• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MSNBC Feb 26 Democratic Debate Thread of "Bring Obama a pillow!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Banned
debate_banner.jpg

Thanks to crisdecuba for the banner! Also, SHAME ON YOU to whichever mod changed the title. I'm guessing amirox.

WHAT: MSNBC Democratic Presidential Debate
WHEN: Tuesday, February 26th 9 PM EST
WHERE: Cleveland, Ohio

THE CONTENDERS

barack_obama00001.jpg
hillaryclinton_wideweb__470x3080.jpg

Delegate Count

Obama- 1180 pledged delegates, 174 superdelegates, 1354 total
Clinton- 1026 pledged delegates, 238 superdelegates, 1264 total

Your Hosts

brianwilliams.jpg
meetthepress.jpg

Obama has won eleven consecutive contests since Super Tuesday by an average of 33%. Hillary Clinton is hanging on for her political life and is likely to keep going negative. (SHAME ON YOU BARACK OBAMA) Obama's response?

barackwater.jpg

Hootie

frist

I can't wait. This should be a bloodbath considering what's transpired since the last debate.

Bracing for epic.

Socreges

Banned
secnod

I'm going to try and catch this one, if only for the soap opera element.

Can someone post a list of the upcoming primaries?

lopaz

Banned
thrid? edit: nah frouth. Fuck guys, I have to go to bed, why did you have to post this and make me want to stay up

edit 2: it's tomorrow? that's ok then

He drank that water during the rally on Friday. I was one of 2 or 3 people in the crowd of 30,000 amused, but we were very amused.

Prediction: Obama will pwn.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
APF said:
BO really stinks. :(

What's the deal with the water BTW?

When Obama's results for Wisconsin started coming in Drudge put up the image to signify domination. Since then GAF has turned it into a meme

APF

Aah

edit: Triumph: what you're saying is, I should find ways to "hydrate" on Obama's campaign. I see.

mj1108

^^^ :lol he looks pissed and she looks scared and :lol @ Brian Williams in the background

I think that banner should be used.

grandjedi6

Hootie said:
The Face of a NEW AMERICA.

By the way, do we have any bad pictures of Obama? I've yet to see one on the interwebs.

Obama is a very photogenic person. Hillary is an unphotogenic person, and thus gets bad pictures taken of her frequently. Plus it doesn't help that Hillary is 14 years older than Obama

Hootie

grandjedi6 said:
Obama is a very photogenic person. Hillary is an unphotogenic person, and thus gets bad pictures taken of her frequently. Plus it doesn't help that Hillary is 14 years older than Obama

Wow, she's in her 60's? I always though mid-late 50's.

grandjedi6

Hootie said:
Wow, she's in her 60's? I always though mid-late 50's.

Obama -- 46
Huckabee -- 52
Edwards -- 54
Hunter --- 59
Romney -- 60
Hillary --- 60
Richardson -- 60
Kucinich -- 61
Dodd -- 63
Giuliani -- 63
Biden --- 65
Thompson -- 65
McCain --- 71
Ron Paul -- 72
Gravel -- 77

Loudninja

grandjedi6 said:
Obama -- 46
Huckabee -- 52
Edwards -- 54
Hunter --- 59
Romney -- 60
Hillary --- 60
Richardson -- 60
Kucinich -- 61
Dodd -- 63
Giuliani -- 63
Biden --- 65
Thompson -- 65
McCain --- 71
Ron Paul -- 72
Gravel -- 77

Damn 0_0

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Smiles and Cries said:
ugh I'm down from the Nader news :(

American politics now sucks again
yeah, the ~400,000 votes he'll get in the general election will be VITAL.

Gruco

Banned
Anyone want to take bets on likely quotes?

"Of course, Obama won Idaho....JUST LIKE GEORGE W BUSH!"

"I don't care what the polls in Texas say, that state doesn't count"

"Obama is criticizing things that I say. This is a well known Republican tactic, developed by Rush and Newt"

'That was a boring 45 minute policy speech that you can Xerox"

"Of course there is still a legitimate path to the nomination. Superdelegates are people too. We need to sit Michigan and Florida. Plus, I'm pretty sure New York and California were originally intended to be winner-take-all"

grandjedi6

I expect Nader bashing from both candidates at the debate. Or would that just give him more attention?

It's going to get extremely messy.

Hilary did what she did in that interview about "Shame on your Barack Obama"

Because she knows that her attacks on Obama that she was asked about during the last debate really hurt her. Now she's hoping to turn the tables on Obama by having him answer for the mailers during the debate.

If the people handling the debate concentrate on those mailers from Obama's campaign, Hilary's campaign is hoping they will illicit enough of a negative response during the debate that it will end up hurting Obama.

Obama needed to make a major mistake for her to have a chance and that isn't happening so she is trying to create that mistake, but I don't believe it's going to end up working out too well for her.

She says she doesn't support Nafta now, but she once did. It seems very common practice now for Hilary to act as if her past decisions don't mean nothing if she gets a different opinion later on. There was one especially big moment at the last debate, but I don't think anyone caught it. When criticizing John McCain Hilary used 2 things to cast a negative on McCain.

#1 Supported of Bush's economic policies pointing out the tax cuts to the upper echelon.
#2 That he supported the Iraq War.

The second one is especially important because she criticized John McCain for supporting the war as a negative against him, but somehow she doesn't have to also bare the responsibility for it even though she supported the War in Iraq as well?

Nonetheless the debate will be quite interesting to say the least. I expect things to get rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom