• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Brady beats NFL in 'Deflategate' court case, league's 4-game suspension nullified

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

NEW YORK (AP) — A federal judge deflated "Deflategate" Thursday, erasing New England quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for a controversy that the NFL claimed threatened football's integrity.

U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell went too far in affirming punishment of the Super Bowl winning quarterback. Brady has insisted he played no role in a conspiracy to deflate footballs below the allowable limit at last season's AFC championship game.

The written decision frees Brady to prepare for the Sept. 10 season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
http://pro32.ap.org/article/judge-lets-brady-play-ruling-against-nfl-deflategate

So there's that.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
AP reporting Tom Brady has won his case.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Squalor

Roger Goodell keeps taking these Ls:
BqEHQsp.gif

Amazing to see the pendulum shift from hating Brady to hating the NFL.

Though the fact that they focus on this and not the multitude of problems facing it is definitely a horrible choice by the NFL.

on one hand, the patriots and brady are cheaters and should be punished.

on the other hand goddell's power grab rubs me the wrong way as someone who cares about having a process where the players know what the comish is going to do.

that being said screw tom brady and screw the Goddell for not being able to fix their league.

Exactly what Goodell wanted. Now he can say "Hey I did my job and suspended him but the court of law thought otherwise!" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caja 117

What a wonderful day, Justice been served and the Concussion movie is coming out, hopefully more awareness comes to how NFL do Bussiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom