• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MSNBC Feb 26 Democratic Debate Thread of "Bring Obama a pillow!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

Banned
sangreal said:
Tim Russert will make this a brutal debate for both sides

Absolutely. I cannot wait. This'll be the Superbowl of all debates. The last one before the Texas and Ohio primaries. The word "epic" would be an understatement. :D

Juice

BobLoblaw said:
Absolutely. I cannot wait. This'll be the Superbowl of all debates. The last one before the Texas and Ohio primaries. The word "epic" would be an understatement. :D

Tim Russert <3 <3 <3

There will be blood.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
I can't wait for Russert to lean forward, start wagging his pencil, and hit the candidates with a REALITY CHECK! based on a five minute conversation he had with a random think tank fellow.

Tamanon

Banned
To be fair, remember, we thought the debate in Las Vegas was going to be a brutal slugfest and the only one that looked like he wanted to pick a fight was Obama:p

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
wait, there exist people who actually LIKE tim russert?

Mandark: it's all about those GOTCHA moments. that's what the Beltway DIES for.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
s861015458_1589.jpg

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
If they're standing at podiums, they'll hit hard.

If they're sitting right next to each other at a table, they'll be nice.

It's a weird phenomenon. Despite all the strategy, gamesmanship, and preparation, every time it seems to get overwhelmed by this really basic aspect of human psychology.

The one exception is the last GOP debate where Romney and McCain went at it, but there's a visceral hatred I haven't seen between two candidates in a presidential campaign since Dole and Kemp were on the same ticket in 96.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
aside from that really odd pattern (editor's note: i passed out soon after the Cuba question inthe last debate once I realized they were sitting down and a friend mentioned I wasn't likely to miss much), I can't see see a situation where Hillary wouldn't try to go for the jugular. she tried the conciliatory approach in Texas and the media painted it as a giant Dear John letter. there aren't any options left and if 3/4 is indeed her last stand Clinton needs to strike a harsher tone.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
What are Hillary's lines of attack, though?

1) She's ready, he's not.
2) He'll cut your entitlements.
3) He won't protect abortion rights.
4) Mandates mandates mandates mandates mandates.
5) He'll be too soft on Iran, Cuba, bad foreigners in general.

(1) would be too vague, since she can't use actual accomplishments to draw a distinction. (2) and (3) aren't really true, but she could hammer away at a couple of factoids and hope it sticks. (4) proves that an argument will balloon to the same size no matter how small the difference of opinion, as if filling a vacuum. She's too smart for (5). Now is not the time to attack from the right on foreign policy in a Democratic primary.

My guess is that she'll say "I'm a fighter" and "I/We fought for..." a lot, and try to paint Obama's feel-good rhetoric as proof that he'll appoint Grover Norquist as Secretary of Labor in the name of comity, or something.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Bill Clinton has already told Hillary's campaign that they can't attack Obama on Foreign Policy. Otherwise McCain could use it against Obama in the GE.

mj1108

So what is the over/under on how many questions Hillary will dodge on Tuesday?

Don't think this was posted yet:

022408DailyUpdateGraph1.gif

Chrono

Banned
I just watched obama's austin rally on youtube and he uses some phrases that were part of a famous malcolm x speech I think...

uh, is it really good for obama to associate himself with a figure like that considering his position...? >_>; There was a story about a guy who got close to bill clinton ranting about why they're attacking obama and he used the same words. A poster here said that indicated he was a clinton plant because of his use of those words, the idea being that they were trying to associate obama with malcolm x.

VPhys said:
ANOTHER debate? You've got to be kidding me.

Well it's the last one. I'm curious to see how she plans to turn things around. She's getting close in those gallup polls too...

By the way, when will the debates for the general election start and how many will there be? Are they going to be just before the election or months earlier?

Chrono

Banned
Finish that video guys.

Big breasts will be the last thing you'll complain about it.

HOLY FUCK WHAT DID I JUST WATCH.

Chrono

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
I'm your LAST HOPE!

THE WORD OF GOD..... IN MAH MOUTH!!!

IN MY MOUTH!!!

THE WORD OF GOD IN MY MOUTH!!!

WORD.... OF GOD.... IN MY MOUTH!!!

WORD OF GOD IN MY MOUTH!!!!

soul creator said:
obama is the emissary of the devil!