• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On set pics of the Major in ScarJost In The Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

PSY・S;206185328 said:
???

pgnm5uuxlqvsusst4oer.jpg

doxfjvun4eoxdcoexgb4.jpg

w3khxr9vu3tic0bwusnr.png

fptoyfmtogfarmr6j9f6.png

I think it's her for sure in the first and third.

The second is the double apparantly

I think you guys are looking at her eyes as the issue but it's her eyebrows that have had the change from what I can tell.

I'd say that featuring Asian actors as extras and side characters is arguably worse than just not having any roles for them at all. It reeks of them not wanting to give an Asian actor a lead role for this film, but also wanting to hopefully skirt accusations of racism.

"There just aren't enough well-known, talented Asian actors to cast in movies" say Hollywood producers as they hire that crappy actor who plays Euron in Game of Thrones.

Yeah this is the offensive part. I get Scarjo. She got lucy to bank at the box office.

But nobody cares or knows about this actor who plays batou. They could have easily cast an Asian actor here. It's just blatant how disingenuous hollywood is when they make these minority actor excuses

Tall4Life

She looks good. When she puts in the effort she can be an absolutely amazing actress; Her and Lost in Translation especially. I hope this turns out well!

Not

Banned
Just imagine if the main character in the cartoon this movie was based on had a black cyborg body.

You'd better believe they'd at least get Zoe Saldana. Hollywood bums me out.

Oshii has this "what is this shit" face.

But a Kawai soundtrack....fuck. That would be so sweet.

Probably just courtesy. Kenji Kamiyama is also there.

EDIT: And she kinda looks like yoko kanno.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm pretty excited about this movie, I'm a huge fan of the cyberpunk aesthetic and Ghost in the Shell has one of the best cyberpunk looks in any medium.

Jedi2016

Arise was fine, I don't have a problem with that.

Overall, there's just not enough info out there to make a call on whether it will be good or not.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Awful just awful. Like something out of Cloud Atlas make up.

What is awful? They're just set pictures, you can't tell how the final movie will look like from these, especially when all we're seeing is her in costume and some extras.

Ri5JBG0.jpg

And I really don't see how wearing a wig is the same as the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom