• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On set pics of the Major in ScarJost In The Shell

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://kotaku.com/scarlett-johansso...=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+kotaku/full+(Kotaku)

Until now, we haven’t gotten that good of a look at Scarlett Johansson in the upcoming Ghost in the Shell film. The only released publicity still is a profile shot, so it’s hard to see how she’ll pull off augmented-cybernetic human Motoko Kusanagi.

doxfjvun4eoxdcoexgb4.jpg

She has that Arise do.

nc159xcrcmrsld5upqgn.jpg

Also, Pilou Asbaek (Euron in GoT) as Batou.

Huh. She really looks the part as much as a non-Asian actress can, I guess, but where's Batou's eye thingies?

The movie is shooting in Hong Kong, but they wouldn't get Asian actors for the leads? What the fuck!? So fucking weird.

Renpatsu

The movie is shooting in Hong Kong, but they wouldn't get Asian actors for the leads? What the fuck!? So fucking weird.
It's not that they couldn't, but that they are banking on Scarlet Johansson as the lead to provide incentive for the majority of the funding that will go into the budget for a production of this size.

T-Rex.

Banned
It would have been better with an asian actor... but that doesn't look too bad actually. Better than I was expecting anyway.

It's not that they couldn't, but that they are banking on Scarlet Johansson as the lead to provide incentive for the majority of the funding that will go into the budget for a production of this size.

I mean, I am forgetting they cast Kitano, so that's something. I'm just impressed she looks anything like the Major.

ZoddGutts

Huh. She really looks the part as much as a non-Asian actress can, I guess, but where's Batou's eye thingies?

Yeah, it's not like Hong Kong has any foreigners.

Joni

She looks the part, which isn't really unexpected. The hair color is the only thing that seems a bit too dark. Batou seems short and really needs the eye cybernetics, but the first part isn't a huge issue and the second is ma ybe in post. If they fix that, he looks good. Now, how they will act is another element.

Yeah, it's not like Hong Kong has any foreigners.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that it's weird, though preferable to a complete whitewashing, that in the end they only really whitewashed a couple of the lead characters but not the rest of the movie. I don't really know how to react to this movie.

Kinyou

I wonder what they'll do with Batous eyes. Got to be careful that they don't just look like two bottle caps, however no cyber eyes would also feel wrong.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is Batou being played by that guy from Dawsons Creek?

Joshua Jackson? Nah. Jackson is decently tall though, and keeps in good shape for The Affair. This movie would be lucky to have him. But he's probably busy

I don't see home wearing any green contacts or anything...they better not remove the eye things he has, but I know how super anal Hollywood is with "hurrrr have to see the actor's eyes for emotion".

dity

So, are Tachikoma confirmed for this film or will they go the way of Oolong and Puar in Dragon Ball Evolution?

Uzzy

Looks alright, but I'm still holding off any judgement until I see a trailer or at least some plot synopsis.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
As a big fan of every incarnation of GitS I actually would like this to be good. I'm feeling neutral about it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom