• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero: World Tour - Most expensive game award? ($189.99)

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Fuck that noise. Shit ain't worth that much to me.

Hopefully my roommate picks it up.

bounchfx

i'm going to get it, but boy do I not like how it's more expensive than RB. at all.

I wonder how the public is going to react. I mean, it still has the more popular brand name... but by the time it comes out? we'll see.

189$ is fucking cheap! Just shup up and think about our european Rockband with 250€!

anyway, so this game is comming to wii, too? even in Europe? that would be cool

Mrbob

BTW we should take a vote now to include all GH sales together as one group, or are November/December top 10 NPD totals will be fucked.

I don't want to see a top 10 of all different Guitar hero 4 packages.

BobsRevenge

omg rite said:
It's only $20 more than Rock Band, and both the guitar AND drums are wireless.

I don't see the issue here.
I already have Rock Band. Having a second game when the first one is still awesome isn't worth as much, and definitely isn't worth $20 more. I'd rather just pick up Rock Band 2 and not have to rebuy instruments.

batbeg

Given that they said the new guitar has new mechanics I thought a new guitar would be compulsory.

Might get the guitar bundle just so I have a second one anyway.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
omg rite said:
It's only $20 more than Rock Band, and both the guitar AND drums are wireless.

I don't see the issue here.

thisisneogafdude.gif

BobsRevenge said:
I already have Rock Band. Having a second game when the first one is still awesome isn't worth as much, and definitely isn't worth $20 more. I'd rather just pick up Rock Band 2 and not have to rebuy instruments.

just don't buy it then or hope they work a deal to use both equipment.

Shawn128

Activision....pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease make this game compatible with rock band controllers (drums I can understand due to the extra button). This is the only thing keeping me from buying this game.

pswii60

It's getting to the point where you really should just buy a real guitar. It'll be more rewarding, that's for sure. And unlimited tunes!

Shins

Banned
pswii60 said:
It's getting to the point where you really should just buy a real guitar. It'll be more rewarding, that's for sure. And unlimited tunes!
bought a real gun after so many darned FPS's sucking my wallet dry

BobsRevenge

g35twinturbo said:
just don't buy it then or hope they work a deal to use both equipment.
Obviously. That's kind of what I said in my first post in this thread.

edit: My Activision boycott from the Rock Band PS3 guitar compatability fiasco lives on.

SickBoy

I'm not sure on this, but I'll probably get it if the track list is good enough (although if there are boss battles maybe not). I would think the band bundle would be the best deal, but I'd be worried they'll cripple the guitar for Rock Band on 360... and then again, maybe it's foolish to have that many plastic musical instruments in my house anyways.

CoilShot

Struct09 said:
Are these official prices? Gamestop had the Rock Band bundle at $200 for a long time.

I was about to post the same thing... This isn't official they are still in testing with the drums so how could they release a price already.

Ceres

Banned
Shins said:
bought a real gun after so many darned FPS's sucking my wallet dry

Have you played these games since GH1?

GH1 + guitars
GH2 (assume using both guitars from GH1)
GH:80s
Want to play GH on PS3 or 360?
GH3 + new guitars (PS2 guitars are now worthless)
Want to play Rock Band on PS3?
RB + drums + guitars (GH guitars won't work - fuck you activision)
GH:WT + drums + guitars if they've got new stuff going on.

This isn't about buying multiple games. It's about having 8 different controllers to play a two rhythm series games.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
These are just placeholders. If you expect the GH:WT bundle to be less than the RB bundle you are crazy.

If these prices are real, I'd like to know why the Guitar Bundle price has increased ten bucks over the last game, which already had a wireless guitar.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
that's nuts, i actually had a dream that i found out the price was $299 :lol i need to stop eating before bed.

$189 is a good price for the extra additions, but they should've made it $149 or $159 to be competitive.

Top Bottom