• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur open beta on fileplanet

frontieruk

blur-1.jpg

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/blur/
http://kotaku.com/5483129/get-your-blur-beta-codes-here?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kotaku%2Ffull+%28Kotaku%29
http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/blur-beta/
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_9842/PlanetXbox360_Contest_Blur_BETA_Codes_for_Lots_of_Gamers

@InsideGaming has been posting codes in it's tweets, apparently doing a certain amount per day so if the tonnes from other sites are gone could give them a follow.
  • Open beta starts 8th March
  • get 48hr Gold membership free

1.44gb download Keys are now being sent out.
anyone else signed up??

redeem codes Here

Added Dani's Kotaku address and also a twitter account giving out codes

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So what thread should we be using for impressions?

jergrah

Just signed up and submitted my code - look forward to checking it out when they send the DLC code next Monday, though I dont have high hopes for the game.

Got a redemption code. went to site to register. email was being used. tried to recover login information with email. but it said not found? good job activision

Gilgamesh

Wow, this easy? Kudos to Activision. Traditionally I'm not very into racing games, but I have been known to enjoy the arcade racing or kart racing variety and F-Zero... lots and lots of F-Zero.

DMPrince said:
Got a redemption code. went to site to register. email was being used. tried to recover login information with email. but it said not found? good job activision

Same thing happened to me. I used a different e-mail, and it worked.

I think the Blur site and the Activision site are partially out of sync. I wouldn't be surprised if I signed up with Activision at some point a while back, but I've never done anything with Blur until just now.

divisionbyzorro said:
Same thing happened to me. I used a different e-mail, and it worked.

I think the Blur site and the Activision site are partially out of sync. I wouldn't be surprised if I signed up with Activision at some point a while back, but I've never done anything with Blur until just now.

Well i just ended up registering a new account with blur. Logged in first and went back to the redeem page. now it ended up with just a redeem code box rather than making me enter a new account with it. Still weird but oh well.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Dani said:
Kotaku have like a million access codes.

Here.

this seemed to work.

Thank you for registering for the exclusive Blur online multiplayer beta. To complete the setup of your account, you must click the link below to confirm your email address. Once you have confirmed your email address you will gain access to the many benefits of your account.

[..]

On March 8 we will email you your Xbox token to download the beta as well as a 48 hour free trial of Xbox Live Gold.

- The Blur Team

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Played about ten races so far. It's weird. But really, really fun.
I had no idea there were licensed cars in this.

It's taking a bit to get used to quasi-realistic driving mechanics while also shooting missiles out of your ford focus. It seems like you should be able to take any turn at any speed.

I've been coming in dead last nearly every race so far, but it's still a blast! There is nothign quite like driving with one eye in the rearview mirror trying to line up a shot, and then firing it while drifting around a corner and hearing the groundshaking "WHOOOOM" travel behind you and wrecking the fuck out of an opponent.

So far the best part of each race is the very beginning when everyone is all bunched up. It's really easy to lose the pack and that makes it significantly less awesome.

Ok, shit just got real.
I unlocked the Lotus Elise, which is like the first "real" car. It made the race way more fun than the slow and busted cars you start with. Also, the Etheral shield sound effect is just plain awesome. Actually, all the sound is really awesome. Especially when you just barely miss someone's weapon.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm getting the same "this email is already in use" thing with both the Fileplanet and Kotaku code - well that's stupid...

Skilotonn said:
I'm getting the same "this email is already in use" thing with both the Fileplanet and Kotaku code - well that's stupid...
Yeah, used the email address that I got from school which seemed to work. But I don't know why my hotmail didn't work.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Prophet Steve said:
Yeah, used the email address that I got from school which seemed to work. But I don't know why my hotmail didn't work.

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked when I used another email address!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet jesus, this game gets crazy with 20 people.
We just raced on the smallest track it was so ridiculous! :lol :lol

derFeef

Jtwo said:
Sweet jesus, this game gets crazy with 20 people.
We just raced on the smallest track it was so ridiculous! :lol :lol
How can you play this, my email says I will get the code on 8th of march. ?

Well, seems like everyone is having a great time with it! And in the face of those naysayers..."forget this trash, it's all about Split/Second."

I say both!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
WuselDusel said:
How can you play this, my email says I will get the code on 8th of march. ?
I dunno, I signed up on Saturday at the tip of some guy in one of the other Blur threads.
It was actually supposed to open yesterday but they delayed it a day. Woke up this morning and got my code.

Jtwo said:
I dunno, I signed up on Saturday at the tip of some guy in one of the other Blur threads.
It was actually supposed to open yesterday but they delayed it a day. Woke up this morning and got my code.

I signed up on Saturday as well but never got a code.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Jtwo said:
IGN subscribers started to get let in Monday. Before that the closed one has been going on for a while.

In my opinion the game is sort of a weird but very entertaining mix between Mario Kart and on-track Burnout, with 20 cars at that. Might end up being a spring sleeper this one. :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
MMaRsu said:
Does anyone have an extra code for me? I have none and would love to play this. Thanks <3

try the kotaku link above.... worked for me just now

Just got in the giantbomb blur beta AWESOME ! :D
I'll let you know if the game has been improved over the last couple of months since I played it last year.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The Dutch Slayer said:
Just got in the giantbomb blur beta AWESOME ! :D
I'll let you know if the game has been improved over the last couple of months since I played it last year.
What's your GT?
I want to play with some Gaffers.

Tunesmith said:
IGN subscribers started to get let in Monday. Before that the closed one has been going on for a while.
Ah, that explains it.. finally my insider subscription comes in handy!

frontieruk

it's bad positioning on my part... will make a better one when I'm not quite as tired or stuck on lappy with only a touchpad to move things... sorry mik :(

Top Bottom