too much of his time to do many other smaller projects- I'm guessing the gap between IM3 and Avengers 2 might give him the chance, though.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
This is Downey's last film, right? I sure hope so. I'm happy for him for finally finding success, but dude hasn't done a single interesting movie since he blew up in 2008.

Wonder Boys?
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang?
A Scanner Darkly?
Zodiac?

Iron Man
Sherlock Holmes
Iron Man 2
Due Date
Sherlock Holmes 2
Avengers
Iron Man 3

Dude. You forgot Tropic Thunder.

downey-jr-tropic-thunder.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q&sns=em

Downey should have won an Oscar for that role.

=\

Terrence Howard nailed that role and despite him not getting along with RDJ they had good chemistry (that might've actually helped lol.)

Hell. No. Terrance looked the part, but didn't play it well at all. And he sounds like a pussy, no kind of resonance in his voice.
say it wit ya chest! (Kevin Hart lol)

Sorry, but TH sucks in Iron Man. That's just the way it is. DC isn't perfect, but he's way better in that role than TH.

I definitely prefer Cheadle for IM.

Like I give a shit about the Iron Man "plot" after 2. Scarlett was the highlight of that trash.

This. I won't even stream it.

Tobor

Whatever, I don't care if he does Avengers 2. My point was simply that I wish he'd go back to taking on some offbeat roles in addition to his blockbuster stuff. Something like Wonder Boys, where he was fucking perfectly sleazy and charming.

That's success for you. A lot of these guys want to make as much money as they can while they're hot. He'll eventually do those types of roles again.

Asbel

Wonder Boys?
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang?
A Scanner Darkly?
Zodiac?

Iron Man
Sherlock Holmes
Iron Man 2
Due Date
Sherlock Holmes 2
Avengers
Iron Man 3

Tropic Thunder and The Soloist.

dojokun

Banned

Wonder Boys?
Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang?
A Scanner Darkly?
Zodiac?

Iron Man
Sherlock Holmes
Iron Man 2
Due Date
Sherlock Holmes 2
Avengers
Iron Man 3

Tropic Thunder.

FStop7

Banned
Since this has kind of taken over as the Iron Man 3 thread.

I live a few houses down from Tony Stark's house, that is if his house actually existed.

This sign has been posted across the street from my house for well over a week.

irE496UJNBbOI.jpg

These signs are frequently used to direct crew to production locations. They're a pretty common sight in LA.

Normally when shooting a major production a fake title will be used to keep away onlookers. Like for example how Return of the Jedi was known as Blue Harvest. But given the location I do wonder if there is some kind of pre-production work going on, maybe related to CG scenes involving the house. Or it could be nothing, there is a lot of filming in the area in general.

Tizoc

Anyone who read Extremis knows what's gonna happen to her character at the end =V
What's with Warren Ellis always making every lady who asks for Tony's help
have a hidden agenda?

Anyone who read Extremis knows what's gonna happen to her character at the end =V
What's with Warren Ellis always making every lady who asks for Tony's help
have a hidden agenda?

Warren Ellis doesn't trust women? Of course, Ellis doesn't trust anyone.

Also

Hall is currently in talks with Disney/Marvel to play the role of a scientist who plays a pivotal part in the creation of nanotechnology known as Extremis. The tech, which winds up in the hands of terrorists, is a carrier for a viral outbreak that causes considerable damage, especially to anyone who happens to be wearing a high-tech suit of battle armor. The plot for Iron Man 3 will draw elements from the Warren Ellis’ six-issue series, “Iron Man: Extremis.”

soultron

Banned
Iron Man Extremis is the only IM thing I've read and both the writing and the illustrations were pretty fantastic. Looking forward to the movie.

Extremis-armor.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing an Iron Man/Captain America movie to be honest. They seem to be the natural pairing from the Avengers with the Hulk and Thor being the other pair.

Solo

Kinda sucks that both this and Star Trek 2 hit the same month. That's most of my hyped blockbusters for next year banged out within 2 weeks of eachother.

I was kind of hoping Rockwell would at least make an appearance. He was easily the best thing about the second movie. Of course.... I just really like Sam Rockwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom