• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

ChrisD

I will forever stay with Mario and the b-dasher. Hope to join you guys later tonight playing this with my daughter unlocking parts.

Luigi/AC Boy/Inkling Girl for life with me.
Being able to change characters in the lobby is pretty big though, so perhaps I'll actually fiddle with the whole roster over time.

Such a missed opportunity they didnt add Zelda when all other DLC characters have a female option.

A shame, as BotW Zelda would fit in really well imo.

Man wtf. Me n my girl were playing this using the L and R joycons, with the black LR tops on em. Now I can't take the sumbitchs off!

Are the + and minus symbols the same on each joycon and cap? It's an easy mistake to make, but they're a huge pain to get off if you put them on wrong. Needs to be ++ and --.

Luigi/AC Boy/Inkling Girl for life with me.
Being able to change characters in the lobby is pretty big though, so perhaps I'll actually fiddle with the whole roster over time.

A shame, as BotW Zelda would fit in really well imo.
So glad that's an option.

How do I find my friend code to share?

Played online with random people (my first online Mario Kart experience). Was a ton of fun and actually surprised it was 60fps

Raw64life

Started playing this game yesterday. I forgot how frustrating 150cc can be. I haven't played this game in a while, so I actually started with mirror mode right away, so I won't get confused by it later.

Already several times where I'm just racing a perfect race and then blue shell, some red shells, and that's all she wrote. Super frustrating and just nothing you can do about it.

jts

...hate me...
How do I find my friend code to share?

Played online with random people (my first online Mario Kart experience). Was a ton of fun and actually surprised it was 60fps

From the homescreen go to your user page by clicking on your icon on the upper left side. Your FC will be in your profile.

Forkball

If you want to add MK GAFers you raced against, don't forget you can find users you played against recently in your profile on the Switch home menu.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I need to figure out why I suck so bad at this because I've been scaring the shit out of my dog since I started playing online.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I don't understand, I try to go online now and it just hangs, or shows spectator mode, and then hangs - "communication error"

ParityBit

So I have a dumb question ....

I have two of the small wheels that your Joy cons go it. How do I deal with menus and stuff if I am playing single player? i.e. do I have to use the joy cons as normal, then when I race I use the wheels?

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I have two of the small wheels that your Joy cons go it. How do I deal with menus and stuff if I am playing single player? i.e. do I have to use the joy cons as normal, then when I race I use the wheels?

You just use the stick and buttons as if you were using the Joycon as separate controllers I guess...?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

You should be able to handle all the menus just fine with a single joycon. I've played plenty like that with the wheel by myself.

So uh, it seems the new meta, is, uh, um...

...Just use Biddybuggy/Rollers/Acceleration Glider and any character you fucking want

I get the same time on Royal Raceway no matter who the fuck I pick (outside of babies and shit, haven't tried those yet), probably because the MT stat is just fucking absurd now. Just look at this fucking nonsense: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/13893431

What the fucking hell Nintendo.

So uh, it seems the new meta, is, uh, um...

...Just use Biddybuggy/Rollers/Acceleration Glider and any character you fucking want

I get the same time on Royal Raceway no matter who the fuck I pick (outside of babies and shit, haven't tried those yet), probably because the MT stat is just fucking absurd now. Just look at this fucking nonsense: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/13893431

What the fucking hell Nintendo.

I can't watch the video right now. What is the 'MT stat'?

I can't watch the video right now. What is the 'MT stat'?
Miniturbo, it's a hidden stat and parts/characters with more accuracy tend to have more MT.

The video is me on 200cc TT on Mario Kart Stadium doing a purple MT across pretty much the entire long stretch near the beginning, after that first big turn, with Bowser Jr. in the biddybuggy.

Ozium

Is there a way to save a room so I don't have to enter the code every time? It saved it as favorites but when I logged on today the favorites and recommendations were all wiped :/

ParityBit

You should be able to handle all the menus just fine with a single joycon. I've played plenty like that with the wheel by myself.

Yeah but I can't use the wheel until I get into the game itself? Like there is no A or B button on the Blue (left) Joycon. So I am wondering how to make menu selections easy.

Yeah but I can't use the wheel until I get into the game itself? Like there is no A or B button on the Blue (left) Joycon. So I am wondering how to make menu selections easy.

The buttons in the menus aren't labeled as A and B if I recall? I think they're denoted by a small layout of the buttons and the one you have to press is filled in whereas the others are just an outline.

Either way, you just press the one on the right for A and the one to the bottom for B. A is accept, B is cancel/go back.

JustenP88

The buttons in the menus aren't labeled as A and B if I recall? I think they're denoted by a small layout of the buttons and the one you have to press is filled in whereas the others are just an outline.

Either way, you just press the one on the right for A and the one to the bottom for B. A is accept, B is cancel/go back.

This is all 100% correct. Using my wheel all by myself online right now.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dpad on the left joycon defaults to the abxy buttons when it's used by itself.

So you pop the joycon into the wheel, use the stick for up, down, left, right menu selection, and the dpad buttons as abxy. If you don't have to auto accelerate on you hold down the rightmost button to accelerate and turn by turning the wheel or using the stick.

03sho

Do different tyres give you more of a speed boost at the beginning?

The reason I ask is people who start behind me end up in front after the start boost even though I have the boost too. Their boost seem to last longer

13ruce

Banned
Big tip for people farming coins:
Go to vs mode choose 2 Luigi's the green big scooter or Quad, small wheels and the plane flier.

Then select no CPU, No Items 48 races and choose Moo Moo Meadows and set Auto steer and Gas on.

You just have to press A every few minutes and you get 14-20 coins per race without doing anything.

Do different tyres give you more of a speed boost at the beginning?

The reason I ask is people who start behind me end up in front after the start boost even though I have the boost too. Their boost seem to last longer

Probably the overall acceleration stat.

Dat feeling when you use a star right before someone uses lightning

post-40437-nicolas-cage-enjoy-it-gif-Imgu-k2Es.gif

Top Bottom