• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars DS

Dead

well not really...yet
Seems a new SRW for DS has been announced? The cat is out of the bag, or intertubes, as one would say.

Super Robot Wars K

List:

Haja Taisei Dangaioh
Overman King Gainer
Soukyuu no Fafner
Virual-On Marz
Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Destiny
Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Stargazer
Mazinger Z
Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu
Kotetsushin Jeeg
Zoids Genesis
Shinkon Gattai Godannar!! (+second season)
Gun X Sword

seems to be the list. Kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel though (Fafner and Gun x Sword among others)

Guymelef

Needs more ...
Super_Robot_Warz_Z_PV2_Latter_Half_.gif

Apharmd

Well, Virtual On now has been on a Sony AND Nintendo console. Let's pass the franchise over to Microsoft in two years, they haven't had a turn yet!

*sob*

TreIII

Apharmd said:
Well, Virtual On now has been on a Sony AND Nintendo console. Let's pass the franchise over to Microsoft in two years, they haven't had a turn yet!

*sob*

Hey, it may have been a port, but they DID get SRW XO (which was a port of SRW GC).

MechaX

Virtual-On making another appearance should be interesting.

Zoids Genesis should be as well, especially given that Genesis is one of the better Zoids series (Although, not as good as the Chaotic Century shows, but nowhere near as stupid as Zero and Fuzors).

Bebpo

Banned
Also W was very good so this should be one of the better SRW games.

But they need to chill on the SEED. It's in every new SRW now, and it seems to be replacing a lot of UC and older AU Gundam entries. Would much rather have had First Gundam.

Apharmd

Bebpo said:
Also W was very good so this should be one of the better SRW games.

But they need to chill on the SEED. It's in every new SRW now, and it seems to be replacing a lot of UC and older AU Gundam entries. Would much rather have had First Gundam.

Kidding me? Everyone loves SEED in Japan. It will never die.

In fact, I'm looking forward to SEED Destiny. I can kill Freedom with Impulse and Destiny over and over again.

And then Infinite Justice will kick Destiny's leg into pieces and I'm going to attempt to block his beam sabers with my palm beam cannons.

...I hate SEED.

Apharmd said:
AFAIK, the SRW guys do want to get Gurren Lagann in, but it's difficult getting the rights.
I heard something about them waiting 3 years before putting any series in, so there are no spoilers. Where'd you hear that from? interview? shoot me a link if you can find it.

MechaX

octopusman said:
I heard something about them waiting 3 years before putting any series in, so there are no spoilers. Where'd you hear that from? interview? shoot me a link if you can find it.

While I'm neither the person you were talking to nor am I able to provide an actual piece of evidence, I have heard this multiple times when it comes to GANIAX's mecha series. Apparently, the cost for GANIAX mecha series are usually pretty high (higher than the Sunrise pool seemingly), which pretty much contributed to why it took so long for Evangelion to show up in Alpha & MX. That, and look how late Gunbuster entered the frey (even when considering that Diebuster came out not too long around Alpha 3). Anecdotal and hearsay, but take it how you will.

CROSS FIGHT! CROSS FIGHT! CROSS FIGHT! DAAANNNGAIIIOOOHHH! :D

I expect damn good things out of New Gaiking...excellent musical possibilities since surely they'll use Proist theme someplace. Shit got crazy towards the end of the series and the Epilogue..and Banpresto can do some crazy shit with that Epilogue---give them an inch and all that. Same for Godannar Season 2

Is this New Jeeg or classic? I'm guessing New considering the company it would be keeping in this game...

Bebpo

Banned
You know, releasing this one week after DQIX is probably not the best idea. Sure the audiences are different, but there is crossover and most people will still be playing DQIX when K comes out.

Bebpo said:
You know, releasing this one week after DQIX is probably not the best idea. Sure the audiences are different, but there is crossover and most people will still be playing DQIX when K comes out.

A whole week? Most people should be finished with DQIX (first playthrough, anyway) by day 3.

