• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars DS

Regulus Tera said:
Goddammit GAINAX! >=(

They already used Eva, what's so different about TTGL?

They've also used Gunbuster in SRW Alpha 3. I think it has to do with the fact that Gurren Lagann isn't old enough. Give it another year, and if we don't see GL in a SRW title, then we can start complaining.

MechaX said:
While I'm neither the person you were talking to nor am I able to provide an actual piece of evidence, I have heard this multiple times when it comes to GANIAX's mecha series. Apparently, the cost for GANIAX mecha series are usually pretty high (higher than the Sunrise pool seemingly), which pretty much contributed to why it took so long for Evangelion to show up in Alpha & MX. That, and look how late Gunbuster entered the frey (even when considering that Diebuster came out not too long around Alpha 3). Anecdotal and hearsay, but take it how you will.

Eva was in F and F Final as well, the series before alpha. Gunbuster as well, and it wasn't the 1st time (beaten on that one).

Leezard

distantmantra said:
They've also used Gunbuster in SRW Alpha 3. I think it has to do with the fact that Gurren Lagann isn't old enough. Give it another year, and if we don't see GL in a SRW title, then we can start complaining.
I realize the post is quite a bit old but anyway: Gundam F91 got into an SRW game six months after it got out.

Regulus Tera said:
I know the DS is region free, but are the SRW games particularly import unfriendly?

Shit, I want. :(

I need to preface this by stating that I can read/speak some Japanese. However, they're actually totally playable. You might not understand what's going on, but they're easier to navigate than a full-fledged RPG.

Leezard said:
I realize the post is quite a bit old but anyway: Gundam F91 got into an SRW game six months after it got out.

That's the reason the SRW team has given in the past concerning Gurren Lagann.

That's a damn fine looking trailer there. Looks like the newcomers to the series are in for a nice intro.

Though, I yearn for the day where the "least" platform is one where being voiced is a given like the console ones now. Though the background music was pretty swell...whatever it was...

Andrew J.

Leezard said:
I see, I thought it just was some internet speculation.

F91 was an exception; usually, Banpresto waits until a series is at least a couple years old to put in an SRW.

There's at least one other exception that I know of. Turn A Gundam was included in Alpha Gaiden only about a year after it finished. There might be others, but they're pretty rare.

Andrew J. said:
F91 was an exception; usually, Banpresto waits until a series is at least a couple years old to put in an SRW.

Yep, they want to make sure people have had enough time to see the series before it ends up in the game. That's why SEED Destiny took a while to show up in a SRW title.

MechaX

neo2046 said:
totally unfriendly, sorry .........

I wouldn't go that far as to call it totally unfriendly.

Sure, the mileage on understanding the story really depends on how familiar you are with the source material. But if you could get through either of the Original Generation GBA games, you can get through a majority of the newer SRW games even without knowledge of the language.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer. Holy crap, Hyper Mode Z-Gradt and Temjin.

neo2046

neo2046 said:
new (2nd) Super Robot Wars K Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIxgZi0MGfU

link changed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh3h8NcQ4dY&fmt=18

MechaX said:
I wouldn't go that far as to call it totally unfriendly.

Sure, the mileage on understanding the story really depends on how familiar you are with the source material. But if you could get through either of the Original Generation GBA games, you can get through a majority of the newer SRW games even without knowledge of the language.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer. Holy crap, Hyper Mode Z-Gradt and Temjin.
yes
but to me, the story line and the script of each character in the battle scene are also quite important

PataHikari said:
Beautiful. I want this now.

Well, the release date got bumped up, so we'll get it sooner than we originally thought.

The mecha love from Japan never stops. Mobile Suit Gundam Bonds of the Battlefield Portable AND SRWK in the same month? AWESOME.

Top Bottom