• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's how it works, doesn't it? It has a magnetic strip.
Well they are in York New City so it makes sense. I just never put two and two together for some odd reason. Interesting how that thing has so many purposes yet Gon really doesn't value the thing. I think he's pawned it twice? so far?

Oh god...

C-_Svl_SPUAAAOig1.jpg

THEY'RE ON TO ME GUYS!

I'm sorry that you had to give HeatStreet a click to get that screenshot. lol

Morlas

Just found out my old high school is like in the top 500 in the nation, and it's an Alabama high school...feels good i always liked that place.

edit: *hopes nobody noticed my typo*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've watched a compilation film of every single "fuck" said in Panty & Stocking.

....there was over 350 of them.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I can't stand watching most reaction videos but I gotta be honest, I love reaction videos to anime. Well certain anime, I could care less how people react to Fairy Tale but seeing the reactions to some later events in HxH are great. Same for watching people react to the Boros fight in One Punch Man or the finale couple episodes of Mob Psycho 100. I'm not sure why but I guess anime is just great at getting some really hilarious and extreme reactions out of people.

HStallion

Remember Thundercats?

2537349-thundercats_2011.jpg

Remember how Lion-O's whole life was suffering?

Is this another reboot of a classic kids cartoon? I admit I never got into Thundercats when I was younger. I honestly wasn't even sure what was going on except furries were taking on a egomaniacal buff mummy.

Mizerman

Is this another reboot of a classic kids cartoon? I admit I never got into Thundercats when I was younger. I honestly wasn't even sure what was going on except furries were taking on a egomaniacal buff mummy.

That was the reboot from 6 years ago. Was canceled after 1 season.

The Thundercats reboot wasn't a good show, but I can't forget how poorly the show treated Lion-O.

In the course of that show, Lion-O...

1. Was nearly murdered by his jealous brother twice. Once when he was just a little kid.
2. Watches his father get murdered right in front of him.
3. Loses the first love of his life to said brother, despite her showing nothing but hints of affection to him.
4. Was killed off unceremoniously in an episode where his teammates do literally nothing for him. He gets better, only after passing a test that seems to revolve around telling him how shit he was at being a leader.
5. Was constantly called a fool for saying the cat people shouldn't be racist as all fuck.
6. Was betrayed by the second love of his life, because she actually chose the person who killed her over him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember....very little of the Thundercats reboot aside from being bored & one of the last episodes being about these little bug-sized race that grow up super fast.

I put it on par with Unicorn as "most boring Toonami show I ever tried watching"

HStallion

I actually kind of liked the He-Man reboot. It wasn't great but it had some pretty good fight scenes and story beats. Too bad it ended before it could get to some of the cooler shit.

All I remember from reboot Thundercats was thinking most of the designs were lame but they kept Mumm-Ra's legitimately cool roid-monkey mummy design. Becuase you don't mess with that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Thundercats reboot wasn't a good show, but I can't forget how poorly the show treated Lion-O.

1. Was nearly murdered by his jealous brother twice. Once when he was just a little kid.
3. Loses the first love of his life to said brother, despite her showing nothing but hints of affection to him.
4. Was killed off unceremoniously in an episode where his teammates do literally nothing for him. He gets better, only after passing a test that seems to revolve around telling him how shit he was at being a leader.
5. Was constantly called a fool for saying the cat people shouldn't be racist as all fuck.
6. Was betrayed by the second love of his life, because she actually chose the person who killed her over him.

That's some Kafka-esque shit right there.

Was Lion-O voiced by William H. Macy?

Regiruler

Localization threads always have people dropping out of the sky to die on some hill in the middle of nowhere.

It's gotten actually funny by this point.

Morlas

I remember....very little of the Thundercats reboot aside from being bored & one of the last episodes being about these little bug-sized race that grow up super fast.

I put it on par with Unicorn as "most boring Toonami show I ever tried watching"

actually that episode was like the third episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Localization threads always have people dropping out of the sky to die on some hill in the middle of nowhere.

It's gotten actually funny by this point.
What gets me is it feels like Xseed can't go a single year now without some controversy over the localization.

Senran Kagura with the ages, Akiba's Trip with a word used in the fake message board screen since they were trying to emulate 4chan, & now this. Though granted, now it's over a single employee & I'm glad Xseed isn't siding with him.

I wish I could learn to not keep checking in on such threads where I know it's just going to lead into an argument & bans. But I'm glad I've learned to not partake in such threads for the safety of my account.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really wish these kids would learn the definition of censorship.

Actual video game censorship is rare as hell. Nazis in German games. A couple of random things in China.

cntr

Banned
Since the KKK reference was unintentional, by normal modern game translation standards, the letters should be altered because it creates a reaction not intended by the writers.

So yeah, not censorship.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Censorship can only be done by a government. Period. Everything else is some sort of moderation to appeal to a different market or demographic.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not to mention it's a reference that people wouldn't get because it's a parody of a Japanese company US people are 99% likely to not know exist, therefore won't get the joke in the first place.

Hell, I'd say ACQ witches works better because it sounds like it's poking fun at the developer, Acquire. & they even stated "OH CRAP, we had no idea that's what that meant, we'll change it to fit the US market"

If the joke or line doesn't work in English, make it work, don't just keep it & expect people to understand or look up what exactly the joke was suppose to be in the first place.

Hell, was anyone even gonna notice the difference in the first place? I don't think it was going to play a big role in the game's plot or location & I've heard very little in terms of import impressions or just about the game in general (which is why I'm so on the fence, especially after Persona 5 being my big RPG at the moment).

cntr

Banned
Most "censorship" in games is pretty much not a big deal. Things like omitting the word "die" don't matter much, especially since much of that original writing was nothing special anyway.

Germany is the only unambiguous example of actual censorship I can think of, yeah.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Most "censorship" in games is pretty much not a big deal. Things like omitting the word "die" doesn't really matter much, especially since much of that original writing was nothing special anyway.

Germany is the only unambiguous example of actual censorship I can think of, yeah.

China does a ton of it, but people know the rules so well by now that they do it themselves instead of getting rejected.

Tenumi

Banned
I really wish these kids would learn the definition of censorship.

Actual video game censorship is rare as hell. Nazis in German games. A couple of random things in China.

Ah... that reminds me of how the marines in Half-Life became robots in the German version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom