• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Front Mission 2089 DS - Nintendo fans love it - more 2nd dippings from S-E

carlos

I hope more games get the cell phone to DS treatment, specifically Parasite Eve and Metal Gear....

edit: lol @ vyse ;)

PolyGone

Banned
the 3d mech on the site got me all excited... only to be let down by the 16bit graphics...

oh well, I'll be buying FM so if I can get into it I may also pick this up... I wonder if that means the sequel to FM 2089 will also be coming?

ethelred

system03-02.jpg
system03-03.jpg
sys-vari01.jpg

sys-vari02.jpg
sys-vari04.jpg
sys-vari07.jpg

sys-vari09.jpg
sys-vari06.jpg
sys-vari05.jpg

The original Front Mission game looks better, honestly... and I doubt the actual gameplay/story in this game are anywhere near that one. Bleh.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Question: Is this unique story of Front Mission or is it pretty much the first game?

Just wondering since no one seems hyped

ethelred

Flynn said:
They had this in their basement booth at E3 this year. It looked sweet.

No... they didn't.

duckroll said:
Edit: Let's be optimistic. Maybe it's a full remake and uses awesome 2D and 3D graphics on the DS!
Or maybe not....

It won't!

Bleh. If they had to port something, I wish they at least would've done Front Mission 2. But an actual new Front Mission game would've been so much better. :(

PolyGone

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
s-e is seriously making me ill these days

look at it this way, if it had been released for the GBA, everyone would've eaten it up with shit-eating grins on their faces.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Vyse The Legend said:
In before, "Parasite Eve 3 DS port confirmed."

Was Parasite Eve 3 any good? I remember sort of disliking the 2nd one at first because it screwed up the awesome ending of the first one but maybe the gameplay is better than I remembered.

Phthisis

Flynn said:
God, I could have sworn I saw this down there in that bank of handhelds. Maybe they only showed video -- or a PSP port?

They had Front Mission DS at E3, which is the very first game in the series, I believe.

Flynn

Phthisis said:
They had Front Mission DS at E3, which is the very first game in the series, I believe.

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. So they've got two Front Mission DS games coming?

duckroll

Flynn said:
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. So they've got two Front Mission DS games coming?

No, FM1st on the DS came out MONTHS ago in Japan. No one gave a shit. This is another game that was unveiled for the first time today, which people ALSO don't give a shit about. Does that clear it up? :lol

PolyGone

Banned
duckroll said:
No, FM1st on the DS came out MONTHS ago in Japan. No one gave a shit. This is another game that was unveiled for the first time today, which people ALSO don't give a shit about. Does that clear it up? :lol

well, FM1st might make some ripples over here, since its the first time we get it... :(

Flynn

duckroll said:

Gotcha. I'll play it. After Front Mission 4 I've been dying to get my hands on the older games.

Symytry

If they give us both of the 2089 episodes that came out on cellphones and give them the FFIV treatment I certainly won't be complaining.

However I have very little faith in Square and these 2089 cellphone games are probably complete shit.

traveler

Not Wario
AlternativeUlster said:
Was Parasite Eve 3 any good? I remember sort of disliking the 2nd one at first because it screwed up the awesome ending of the first one but maybe the gameplay is better than I remembered.

...:lol

It's not out yet. It was announced, much to our dismay, earlier this year to be released on the cellphone in Japan.

AlternativeUlster said:

It's pretty good, tough boss battles though.

Tom_Cody

Damn you Square-Enix. Where is Front Mission 5?! A cell phone game? Are you kidding me? Please just port FM5 to Wii. It will be the only PS2 to Wii port I will ever get excited about.

Oh well, at least we are getting the original Front Mission for the DS on October 23rd.

glaurung

I am still mourning the localized Front Mission 5. That game had the awesome-st FM graphics ever.

Don't tread on my tears, SQUEENIX. ):

Jirotrom

glaurung said:
I am still mourning the localized Front Mission 5. That game had the awesome-st FM graphics ever.

Don't tread on my tears, SQUEENIX. ):
I ordered that game when playasia had it on sale for $20, nice deal:D

Symytry

Fourth Storm said:
Was the second Front Mission game any good? Wasn't it more action based? Maybe they'll port that next...

if you call watching a 20 minute cutscene every time you attack, then by all means, more action.

I'm exaggerating of course, but the game was slow as hell, and some battles took upwards of 2+ hours. If anything, FM 2 was a good sleeping pill :)

I think the "more action oriented" Front Mission game you are thinking of is Front Mission Alternative.

jarrod

Banned
Mr. Pointy said:
God, imagine if Parasite Eve 3, DC: FFVII The Lost Episode and KH: Coded get belated DS ports.
I'd rather have Tobal and the Mana remake, thnx! :D

FM2089 is kinda nice though, hopefully the visuals are updated to 1st standards.

duckroll

The Front Mission blog (that no one reads, because no one cares about Front Mission, which is why it sells like shit and there's zero hype) updated today with the finalized logo design and first character design for Border of Madness specifically for the DS version.

They were on postcards given out at Jump Festa, but clearly since no one cares, no one knew about it.

logow.jpg

logob.jpg

jfpostcard.jpg

Keio

For a Finer World
I've always had a soft spot for Mechs, but for some reason Mechwarrior III was the last Mech game I played.

I also do enjoy light strategy (think Advance Wars) - would Front Mission work for me? Isn't there one DS version already available? Is that the best start to get to know the series?

Top Bottom