• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur open beta on fileplanet

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
frontieruk said:
Should I list Gaffers tags who get mentioned here in OP so we can get Gaf games going (if the demo works like that?)
Sure..
Has anyone else here gotten in yet?
It's lonely in here. :[

The game is an effing blast though, love it.

Comatoes

Neo Member
I'd also like to give thanks. Used one of the Kotaku codes and did the email trick to get it to work. Seeya March 8th.

Phloxy

Wow, must say, played for 3 hours straight, super impressed with the game. Takes me back to project gotham 2, with the awesome and super smooth online play.

Just finished playing for about 45 minutes, it's pretty fun. The first cars are definitely slow and busted, though, I only just unlocked one worth a damn. I haven't gotten into a 20-car battle royale yet but even 12 cars is insanity at the start and in jams. The tracks are clearly and deliberately designed not to handle all that traffic. :)

It's almost literally Mario Kart and Burnout sandwiched together. That said, it lacks Mario Kart's total wackiness and the brutal wrecks from Burnout so maybe that's why it feels like it's missing a little somethin' somethin' for me right now. It kind of splits the difference between them. Of course it's also mercifully missing MK's rubber band AI so that's a big plus.

TwiztidElf

I'm enjoying reading the favourable early impressions after all the hate this game has unfairly received.

I'ma huge BC fanboy, and my faith hasn't waivered.

Hieberrr

Holy shit I can't believe I never knew about this game :\
Wish I had a 360 right now, but I guess I'll wait for the PC release.

big_z

how did you guys get download codes already? it says march 8th codes will go out in the email they sent.

btw im sick of signing up for every developer/publishers unique service, fucking stop!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I got an email from Gamespot saying the beta was available, needles to say I signed up sharpish.

March 8th here I come.

k0ji-wd

WasteLand Soldier said:
once registered where do i find the game on my 360? and will this work if i used an email address different from the one on my live acct?

When you get your code, put it in 'redeem code' on your 360 and you'll get to download it

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
big_z said:
how did you guys get download codes already? it says march 8th codes will go out in the email they sent.

btw im sick of signing up for every developer/publishers unique service, fucking stop!
The external beta phase started March 1st in limited capacity.

Got into limited beta also, it's a bit like Wipeout but in 4 wheels. Fantastic fun though, it has that just one more go feel to it.
Although what did surprise me is when you level up to level 8, you unlock a new gametype Motor Mash (4-20 Players) It is basically Destruction Derby with weapons. The level 'The Bowl' sees you all mad dashing for weapons, lots of carnage with 20 players and highest score wins. Ah the good old days of wreckless carnage.

I've been watching some utterly breathtaking clips of the beta on Youtube...man, this game looks like all sorts of speedy, explodey fun!

Top Bottom