TreIII

Tenbatsu said:
We can make this the famitsu thread. Seems like there is a new hack(hack//link) game.

*weeps, for it being NOT Tail Concerto-related*

...ah well, back to waiting...

Teknoman

Stupid spread out north american copyrights... They need to at least make a real SRW OG series game for the DS so Atlus can bring it over.

hinode

ElectricThunder said:
CROSS FIGHT! CROSS FIGHT! CROSS FIGHT! DAAANNNGAIIIOOOHHH! :D

I expect damn good things out of New Gaiking...excellent musical possibilities since surely they'll use Proist theme someplace. Shit got crazy towards the end of the series and the Epilogue..and Banpresto can do some crazy shit with that Epilogue---give them an inch and all that. Same for Godannar Season 2

Is this New Jeeg or classic? I'm guessing New considering the company it would be keeping in this game...

Koutetsushin is the new Jeeg.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'll probably be shot for saying this...but I want a new entry on PS3/360 please. I want to see what these guys could do on those systems. Sweet lordie the animation...

Anyways, new SRW is always good regardless.

Kintaro said:
I'll probably be shot for saying this...but I want a new entry on PS3/360 please. I want to see what these guys could do on those systems. Sweet lordie the animation...

Anyways, new SRW is always good regardless.

There was a mention of something Super Robot related coming to the PS3 last year, but at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was silently canceled...

Anywhoo, I'm not excited by the lineup, but SRW W was a great game, so another DS entry should be fun.

edit: Damn, I just realized that Bonds of the Battlefield Portable hits on 3/26, and then SRWK the next week on 4/2... too much good stuff.

Tenbatsu said:
We can make this the famitsu thread. Seems like there is a new hack(hack//link) game.

If you say so, then this is the place to mention that Gyakuten Kenji, aka the Miles Edgeworth spinoff of Ace Attorney, has a date. May 28.

Man fuck Seed, can't wait for 00 to replace it, at least it has some nice designs.

And how the fuck does Jeeg show up here and not on Z?

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Too much SEED. Fucking SEED. Fuck SEED fuck it fuck it.
Give me Eureka Seven and Gurren Lagann already. I need to see that crossover.

duckroll

Regulus Tera said:
Goddammit GAINAX! >=(

They already used Eva, what's so different about TTGL?

Nothing. He's talking out of his ass. If they wanted to get GL, they would. It's really as simple as that. It's obvious SRW K is a really cheapass SRW, judging from the lineup. I don't see why anyone would expect a huge property like GL to debut in SRW in anything other than a major console version of SRW. They haven't even released the fanrape expansion disc of SRW Z yet, so it'll be a while before they even announce the next big SRW game. Probably over a year at least. It took years for Gainer and Eureka 7 to get into SRW, and it'll be years before Geass, GL and Gundam 00 get into SRW. That's just how it is. It's not a matter of difficulty getting rights, it's just a case of waiting for the right time and the right game to use major licenses.

Shouta

Why does Godannar make it's first proper SRW experience on this. =| Show deserves waaaay better, like SRWZ better!

Zoids Genesis and Dangaioh are solid choices but why now for Zoids. I mean, I can understand picking Genesis but they could've easily gone earlier with Chaotic Century or even Zero and Fuzors.

lol at Fafner and Gun X Sword. I like GxS but man, that in an SRW game?

TimeKillr

No UC Gundam makes my heart weep :(

At least Z is a great game.

I'm also sad we'll never see OGs or OGG over here... Okay so I have them both in japanese and since I finished the GBA OGs it's no big deal understanding the story, but still :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Link1110 said:
Is the art for this series done by whoever designs the characters for Disgaea? Looks like his style.
Gainax doesn't do art for N1 games.

7Th

Gurren-Lagann's SRW debut will be in a game that also features Diebuster, Gunbuster and Evangelion. An awesome Gainax cross-over it would be too much of a good opportunity to pass up.

Top Bottom